What Location Should Filipinos Register Under PSN?

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
Diablo_Clone
PlayStation
PlayStation

After being a long time PC gamer, I finally went and bought a PS3 and I'm really enjoying it!

I'm just wondering about PSN accounts. I tried registering one the other day, but found that the Philippines wasn't in the list of supported countries. I went online and found a lot of other Filipinos confused about what country they should register under. Seeing as most of you have PSN accounts, I was wondering if it's more advisable to register under a nearby Asian country (Hong Kong?) or register under US (my parents have a house in the states).

But do NTSC J games work with a US account? Will I need an American credit card to buy stuff from PSN?

And one rumor that really scared me is that the account might be banned if your IP address doesn't match your registered location.

Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...although wrong section yung thread mo sagutin ko narin. Ako kasi meron akong R1, R2, R3 na games, kaya gumawa ako ng 3 account para pwede ko lahat ma check mga PSN nila. Pero kahit pang US lang na location/account gawin mo oks na. :agree:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
blitz5000
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: MifuneGo

well the ip ban is not true since i have been using a us psn account for almost 2 years now..i think its better to get a us psn account since us psn cards are more accessible now.. You don't have to use a credit card if you don't live there but i guess you have a house there..you can use it and the bills will just go your house in the states.

i don't understand about the NTSC J games..are you talking about NTSC J cds/dvds or psn downloaded games... well if its cds or dvds then it's up to your ps3.. because ps1 and ps2 games are region protected so if your ps3 is a US one then there's a possibility that those games won't work but if yours is a Japanese or Asian one then it can most certainly play NTSC J games.. :smiley:
note: bluray games have no region protection

if you're talking about NTSC J psn downloaded games..then i think you can play them in any ps3.. :smiley:
hope that helps
PSN: MifuneGo
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces, Uncharted 3
Currently Waiting: Darksiders II, Borderlands 2
Oblivium sempiternum daemonis
Anamanaguchi!
LOZER
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: j0elozer

Tibarn wrote:...although wrong section yung thread mo sagutin ko narin. Ako kasi meron akong R1, R2, R3 na games, kaya gumawa ako ng 3 account para pwede ko lahat ma check mga PSN nila. Pero kahit pang US lang na location/account gawin mo oks na. :agree:
same here. i made 3 psn accounts 1 in euro 1 in us and 1 in asia.
better kapag ganun kasi some games have dlc's that can only be downloaded in selected regions. :agree:
why are you reading this?
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

Kailan ba yun reported rumor na mag-include tayo sa PSN? :angel:
Diablo_Clone
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hey, thanks for the info everyone! I really appreciate it. I'll try and make an account soon. :)