PlayStation Vita

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

cliiick wrote:Natatandaan ko kasi yung sa ps1, I accidentally plugged it sa 110 biglang
may lumabas na usok while I was about to play tekken 3 :lol:

Glad to know na universal na, at least I have no problem when my unit arrives next week :grin:
Naku bro, mga consoles hindi talaga autovolt maski ps3. matutulad yun sa ps one mo. yung mga handhelds lang ang autovolt... :grin:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
stingray1059
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

Seraph011 wrote:
Naku bro, mga consoles hindi talaga autovolt maski ps3. matutulad yun sa ps one mo. yung mga handhelds lang ang autovolt... :grin:
autovolt po ang ps3, maski classic or slim.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...yup autovolt sya.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
jnlxandr
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: hersheyfan

Note: I typed this review out in full via the Vita browser, so it's a lot simpler than usual formatting wise. Also, this is not a purely hardware review as advertised, as it contains quick hits of Uncharted Golden Abyss and Hot Shots Golf, which were my two launch games. Tapping this out blog post style.

I knew I couldnt resist the clarion call of a new Sony system for long - i was just waiting for the price to drop to an acceptable level before pulling the trigger. Lo and behold, Feb 22nd saw the systems Singapore launch, and with it the launch of the Uncharted value pack... I troop to Virra on the weekend, and the Precy gang were selling it for 17 kiao cash.
*glint*
*willpower breaks down*
So Itech takes 18,600 of my hard earned shekels (1,600 extra for Minna No Golf 6) and I run home to test that #@*^ out! In the nicely overstuffed box was...

* Screen Protector: I had the Precy guys lay this on at the store. Plastic film, does the job.
* Carry case: Keeps the Vita nice and safe, but a little thick for my taste. Has cool Playstation logos embossed into the exterior.
* Game card case: Space for ten games and a couple of mem cards. Looks like the sort of thing you could lose easy if you arent careful - would have been better if built into the carry case instead. Tinago ko na lang ulit.
* Uncharted Golden Abyss: The full game, with a case and everything. Sleeve looks cheap. Strongly considered trading this in for Lumines but didnt.
* 4G mem card: Kinda small, but hey its free.
* A wi-fi Vita: Well, no sh1t buddy.

Hey Sony, wheres the free headphones? Cheap bi7ches, kahit mumurahin lang sana.

So i clip the case on and it clicks nicely into place. Switch the Vita on, hey presto! Nice screen, as expected. Analogs are smooth, though i dislike the upward placement of the face buttons. Body is fingerprint magnet. Dislike rear touch pad almost immediately.

Vita OS is beautiful, though less functional than iOS. Dont like how PS button serves as back in most cases, wish there was a native software close app button or at least one in an easier to reach spot.

I try and play a bit of Hot Shots and theres a mandatory firmware update on the card itself.
*Taps fingers*
Game starts, and its gorgeous! Feeling giddy. Portable HSG, with trophies!
I back out and figure ill DL more demos in the background while playing para multitasking. Sign into PSN....
A system software update is required.
Fuuuuu - ghhhhh. Its Sony hardware, alright. :2thumbs:

I leave it on the table and get a drink, come back in 15 and its done.
The Vita PS store is smooth, and the demos queue without a hitch. FIFA, Dynasty Warriors, Reality Fighters #whaaaat? Sue me, and Lumines. Exit.

Tried Near. Couldnt get it to work. So long, buddy.
Friends list and messaging are separate apps that you have to switch between. So stupid, terrible design decision.
Internet browser is absolutely awful. Worse than the PS3s, massive page tiling. Any semi decent smart phone's browser, say a mid range Galaxy at least, can beat the pants off this thing.

Played Welcome Park, a built in app. Nice intro minigames. Easy trophies, baby! I get hooked on the Sound DJ thing and spend 15 minutes making a crappy techno song and beatboxing.

Speaking of trophies, the Trophy app is ok but needs work. I wish there was a way to store all your trophy data for both Vita and PS3 locally so you could view it without a net connection. Instead you can only see your Vita trophies locally, with the full PS3/PSV list viewable with a PSN sign-in. Humph.

Played HSG again. Naadik. Game is fantastic! Is everything I wanted it to be, great fun and infinitely replayable.

Ran low on batt. Turned off the Vita, charged. Used the PS3.

1Hr and change later, Vita is back on its feet! Full charge, nice. Play HS some more, then attempt to play Golden Abyss. Nakakainis magpalit nang game on his thing, hassle buksan yung takip sa taas. Dapat parang NDS nalang na open.

Graphics are so f*cking awesome. It looks a lot better on the Vita screen than on the videos i see over the net where its all grainy and sh*t.

Speaking of sh*t, controls are quite bad upon first try. So hard to aim. Died twice in first shooting segment. Turn off Vita in disgust.

Day 2: Take Vita on the road to test batt. While waiting for GF to arrive, I play HSG. Still fun. I figure that its easy to save batt by lowering the brightness to 1/3. Versus the default of 2/3, you can get an extra 2hrs or so out of the charge, especially if you turn off wifi scanning and Bluetooth.

I show the Vita to the GF. Coos and pahirams abound. We test out the front and rear facing cameras, Quality is grainy but great for taking date photos.

Turns out the Sleep mode works great - power on in two seconds versus like 10-15 from dead start. Doesnt seem to use much battery life at all! Great!

Long day. I get home, Try to play Uncharted again. I force myself to get a hang off the controls, sayang naman diba kung hindi ko laruin...
...You know what, as it turns out the game's quite good.
...Real good.
The "mysteries" the game makes you solve as an added collection side quest has crack like addictive qualities, and the control becomes second nature before long... I got the Survivor trophy just now, and Im playing on hard.
That said, the minigames are cheap gimmicks, and the story seems like total dreck. Dialogue is still snappy though, except for Marisa Chase, who is annoying as all hell.

I stopped playing and didnt realize it was 130am. Damn! F*Ck Lumines, im glad i didnt swap this out.

Anyway, enough with the rambling. What did i think?

Solid build quality but some design flaws, great analog sticks, great OS and most importantly, great games. I buy a lot of consoles at launch and this has been one of my most positive launch experiences ever, despite al the griping above. A really solid buy boys, Im a happy camper.

This Vita thing just might work out after all! :hug:
Trophy Level 18, 33%
77 PS3 Blu-Ray games and counting!
NP:
PS3 - Wizardry, NBA 2K11, Alice: Madness Returns, Dead Nation, The Last Guy
kira013
Destruction Derby
Destruction Derby
PSN ID: PSN ID - avalon013

auto volt po PS3.. nung bumili ako sa DB ng PS3 slim ko sabi ko sa kanila sa 220 auto volt yan kahit US yan. sabi nila ikaw bahala sir pag nasira d daw nila sagot yun sabi ko suuure. pag saksak sabi ayun auto bolts nga! hahaha! :sweat:

anyway question ano maganda network para sa 3g ng vita?? globe, smart or meron mas ok??
PSN ID - [MNYK] avalon013
20 platinum trophies

Currently playing Assassins creed III, assassins creed III liberation, Little big planet vita and playstation allstar
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

kira013 wrote:auto volt po PS3.. nung bumili ako sa DB ng PS3 slim ko sabi ko sa kanila sa 220 auto volt yan kahit US yan. sabi nila ikaw bahala sir pag nasira d daw nila sagot yun sabi ko suuure. pag saksak sabi ayun auto bolts nga! hahaha! :sweat:

anyway question ano maganda network para sa 3g ng vita?? globe, smart or meron mas ok??
depende sa area niyo sir...pero para sakin smart kasi walang cap yung 1 day unli surf nila..sa globe kasi may cap na 800mb per day
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
kira013
Destruction Derby
Destruction Derby
PSN ID: PSN ID - avalon013

ah ganun ba thanks sa reply sir :2thumbs:
PSN ID - [MNYK] avalon013
20 platinum trophies

Currently playing Assassins creed III, assassins creed III liberation, Little big planet vita and playstation allstar
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

pero naalala ko may cap din nga pala yung 3g feature ng vita..20mb/day kaya okay lang yung sa globe
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
meloya
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: meloya

cliiick wrote:Natatandaan ko kasi yung sa ps1, I accidentally plugged it sa 110 biglang
may lumabas na usok while I was about to play tekken 3 :lol:

Glad to know na universal na, at least I have no problem when my unit arrives next week :grin:
haha ganyan na ganyan din nangyari sa ps1 ko sir. naaliw pa ko TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION ang puti nung usok parang bagong sinaing haha. gumana parin sya TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION fuse lang daw TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION sumabog nung pinaayos ko :cheer:
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Kung ganyan lang dapat pala nasa 350 pesos lang yung dataplan ng PSV dito if meron mag ca-carry.
gabriel_nica
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PSN ID: gabriel_nica

i've come up w/ the best analogy.
ps vita =slr
3ds=digicam
iphone/android= camera phone (redundant hehe)

nothing beats a dedicated device.
LONG LIVE PLAY

psn: gabriel_nica
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

gabriel_nica wrote:i've come up w/ the best analogy.
ps vita =slr
3ds=digicam

:rofl: :2thumbs:
blakedaddy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blakedaddy

-edited- foudn my answer :lol:
PSN: blakedaddy
Interested in tagalog Animes from the 90's - present? --- Ghost Fighter, Hunter X Hunter, Hajime no Ippo, Dog of Flanders, Munting Pangarap ni Romeo, Gintama, Hell Teacher Nube, etc..
add me up fb: legatosummers@yahoo.com
stingray1059
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

gabriel_nica wrote:i've come up w/ the best analogy.
ps vita =slr
3ds=digicam

huh?dedicated device ang vita? kelan pa?
parokyano
LeBronista

since it was announced.. gaya ng 3DS dedicated gaming device sila.
stingray1059
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha

parokyano wrote:since it was announced.. gaya ng 3DS dedicated gaming device sila.
pero pwedeng mag camera, video, internet, facebook, maps at purchase games aside sa pagiging dedicated gaming device nila?

dedicated [ˈdɛdɪˌkeɪtɪd]
adj
1. devoted to a particular purpose or cause a dedicated man
2. assigned or allocated to a particular project, function, etc. a dedicated transmission line dedicated parking space
3. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing designed to fulfil one function a dedicated microprocessor
cliiick
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: Mikdette

Sir we all know what he meant by dedicated gaming device. Although technically and precisely speaking hindi talaga dedicated gaming device ang unit, I got his point because his intention was clear. No need to point it out by being callous/arrogant in replying to the comment. If you want to correct somebody else, then you may do it kindly :)

With that being said, hindi ako mahilig sa camera kaya hindi ko masyado gets ang analogy hehe.
Psn ID: Mikdette
US account
gabriel_nica
PSN ID: gabriel_nica

stingray1059 wrote:
parokyano wrote:since it was announced.. gaya ng 3DS dedicated gaming device sila.
pero pwedeng mag camera, video, internet, facebook, maps at purchase games aside sa pagiging dedicated gaming device nila?

dedicated [ˈdɛdɪˌkeɪtɪd]
adj
2. assigned or allocated to a particular project, function, etc. a dedicated transmission line dedicated parking space
3. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) Computing designed to fulfil one function a dedicated microprocessor
sige sir my bad. lets not debate over what i've said. :sweat: since we are on the topic of the vita's versatility... i'm planning on buying a vita around the end of the month. ano sa tingin nyo? ok na ba yung wifi only or should i future proof with the 3g/wifi (ano sa tingin nyo and pwedeng madagdag na function? makakapagtext kaya in the future sa vita.,hindi gamit ang chika hehe)
LONG LIVE PLAY

psn: gabriel_nica
oyet
PSN ID: kristofferdennis

stingray1059 wrote:

dedicated [ˈdɛdɪˌkeɪtɪd]
adj
Ganito na lang. On the PS Vita, gaming is great but everything else actually sucks.

1. Internet Browser - For a quadcore device, I don't understand why loading pages takes forever. So I never use my Vita for browsing. I just use my phone for that.
2. Facebook - 1st day online, it was taken down immediately because of bugs and system crashes. Also, the UI is all around the place. Kumbaga, clutter galore. I just use my phone to check FB.
3. Camera - Yeah, may camera but honestly, the image is not so nice. Compared with a DS or an 8MP camera phone, that is. Again, I rather use my phone for pics. You can't even upload the pics or vids you took to Facebook... for now though.
4. Maps - Never gumana especially if WiFi only connection. Always cannot find location. Yeah, you can register it in Skyhook but why the extra effort? Dapat andun na yun. I get the same problems when using Near. I could never update it manually, pero pag pinababayaan mo, naguupdate naman siya... kung feel lang niya.

And the list goes on.

Not that I'm complaining or hating though. Don't get me wrong ha? I LOVE MY VITA! Pero as a "Dedicated" gaming device. For anything else, I just use my phone, digicam or laptop. Even though I love my device, I have to be honest with what it's capable of and what it's bad at. Therefore, I don't get disappointed with it's performance. Like now, I expect it to satisfy my gaming needs and it does that and sometimes exceeds my expectations. Kaya for me, sulit na sulit pa rin sya.

Anyway, the Vita is still new and I expected as much. I just hope future updates or firmwares will make it into an all-in-device we are all expecting it to be. Who knows, in the future, hinde lang ang PS3 ang may tagline na "It Only Does Everything." :)

Just IMHO. :)
Units:
160GB Black PS3 CECHP12 (YLOD)
320GB Black PS3 CECH3012B
PS Vita 3G/Wifi JP model

Currently Playing:
PS3: Uncharted 3, NBS 2k12, COD: MW3, Skyrim
PS Vita: Uncharted Golden Abyss, UMVC3, FF: War Of The Lions
parokyano
LeBronista

stingray1059 wrote: pero pwedeng mag camera, video, internet, facebook, maps at purchase games aside sa pagiging dedicated gaming device nila?

dedicated [ˈdɛdɪˌkeɪtɪd]
adj
Gumamit pa talaga ng dictionary.. :rofl:
Dedicated handheld gaming system talaga ang PSV and 3DS.. yung camera and internet kasama sa gaming functions ng PSV.. and since may internet na why not add some features na diba? Parang mga kotse lang din.. pag nilagyan mo ba ng radyo, screen panels, and wi-fi connectivity eh hindi na siya dedicated to transporting poeple from one place to another?