PlayStation 4 Pro

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Will you buy a PS4K at launch?

Yes, Day 1
21%
Yes, but not day 1, I might get when it becomes cheaper
28%
Yes, but when I get a better TV
12%
No, i still have a PS4
26%
Nah, ps4pro what?!
2%
No, i'd rather wait for PS5
12%

Total votes: 43
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

ron_bato wrote:
Tibarn wrote:...wala akong sinabing next ps4, ang sinasabi ko lang pag naging maganda ang kalalabasan ng scorpio sa market, panigaradong tatapatan ng sony yan.
Well then not really, because what the Sony will do with the next console (you seem to be suggesting the PS5) won't come out para 'tapatan ang Scorpio', but to be the proper next generational leap - i.e. abandoning support for PS4 - something that the Scorpio isn't meant to do with the Xbox 1.

The time has passed para tapatan scorpio, if Sony would have wanted to match what XB is doing with the Scorpio, they would have delayed the PS4 Pro. The PS5 will most likely launch around late 2018 and 2019 and will be far away superior compared to the Scorpio - and not be meant as something to 'match' what Scorpio does.
yup, remember Scorpio launches in late 2017, so until then the PS4/PS4 Pro will still be the fastest console on the market , then when Scorpio comes it will become the fastest console until maybe late 2018 when the PS5 arrives

anyways since XB1 games will be coming for the PC, you can't really say XB games are exclusives anymore like for example Halo, Forza, Gears of War etc..
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

The more I'm reading about the Pro, the more I'm getting a little disappointed. Parang si Taguro lang na hindi inabot ang 100% na lakas. :mrgreen:

Sony is trying to sell the machine's 4k capabilities, but really, it's not "fully" 4k? No 4k Blu-ray? HDR patches from previous PS4 games may have a fee?
:-|

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Crazycajun wrote:The more I'm reading about the Pro, the more I'm getting a little disappointed. Parang si Taguro lang na hindi inabot ang 100% na lakas. :mrgreen:

Sony is trying to sell the machine's 4k capabilities, but really, it's not "fully" 4k? No 4k Blu-ray? HDR patches from previous PS4 games may have a fee?
:-|
1. No 400 dollar machine will give you native 4k, people who have seen the 4k reconstruction method of Sony have been impressed with the iq, even though the display isn't in native 4k.

That and there are benefits for 1080p users.

2. This is a weird omission, but they probably had to do this to cut cost.

3. No, they've stated that pro patches will come free.
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It was better when I didn't know about the Scorpio. LOLZ!

It's just that Microsoft's machine is promising these features that Pro doesn't have. It's a bit disappointing.

Now if Scorpio gets released at a higher price point, Say 499-599, Then Pro's shortcomings would be understandable.

Still, either way, I'm still gonna get this at launch. Nakontrata na ng friend ko yung current PS4 ko hehehe.....

grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Pwede kaya pagpalitin ng diretso yung hdd ng normal ps4 and nung pro? Para no need ng setup hehe...
**** ****!
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

ron_bato wrote:
Sn@kemaru wrote:40" TCL 4K TV with free digital camera at SM Appliance = 21K pesos.

TCL is china-brand. Mas mura yun sa HiSense kaso china-brand din.

Worth it ba kumuha ng PS4 Pro kung hindi naman ako kukuha ng 4K TV (sa ngayon) at PSVR? Or enough na ang PS4 slim?
If wala ka pang PS4, mag Pro ka na, maliit lang naman dagdag mo, you get 1 TB hard drive, and there are benefits even for non-4k Tvs.

Alam ko okay naman TCL, pero may mga samsung na mura na na 4k smart tv eh. Yung bili ko sa akin nung May na cheapo samsung 4k smart TV na 40 inch 23k lang eh.
Sige pafs. salamat sa advice. Nagkataon naman nasira pa PS3 ko ngayon.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Crazycajun wrote:It was better when I didn't know about the Scorpio. LOLZ!

It's just that Microsoft's machine is promising these features that Pro doesn't have. It's a bit disappointing.

Now if Scorpio gets released at a higher price point, Say 499-599, Then Pro's shortcomings would be understandable.

Still, either way, I'm still gonna get this at launch. Nakontrata na ng friend ko yung current PS4 ko hehehe.....
If scorpio ships out with a kinect-less version, i wouldnt expect this to be above the 499 mark.

Im guessing 450 for scorpio.
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

Sino kaya dito ang unang magkakaroon ng PS4 slim?
PS4 Pro? :)
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

May papansin pa ba sa Slim? :mrgreen:

eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

No brainer just buy the PS4 Pro kung wala pang PS4. Kung nanghihinayang ka sa $100 difference, then you should not be gaming and stick to mobile games na lang. Kung $200 ang Slim baka mas maraming papansin siguro, lalo na yung mga casual gamer.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

PS4 Pro 4K Blu-ray update could be added in the future

Writer, Bill Hunt, claims that industry sources have passed on information that this was a deliberate move by Sony due to the fact that it has a 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray player launching in 2017. If the PS4 Pro launched being UHD-compatible it would affect sales, he claims.

What’s even more interesting is that there’s belief that Sony could in the future provide an update to PS4 Pro to support the UHD format, likely after sales of its souped-up Blu-ray player have subsided.

“It’s been noted around the Net in the last day or so that the actual disc structure and drive hardware are essentially the same between regular Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray,” says Bill.

“So it seems very possible that, once Sony Consumer Electronics’ set-top Ultra HD Blu-ray player finally arrives in stores and sells through for a while, you could see Sony Interactive Entertainment surprise people with a firmware update that adds full 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc compatibility to the PlayStation 4 Pro.”

source: http://www.psu.com/news/31155/PS4-Pro-4 ... the-future
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hmmmm? Parang yung ginawa ng Capcom sa SFvs.Tekken. Characters already in the disc to be unlocked later as paid DLC.

If the update is free then great!

But isn't the 4k Blu-Ray drive a hardware and not software, hence, cannot be updated by patch? Kung wala taalgang 4k Blu-ray drive ang pro, pano I-update yun? Un;ess maglabas uli sila ng PS4 Ultra Pro na may kasama nang 4k Blu-Ray drive. :mrgreen:

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

yes, it's hardware, you can't patch it
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I'm definitely in now. But I'm holding off on buying a 4k HDR tv for now. The affordable sets just don't have good enough input lag and I can't justify spending a hundred k on a good tv lol.
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

Planning to get the slim version, wala ako benefits yung pro version. Wala din naman ako 4k TV
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
PSN ID: kenet_jose

Clestcruz wrote:Planning to get the slim version, wala ako benefits yung pro version. Wala din naman ako 4k TV
That's what I'm intending to do. Pero habang tumatagal tumatagal nasu-sway ako sa direction ng Pro :lol:
PSN (US): kenet_jose
PSN (SG): kenjose
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:I'm definitely in now. But I'm holding off on buying a 4k HDR tv for now. The affordable sets just don't have good enough input lag and I can't justify spending a hundred k on a good tv lol.
Did my research here as well, and i agree on every point. The ones with low display lag are really expensive.

Sabay tayo bumili pre. Para sweet. :lol:
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

xgh0st12x wrote: Sabay tayo bumili pre. Para sweet. :lol:
Saan mo balak ba? :) Hahaha, sige, okay lang sa akin <3
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

FFXV PS4 PRO gameplay

PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
sic001
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
PSN ID: kenet_jose

May Ps4 Slim na sa Datablitz. 19k+ ata price.

Pero bat ganun, yung PS4 classic $399 ang price tapos binenta nila dito ng 17.5k pesos tapos ang price ng ps4 slim na $299 sa US e 19k ang price nila :???:
PSN (US): kenet_jose
PSN (SG): kenjose