[Feb GotM] Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2.11.2014)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
MegamanX
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

sana meron din tong demo just like ng FFXIII-2.
medyo nakakacurios din kung ano battle system / gameplay nito since isang character lang pwedeng gamitin
and macconsider pa rin kaya to na RPG? or Action-RPG na rin?
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: VsAssassin

Fantasy Gamer wrote:Baka si Lightning na ang magiging crystal.
Forever na kaya siyang magiging crystal? :bigmouth:
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

eemapua14
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: EEmit04

We want Noctis! :2thumbs: Square Enix is just milking this lame b*tch :banghead:
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan
PSN ID-EEmit04
My Playstation History
PS3 Slim-Charcoal Black 320gb US Version
PS3 Fat-Black 80gb Asian Version
PSP 2000-Piano Black
PS2 Fat/Slim
PS1 Fat
blessed
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: talamak-me

eemapua14 wrote:We want Noctis! :2thumbs: Square Enix is just milking this lame b*tch :banghead:
if i know, bibili ka din niyan :grin:
pantellica
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

blessed wrote:
eemapua14 wrote:We want Noctis! :2thumbs: Square Enix is just milking this lame b*tch :banghead:
if i know, bibili ka din niyan :grin:
just like capcom and konami and other gaming company, capcom is milking resident evil and konami for mgs series, but it doesn't matter, those games are still good to play every sequels.

pero dapat naman tapusen na nila ito sa part 3 mejo corny na kung may part 4 na hehe
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

^ Sa tingin ko hindi naman milking ang ginagawa ng Konami sa MGS series kasi hindi pa naman talaga malinaw ang story.
eemapua14
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad
PSN ID: EEmit04

blessed wrote:if i know, bibili ka din niyan :grin:
FYI I stopped playing Final Fantasy when lame Lightning became the main character, nababaduyan ako pag Heroine e IMO. I'd rather play DmC with an emo version of Dante than this :sweat:
Sobrang milking na to, kung yung mga naglalaro nga sa game na andun si Lightning nauumay na e. :banghead:
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan
PSN ID-EEmit04
My Playstation History
PS3 Slim-Charcoal Black 320gb US Version
PS3 Fat-Black 80gb Asian Version
PSP 2000-Piano Black
PS2 Fat/Slim
PS1 Fat
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Personally, Lightning was an 'okay' character. Thing is, her characater development was almost non-existent. Giving off that 'tomboy' impression also didn't help. She was too trying to be rock-solid for me and it didn't work out. She could've sported a strong outer shell but still displayed a very human core. Emphasis on the 'human core', and not emo core. Personal comment ko lang about Lightning guys ha?

Oh and take note: I haven't bought into FFXIII-2. This means there are those who really got tired of Lightning. This doesn't mean I won't buy this game though. Tama yung comment nung isa dito a page or two ago na hintay na lang ng collection. Yun na lang gawin ko.
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ako rin hinihintay ko yung Collection, sana may Japanese voice with English Sub yung ilalabas nila.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
bhAbOi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: bhAbOi

Nagtataka lang ako bat may mga tao na nag popost sa topic ng larong hindi naman nila lalaruin?

Masyadong maraming butas lang yung story ng mga characters kaya hindi sila na dedevelop.

Muka namang turn-based RPG parin sya kahit iisa nalang yun character na macocontrol mo. at sabi nga dun sa post ng famitsu yung gameplay nya feels like your controlling a whole party rather than one.
Add me up on PSN!

US PSN ID: JhorenBadtrip

Now Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/bhaboi24 - World Tekken Federation
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

bhAbOi wrote:Nagtataka lang ako bat may mga tao na nag popost sa topic ng larong hindi naman nila lalaruin?

Masyadong maraming butas lang yung story ng mga characters kaya hindi sila na dedevelop.

Muka namang turn-based RPG parin sya kahit iisa nalang yun character na macocontrol mo. at sabi nga dun sa post ng famitsu yung gameplay nya feels like your controlling a whole party rather than one.

Nagra-rant siguro sila? As for me lalaruin ko ito, sa murang halaga or hiram nga lang. :lol:

On-topic: Sana mala Vagrant Story na lang ang combat. Here's hoping.

Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

Bottomline, lalaruin ko pa rin ito and hopefully hindi naman mahirap i-plat din.
enma8910
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

lalaruin ko pa rin to kahit madaming haters.hehe di nga lang day 1 purchase.
Reis13
PlayStation
PlayStation

I really don't get why lots of people hate FF13.
I mean, yeah the game's linear and all, the story's not that bad.
The paradigm system ain't bad either.

No offense but i think most of these people are too hung up on FF7.
FF7 was and always will be a great game but Square Enix cannot stay making revamps of the same
game over and over again. They need new ideas and concepts that they think the fans will like next.

FF13-2 ain't bad either, in fact they improved the gameplay for making it somehow an open world.
The only thing i don't like in FF13-2 is the story since they added "time" as a main point of the game,
and as we all know "time" has a lot of loopholes and creates alternate realities of what might have been.
pantellica
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Reis13 wrote:I really don't get why lots of people hate FF13.
I mean, yeah the game's linear and all, the story's not that bad.
The paradigm system ain't bad either.

No offense but i think most of these people are too hung up on FF7.
FF7 was and always will be a great game but Square Enix cannot stay making revamps of the same
game over and over again. They need new ideas and concepts that they think the fans will like next.

FF13-2 ain't bad either, in fact they improved the gameplay for making it somehow an open world.
The only thing i don't like in FF13-2 is the story since they added "time" as a main point of the game,
and as we all know "time" has a lot of loopholes and creates alternate realities of what might have been.
agree ako sayo, sobrang tagal na ng ff7 pero may mga tao pa din na yun ang hinahanap, ilang beses ko na nilaro at tinapos ang ff7 at palaging maganda at masarap uliten pero hinde ko sya hinahanap sa mga next ff series. saka much reasons ng iba eh linear daw yung ff13 kaya ayaw nila gusto nila yung may mga towns tulad ng sa ff7, pero di ba madame naman may gusto ng ff10/ffx correct me if my wrong di bat linear din yun pero madame naman nakagusto, honestly diko gano gets ang story ng ff13 basta na enjoy ko lang sya laruen saka ganda ng graphics kase kaya sure buy saken lage ang ff series. :lol:
Reis13
PlayStation
PlayStation

Don't forget the game's compelling Music.
The game's Music is what makes it a Final Fantasy.

FF10 is really not that linear, it does allow you to travel through places
(Without the world map though). FF10-2 WAS linear, you could just speed through
the story following all the story points in the game. It's quite short if you ask me,
especially if you just went with the story. The only thing that made it long are the
sidequest which i only knew of when i was at like near the end of the game.
And the hidden dresspheres.
darkpaladin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: monkmon08

pantellica wrote:agree ako sayo, sobrang tagal na ng ff7 pero may mga tao pa din na yun ang hinahanap, ilang beses ko na nilaro at tinapos ang ff7 at palaging maganda at masarap uliten pero hinde ko sya hinahanap sa mga next ff series.
most probably yung mga naghahanap nun eh siguro yun yung una nilang Final Fantasy o kaya di pa nila nalaro lahat ng Final Fantasies. IMO mas maganda pa ang VI kesa dun.

Anyways lalaruin ko pa rin ito. Ok naman sakin si Lightning. Di ko lang feel na babae siya.

Currently playing:
PS4: Final Fantasy XV, Tekken 7
PC: Chrono Clock, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

My Figure Collections
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ako naman first FF ko eh FF9. And to tell you the truth, it's one of the best FFs I've played. The best FF for me, however, is FFX. It's structurally linear but it really didn't give me that feeling since there were other things to do. The 'Circular' pathway system, in which most of the towns can be traversed in a 'metro' style way, masked that linear feeling too. Like every town can be visited if you go straight, left, right this way.

Anyway, and pinaka nagustuhan ko naman sa FFXIII eh yung 'My Hands' na song. I also liked the Menu music. The falcie branding also showed promise. Unnerving nga naman na pag na-branded ka eh need mo gawin ang utos sayo sa premonition mo or else magiging monster ka.

Now I'm way past this game being linear, and kawawa naman FFXIII, bugbog na sa comment na ganito; tigilan na. Ang sakin lang eh aside from this fact, the world just didn't feel connected for and to me. Siguro nga ito yung naging aim ng SE. I know in an interview they stated na gusto nilang maging mala CoD ang approach nila sa progression ng game. I guess they did that well since some areas you can no longer visit past a certain point. Parang sa CoD na hindi mo mababalikan yung isang area sa isang chapter unless you go back to the main menu and restart that chapter. Kumbaga unrelenting experience. To a degree, they pulled it off, so I applaud them for making this kind of progression FF-style.

Here's hoping they experiment with a different story progression next time. Maybe a blend of roller-coaster storytelling and a more coherent presentation.

Fantasy Gamer
Judge Magister Supreme
PSN ID: Fantasy_GamerX

Final Fantasy VII is my most favorite RPG.
It is not my first RPG.
It is not my first FF.
I've played all non-online FFs, including the Tactics and Crystal Chrinicles sub-series.
I've played it, start to finish and done everything with max stats, 13 times to date.
Played all my FFs, at least, twice, except II, XIII and XIII-2... I enjoyed these 3, but not enough for me to replay it from the start.
I'm looking forward to playing future FFs and replaying the others I loved.

"A SOLDIER First Class performs above and beyond the call of duty at all times." --- Angeal Hewley, CCFFVII
Lawyer • Gamer • Lover • Father
pantellica
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

darkpaladin wrote:
pantellica wrote:agree ako sayo, sobrang tagal na ng ff7 pero may mga tao pa din na yun ang hinahanap, ilang beses ko na nilaro at tinapos ang ff7 at palaging maganda at masarap uliten pero hinde ko sya hinahanap sa mga next ff series.
most probably yung mga naghahanap nun eh siguro yun yung una nilang Final Fantasy o kaya di pa nila nalaro lahat ng Final Fantasies. IMO mas maganda pa ang VI kesa dun.

Anyways lalaruin ko pa rin ito. Ok naman sakin si Lightning. Di ko lang feel na babae siya.
ilang beses ko na nabasa dito na mas maganda daw ang ff VI kesa sa ff7, parang gusto ko tuloy malaro yan, i think sa super nes yata yan o family computer pa eh, first final fantasy game ko din naman ang ff7 pero hinde ako na stuck dun, masyado ng luma, compare sa ffx pataas gang sa 13, palage kaseng may mali sa bawat ff series eh, may korning character, mejo magulong story, mali sa gameplay o minsan battle system, pero syempre no game is perfect sa dame ba naman ng maglalaro eh, basta for me nagandahan ko ang ff13 mula pa nung una, yung final fantasy 8 diko natapos diko type hehe. pinakapanget lang talaga for me yung ff x-2 puro kembot lang kase yun. saka ff fan ako lage kase ito lang nilaro ko rpg saka xenogears hehe