The Last of Us SPOILER Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Mandac8
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Mandac_08

My Expectations of the Ending is Wrong.Thought That Joel Will Die, As a Big Sacrifice for the Life of Ellie. :sweat:
"Riding is my LIFE.
Anything that happens
before or after is
just Waiting."
greenseven
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: GreenSeven-7

Nagustuhan niyo ba yung ending? Yung sa audio recorders akala ko si ellie yung tinutukoy nila marlene xD
PSN: GreenSeven-7R1
PSN: xGreenSevenR3
PSN: RICKGRlMESR1
Currently Playing
>PS3: Dark Souls
>PS4: Battlefield 4, NBA 2k14
>3DS: Pokemon X

RP
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Alendri_09

^si ellie naman talaga sir ah? :sweat:
CPA. Gamer.

VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: VsAssassin

greenseven wrote:Nagustuhan niyo ba yung ending? Yung sa audio recorders akala ko si ellie yung tinutukoy nila marlene xD
Si Ellie talaga; however, you can believe Joel's excuse to Ellie in their last conversation as your interpretation of the whole thing. Joel may have been selfish, pero I think it was for the best because Ellie wasn't made aware of her sacrificing her life for the cure.
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

aceshot
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: acesyot

And napansin ko,since nung naglabasan ang mga trailers,the way nila ginawa,parang they tried to mislead the viewers,like this one trailer ang endshot having ellie pointing a gun at joel,akala ko nga eh papatayin nya si joel.Just like the ending,everybody thought it will be like this and that,but they take the risk and they tried to be unique about it.
PSN ID = acesyot
Sometimes we do stupid things just to survive..and it ain't pretty
-John Marston
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Very long read. You've been warned :lol:

This is in direct reply to Bisugz about the ending of The last of us being a happy ending, hindi ako pwede mag discuss in detail because of spoilers dun sa main thread. But I would have to disagree, it's not necessarily happy or sad, i think it was ambiguous and open to interpretation.

First, it can be interpreted as a happy ending because Joel saves Ellie, and one can say that they head to Tommy's and Joel gets a second chance at having a daughter. That's looking at the ending at face value only, and if you accept it as that, then sure I can see why one would think it's a happy ending.

Digging deeper, here's why it's not so much of a happy ending.
1. Ellie knows that Joel lies to her. She has doubts, she knows it. The way she says 'okay', when Joel said he was telling the truth should tell you that Ellie knows that Joel lied to her. One can look at this as their relationship taking a wrong turn, in fact, after the whole david sequence, Ellie hasn't been quite the same. And that was unsettling to me, the entire game, post-David, Ellie wasn't herself and something in me felt off, or felt sad that Ellie had to endure that. Ellie accepts Joel's lie, but we don't know what the repercussions are.

2. Joel might have lost man's only hope at creating a cure. This is big picture stuff. If you think about it, Joel might have screwed mankind for his own selfish reasons (I won't debate whether Joel was right or wrong in doing what he did, there are good arguments for both, but ultimately one can't ignore the fact that the Fireflies were trying to find a cure). I think both Marlene and Joel were wrong in their own way. And there's that ambiguity in there again, in this world, no one is innocent anymore. Joel is as much a monster as some of the fireflies are, the hunters are the extreme based on the story. But in my opinion, you start the game with Joel as the protagonist, only to find out that he's kind of a villain too (anti-hero would be a better word I guess).

For me, the ending was perfect. It hit me so hard because it was unsettling, nakakabitin, but on purpose. Makes you think, makes you debate, and it is consistent with the theme of the game and of course consistent with the tone the game has set. I think if Joel died to sacrifice himself for Ellie, then it would have been cliche. If Ellie died to save mankind then it would have been cliche. They did something different with this common situation we find in this genre, and made it work.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

aceshot wrote:And napansin ko,since nung naglabasan ang mga trailers,the way nila ginawa,parang they tried to mislead the viewers,like this one trailer ang endshot having ellie pointing a gun at joel,akala ko nga eh papatayin nya si joel.Just like the ending,everybody thought it will be like this and that,but they take the risk and they tried to be unique about it.
Good point, when I watched grounded Neil Druckmann told the story as to how they misled the media,saying outright that 'no, you don't get to play as Ellie'. Para magulat ka once nagamit mo si Ellie, and to me that was genius. I did not know whether joel had died or not. Seriously, I thought when Winter came, Joel had already died and we would use Ellie the rest of the game. it was really well executed (i had a feeling Joel was alive, but the way Joel fell of the horse, everything went black then we were using Ellie -- it still made me question, and more so than any game I've every played)
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

If ever mamatay sila sa ending siguro maiinis ata ako. I went through all that sh!t just to get killed hahaha
luca_blight
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: lang_kazan

Well from the game it's just a vaccine not a cure that would have been created. I also think that the Fireflies will just be using it as a leverage against the government. It would have started a war and more people would have died and Ellie's death would have been in vain. Fireflies will just be using the vaccine on themselves to be immune from the spores.
-Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end.. if not in the way we always expect

-Just close your eyes...

PS3 Slim Asian (October 27, 2009)

Sino ang pinakamagandang cosplayer?

PSN id:lang_kazan
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

One of the best endings in a game para sa akin for one reason...given that situation, I would have done the same thing. Lalo na dahil alam ko na minsan na namatayan si Joel ng anak and hindi na niya gusto pa maulit sa kanya yun. Kung sa akin man mangyari yun, I'd do what Joel did. Every single one...from killing Marlene to make sure she doesn't come after us and up to having to tell a lie to Ellie.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

this is one of those games na hindi deserving na magkaron ng cheap main character deaths. yung character development na prinesent nila shouldnt be wasted on a shallow, predictable, blockbuster-type ending. walang maitutulong sa narrative yung ganun. feeling ko madaming magagalit pag pinatay lang nila si Joel or si Ellie.

maganda din sa ending na to is naquestion yung morality nung mga gamers, kasi sa umpisa hindi mo talaga alam pano magrereact dun sa nangyare eh. after a while pa after you've pondered and considered everything that's happened saka mo marerealize kung gano katalino yung direction na dinaanan ng Naugthy Dog. props to them, amazing work. :win:
CPA. Gamer.

VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Maiba ako: This game made me say, "Wag kayong mamamatay dalawa ha! Pag namatay kayo, papatayin ko kayo!" Something you normally say about a very gripping and emotional movie. That right there is an indication that the game successfully delivers the emotions it wanted to convey to players! Galing talaga ng ND!
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

superawts
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Acornnman

Joel and Ellie = this years Caius and Yeul. Very similar relationship.
Hi.
PototoyPwets
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yung tinawag ni joel si tommy na baby brother naalala ko bigla si merle at daryl dixon ng walking dead.. :lol: :sweat:
US PSN ID: pototoypwets
EU PSN ID: Pototoyski_uae
"Your best Final Fantasy is the one you played first"
greenseven
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: GreenSeven-7

inception like ending lol i really love this game ako nabusit ako ng konti kasi nga parang pwedeng maging cure pero nung naisip ko sa pinagdaanan ni joel and ellie and kung paano nadevelop yung bond ng both character i will do every single thing joel did. kahit na matapos ko pa yung buong fireflies in saving ellie..
PSN: GreenSeven-7R1
PSN: xGreenSevenR3
PSN: RICKGRlMESR1
Currently Playing
>PS3: Dark Souls
>PS4: Battlefield 4, NBA 2k14
>3DS: Pokemon X

RP
PototoyPwets
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Niligtas ni ellie si joel nung muntik na sya mamatay.. kaya dapat lang na iligtas nya si ellie sa kamatayan din.. hehe..
US PSN ID: pototoypwets
EU PSN ID: Pototoyski_uae
"Your best Final Fantasy is the one you played first"
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Grabe Survivor mode. Ang konti masyado ng mga craft items. Sana rin pag higher difficulty, yung mga dating empty rooms meron ng scavengeable items para talagang ulitin mo ang pag-ro-roam. Pansin ko kasi pag kabisado mo na ang isang area na wala talagang items na makukuha dun, hindi mo na lilibutin, lalo na pag maraming kalaban.

joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

The ending wasnt what I expected...
I was hoping for a cure. Well I guess that would come on the sequel already...
Tapos prequel to show how this mess all got started. :bigmouth:

Ganda ng story presentation :win:

I played this on easy without scavenging for items and it still took me 20hrs to complete :ashamed:

That last boss fight with the 2 clickers throwing spores took me more than 10 tries to figure it out.

Same with the winter boss fight. :sweat: :lol:
konohateam7
Ace Combat
Ace Combat
PSN ID: (HK) konohateam7

The Last of Us Discussion by Different Gaming Sites

*Updated*

IGN

Gamespot

Rev3Games
Part 1

Part 2