Resident Evil 6

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Essej_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Essej_

a13 wrote:may RE: Revelations sa 3DS this february tapos rumored na november release tong RE6. based sa initial impressions sa RE: Revelations sa 3DS, bumalik sila sa survival horror roots ng earlier RE games, pero tong RE6 parang refined version ng action-oriented na RE5 based sa mga pinakita sa trailer.
confirmed na ang release date. November 20, 2012. :2thumbs:
PSN: Essej_
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: VsAssassin

^Capcom mentioned that this is the most ambitious Resident Evil yet. I just hope this ambitiousness leads us to multiple character perspective of the game, meaning we get to control or choose (which is better) different characters, and experience different locales and set-pieces. If this were to be the case, then Capcom can deliver different types of immersion. These should/could include: old-school and tense horror, more action-oriented sequences, survival and secluded places.

I hope this game reinvigorates my love for zombie games once again!
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

PSN ID: VsAssassin
Essej_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

well baesd on the trailer, Leon's section looks more survival esque. While Chris's section looks more action oriented.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...IMBA kinikilabutan ako habang pinapanood yung video. GOTY 2012!! :bigmouth:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

^
ummm, we'll see about that :sweat:
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...balik old school RE for the win with cover system ala uncharted hehehe. :win:
Currently Playing:
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Tibarn wrote:...balik old school RE for the win with cover system ala uncharted hehehe. :win:
oo nga eh, ala Uncharted me cover system, action oriented..
sana andito yung pag- scariness ng re, just like old school :agree:
Gwendolyne
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer
PSN ID: puckaprince

So much for the 8 year gap. haha! :bigmouth: Sana wala ng lalabas na gold edition or other "improved" edition ito! nakakainis lang! :banghead:
jczialcita
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: VolnuttMan

Ganda ng trailer! :D Im guessing yung part ni Leon yung old-school horror talaga dahil sa mga zombies tapos yung kay Chris yung coop sections :D Sweet! Blending ng old school at new school gameplay. Can't wait :'D
PSN ID: Klax-Volnutt

Currently Playing : Max Payne 3

Click here to join our Max Payne 3 CREW :http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/pinoyps
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...sana nga balik old school ulit, na iba yung mga lugar kahit hindi lahat pag si leon ang lalaruin mo tapos iba rin kay chris at iba din yung sa bagong mga characters. balik lumang RE talaga. :2thumbs:
Currently Playing:
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

Baka may link dito yung "Revelations" and "Operation Racoon City" sa Resident Evil. Might as well play it to fill in the blank bago dumating ang RE 6
knox
Ace Combat
Ace Combat
PSN ID: knox890

3 RE this year!

Revelations
Operation Raccoon City
and then 6

niice!
This is a signature.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

2 lang saken, wala kong 3ds eh :sweat:
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

z3kEn wrote:2 lang saken, wala kong 3ds eh :sweat:
...ma port sana sa psvita yan. :pray:
Currently Playing:
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Tibarn wrote:
z3kEn wrote:2 lang saken, wala kong 3ds eh :sweat:
...ma port sana sa psvita yan. :pray:
sana :pray: :pray: :agree:
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...si ashley ba ng RE4 yung blondie? magkikita kita kaya silang lahat sa isang part ng game? kasi sa video si leon nasa US, si chris nasa china, tapos parang iba din yung lugar nung bagong character na kamukha ni wesker yun nga lang kalbo hehehe.
Currently Playing:
z3kEn
Momento Mori

^
yup blonde siya..
magkita-kita sana para happy ending :sweat: :lol:
z3kEn
Momento Mori

teka, nasaan naman kaya si Claire Redfield ko.. na mimiss ko na siya :grin:
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Fed_05

EGM's First Look Preview: Resident Evil 6
In the opening of the trailer for Resident Evil 6, we see veteran zombie hunter Leon S. Kennedy forced to do something quite surprising: Kill the now-zombified president.

Right away, we get the idea that Capcom is looking to really up the stakes this time around. Announced just a few hours ago, Resident Evil 6 will be hitting the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 20th of this year, with a PC version then coming later. In comparison to previous chapters of the series, RE6 seems hugely ambitious, and could end up easily being the biggest shake-up the series has yet seen.

“From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror,” Resident Evil 6 Executive Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi said about this new chapter of the Resident Evil franchise in today’s announcement. “We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers.”

The trailer gives us a look at what seems to be a number of familiar main characters—and through that, a potential variety of gameplay styles. For Leon (and his new female friend), it looks like we’re getting a more traditional RE-type atmosphere. For Chris, potentially more of a military-style action shooter on the streets of what looks to be Hong Kong. And finally, we have a yet-unnamed male who some are speculating to be Alex Wesker, the child of a DNA research project who was named after the project’s head, eternal RE villain Albert Wesker. Whoever this man is, he seems to be a bio-weapons dealer of sorts, and is accompanied by a blonde-haired female who may—or may not—be RE4 heroine Ashley Graham. (No confirmation that it is her, but it sure sounds like her voice.)

Will Resident Evil 6 present to its players three different concepts in gameplay, each presented through those characters? Or will gameplay stay consistent across the entire storyline, with each character simply giving players a change in scenery and opposition?

One things is evident: Capcom is placing a bigger reliance on action this time around. Resident Evil 6 may not play like we’re used to Resident Evil games playing, but that might not be a bad thing. As much I have enjoyed later RE titles, third-person action (and action shooter) games have evolved—and I’d be happy to see this series evolve as well.

We get hints of that throughout the trailer. Chris dives behind cover; Leon slides along the ground, and then turns to fire back behind him. It wasn’t lone ago when Resident Evil protagonists couldn’t move and shoot at the same time—that era looks to be long gone. Even without guns, the game also seems to offer far more depth in terms of melee and hand-to-hand combat options. Also—is that a tank being driven in one part? Will vehicles play a bigger role in the game?

“Resident Evil 6 represents a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series,” Capcom head of R&D and Global Marketing Katsuhiko Ichii said as part of this announcement. “The development team, led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, is working tirelessly to deliver the most impressive Resident Evil title ever both in terms of scope and production values. We are all genuinely excited by the title and cannot wait to share it with the world.”

The question now is this: Is this where the Resident Evil series needs to go? Can it retain its original feel and charm while embracing Western-style third-person shooter mechanics and faster-paced action, or will the spirit of the series be lost in the process?

As much as I loved—and still love—the original Resident Evil, I’m not sure that type of game is what I want to go back to anymore. Sure, I’d love deeper, more involved gameplay, logically-integrated puzzles, and a return to the “survival” aspects of survival horror. At the same time, I’ll be honest—what I see in this trailer has me very excited for what we’re going to be getting.

Maybe it isn’t a return to the “classic” RE that some fans are wanting—but maybe that’s not such a bad thing.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/fir ... nt-evil-6/

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
PSN ID: Fed_05
Essej_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

a very good analysis of the trailer.