Hopes & Fears for Next-gen Gaming in the Philippines

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Metal Gerard Solid
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

Hello fellow Filipino gamers. I'd like to talk about our hopes and fears when it comes to next-gen console (PS4, Xbox One)/PC gaming and how the new consoles/PC would function/perform in the Philippines in the near/distant future. I think it would be good to discuss things that we want and do not want to see in our local gaming scene since it's the start of a new console generation.

Some stuff you might want to discuss:

- Official support for the country in terms of online stores and multiplayer
- Which console do you want to sell more/have a bigger market share in the PH
- More gaming events (game launches, tournaments, etc.) in the country
- Prices, piracy, used games
- Exclusive distributorship (NBA 2K13 fiasco between DB and X-play)
- More games with a Philippine element/setting
- Consoles not having full functionality because of region locked-features

Personally, I'm hoping for official support for the country in terms of online stores and online play. Additionally, I hope that our used-games market (tipidpc, sulit, pinoy gaming forums) continues to exist; and for Datablitz to get in on the used-games/trade-in market like Gamestop in the US. As for a fear,I fear that the new consoles would have an overly inflated price during launch, similar to how the Wii U was 27k at DB last year.
Last edited by Metal Gerard Solid on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

I'm more concerned with X-Play as a game distributor. Already they have Bioshock Infinite, Resident Evil Revelations and The Last of Us under their belt
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Sunod lang naman tayo sa uso e.

Very good move na na-release ang PS3 dito sa bansa natin. Nakita nila na may market dito. Alam mismo ng Sony PH na merong PinoyPS. :agree:

Gaming events? Well, gusto ko ng purely console gaming na event. Nandiyan ang mga PlayStation, Wii at Xbox.

PlayStation country pa rin tayo e, so...
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
pantellica
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

well for me wala naman ako ganung fear sa paglabas ng mga new console, patuloy namang may lalabas na console eh like ps5 to ps6 and so on....

my hopes lang is magkarun ng affordable and mahusay na console repair talaga like accredited ng Sony talaga or sony mismo...hinde yung mga tecnician kuno tapos pabalik balik ka sayang lang pera mo, my concern to this yung mga na ylod na or bdl ang console nila,(ok pa naman yung saken and no problem)

yung mga legit stores like datablitz and i-tech patuloy na andyan basta wag lang mapapatay ng pirata or jailbreak.

my concern lang also in the future eh yung paglabas ng mga phone games and ipad games,tablet etc...baka kase yan na ang tangkilikin ng mga tao tapos maging threat pa sa console gaming.

kapag yan ang naghari sa gaming, mag stick na lang ako sa past gaming ko, ayoko na mga yan hehe. :lol:
aceshot
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: acesyot

yup sana may psn na tayo..and tama dapat may legit support tayo galing from sony. Ang fear ko naman is ang aim ata nang future gaming industry is to digitalize and more on sociable aspects na,parang nakalimutan na nila ang basic,games to have fun,hindi yung share dito share doon.Regarding future games going digital,i still prefer hard copies,gusto ko ma hawakan..and ma amoy yung amoy bago nang mga games Lol.
PSN ID = acesyot
Sometimes we do stupid things just to survive..and it ain't pretty
-John Marston