Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS4)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
worthless08
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: rjlai08

Hi Fellow Gamers,

I have a couple of questions regarding the game. I want the PS4 Version of FFXIV ARR. My PS4 is Asian Version so does my PSN (HK kasi TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION nasa billing address sa PStore). Here are my questions.

1. I don't have a Square Enix Account. I don't know how to proceed kasi it's asking me a country e wala nman TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION Hongkong at saka Philippines. Does it matter if I choose either NA or EU?

2. After the 30 day trial, how do I pay monthly subscription?

3. Yung ibebentang PS4 CD nila para sa larong ito, may specific region ba na needed para compatible siya to both your SE account and PSN account?

I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you.
zmed_08
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: zmed_08

worthless08 wrote:Hi Fellow Gamers,

I have a couple of questions regarding the game. I want the PS4 Version of FFXIV ARR. My PS4 is Asian Version so does my PSN (HK kasi TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION nasa billing address sa PStore). Here are my questions.

1. I don't have a Square Enix Account. I don't know how to proceed kasi it's asking me a country e wala nman TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION Hongkong at saka Philippines. Does it matter if I choose either NA or EU?

2. After the 30 day trial, how do I pay monthly subscription?

3. Yung ibebentang PS4 CD nila para sa larong ito, may specific region ba na needed para compatible siya to both your SE account and PSN account?

I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you.
1.) It will matter on how you would want be charged (if you're gonna use a credit card) Would you to billed in dollars or euros/pounds? But in the end you pretty much get billed the same thing. I suggest just using a NA address only because a lot of people here use that one.

2.) You can use a credit card (I don't think credit cards with a billing address Philippines work)
You can use a credit card to buy crysta (square-enix website currency) to be used on a subscription
You can use PayPal
You can use game cards

3.) Sorry, I'm not too sure here. My best bet is that it has to match your PSN account (not your console)
With volume at 10, reality is but a distant memory...

TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Your address has to match the region of the game you bought. For example, if you bought an R1(US) game, then you need to register with a US address. Same thing with EU. If your game is EU, then you will need to use a European address.

All copies of the game come with a CD key, which you will use when making your account.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Any recommendations from the vets for those who will play this for the first time in PS4 (assuming that I will buy one in the foreseeable future)? Particularly on the internet set-up to enjoy the playthrough at its fullest?
PSN ID: raito_yagami20 (Add me up!)
Pokemon X FC: 3024-5868-4191
Steel Type: Magneton, Klang, Klefki
jmsv
Silverload
Silverload

Tanong ko lang mga sir if playable ba satin to? I mean kaya ba ng internet natin?

LAKERS SUCKS!

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Never Take
zmed_08
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^why not?! A lot of people are playing it in the Philippines and they still seem to be able to play though choose your server well. Try to test out the ping to the NA and JP servers to see which is better for you.
With volume at 10, reality is but a distant memory...

TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

@L_kira and jmsv I can play the game pretty well with a 2Mbps connection. Wha't more important is latency, so pick a server closer to your location. If you llive in the Philippines then pick a Japan server since it's closer. I recommend Tonberry since a lot of pinoys and english speaking people play there.
reiko
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: vx316_

Guys question lang, besides from using a credit card are there other ways to renew my subscription? If using a credit card naman pede ba yung galing pinas? Salamat sa sasagot...
Gamertag: reiKo X3
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (IGN: Aleister Black Server: Tonberry)
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Galing pinas iyung credit card na gamit ko. Via paypal ako nagbabayad.

Pwede ka rin bumili ng mga game time cards, meron sa DataBlitz / GameOne
reiko
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nakita ko pede gumamit ng ultimate game card has anyone tried it? kasi plano ko yun na lang gagawin ko eh... eh yun mga game time cards sa db/gameone pang pc lang sila meron eh...
Gamertag: reiKo X3
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (IGN: Aleister Black Server: Tonberry)
luiz_ass
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: luiz_ass

Guys, need help! Saan ako makakabili ng region 3 pr yung pwd sa singapore account ko na psn. Region 1 lang kasi yung sa datablitz and sabi nila hnd ko daw magagamit yun sa sing account ko. Thank you!!!
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^You can probably try downloading the R3 digital version
luiz_ass
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

There is a R3 digital version? how do i download that? I was losing hope already, saw a post somewhere that they will only be releasing NA/EU versions of the game and i don't want to buy another playstation plus just to play this. kakabili ko lang kasi ng PSplus for my sing account.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hmm...

My bad, mukhang wala nga tong R3. Maybe the other members here can confirm if it's possible to play on an R3 account.

Kung sakali naman, the game doesn't require PS Plus to play, so you should be ok with making a new US account and playing there.
luiz_ass
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Seryoso ba toh? im getting confused na. Sabi sakin nung tiga datablitz. you need a PS+ daw.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

DataBlitz says a lot of things so they won't get blamed / sued and not they're not always true. Either that or the salesperson simply assumed FF14 would require PSPlus. Don't believe everything they say and do your own research as well.

http://n4g.com/news/1412357/final-fanta ... us-to-play
During The Letter from the Producer Live broadcast going on right now Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced something that will please many.
Square Enix managed to strike a deal with Sony so that the PS4 version of the game will not require a PlayStation Plus subscription.
luiz_ass
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Yup, i just saw that post when you said that it won't require a PS+. Nice! i can now buy the game without having to worry if i can play the game. Thank you! One last thing, saw a couple of posts saying that tonberry is already full and not accepting any new players, is it still true?
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

There are times when the server opens up, allowing new players to come in, so timingan mo na lang.
luiz_ass
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Alright, thank you TurnBased! This helped alot.
luiz_ass
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Pahabol lang sir, i remember making another account having an address in Canada, thats for my gametime app. Will a NA region work with that psn account?