PS2: Online Gaming (Final Fantasy XI, etc.)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

I've heard there's a PC and PS2 version of this. I've also heard you need a credit card to play this game. My question is, can I play this game here in the Philippines? I also saw in the Datablitz website that they are selling the complete pack with all the expansions, my other question is, can I trust Datablitz that when I buy the game, I'll have an authentic PlayOnline ID and registration code? Thanks to those that gave time to reply. :smiley:
Currently playing: FFXIV ARR - Vardus Udanan (Durandal)
US PSN ID - manong_juan
HK PSN ID - TheBlindPolymath
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

naujtc wrote:I've heard there's a PC and PS2 version of this. I've also heard you need a credit card to play this game. My question is, can I play this game here in the Philippines? I also saw in the Datablitz website that they are selling the complete pack with all the expansions, my other question is, can I trust Datablitz that when I buy the game, I'll have an authentic PlayOnline ID and registration code? Thanks to those that gave time to reply. :smiley:
Baka you are referring to FF:XI kasi MMORPG siya. I don't know if you have to pay to play maybe this link can help....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Xanshi on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

oops sorry sa sobrang letter I. hehe :blush: Yeah, I'm talking about FFXI the MMO hehehe
US PSN ID - manong_juan
agent_rhy
Ace Detective
PSN ID: agent_rhy

I've edited the thread title into FFXI.

Kung open pa yung server nung game, makakapag-laro ka online. Dapat walang modchip yung console mo. About creadit card, dunno. Alam ko free ang mga OL gaming ng PS2 parang PS3.
PSN IDs: agent_rhy (US) | agentRhy007 (AS HK)
3DS FC: 0662-7541-5381
NSW: SW-5464-8012-7431
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ May monthly payment itong FFXI pafs di tulad ng ibang online PS2 games. Di ko lang matandaan kung pano ang bayad.
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

agent_rhy wrote:I've edited the thread title into FFXI.

Kung open pa yung server nung game, makakapag-laro ka online. Dapat walang modchip yung console mo. About creadit card, dunno. Alam ko free ang mga OL gaming ng PS2 parang PS3.
Sir, what do you mean by modchip? :smiley:
US PSN ID - manong_juan
squall_leonhart
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jcmarcy_15

^^ means hindi po modded (or "modified"??) yung ps2 mo, also means na hindi ka dapat makakapagLaro ng P*R*T*D games :D
PSN ID: jcmarcy_15
Platinum Count: 21

Currently Playing: MGSV The Phantom Pain
agent_rhy
Ace Detective

squall_leonhart wrote:^^ means hindi po modded (or "modified"??) yung ps2 mo, also means na hindi ka dapat makakapagLaro ng P*R*T*D games :D
Correct. Since hindi modified, malalaro mo lang ay yung kaparehong region ng PS2 console mo.

Meaning, JAP PS2 = JAP games, US PS2 = US games, etc.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

$12 a month
:bigmouth:
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

I believe that Datablitz has this game. I checked their side and they say they have it. I just don't know if they sell authentic copies. Do they? Never been to Datablitz eh. :smiley:
US PSN ID - manong_juan
agent_rhy
Ace Detective

I think genuine naman lahat ng games sa Datablitz.
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Has anyone here bought game titles from Datablitz? Do their cds come in boxes? :D Because I believe that if I buy the FFXI cd from them, it should come in a box with a manual coz that's how I'm gonna be able to create my own FFXI account.
US PSN ID - manong_juan
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

naujtc wrote:Has anyone here bought game titles from Datablitz? Do their cds come in boxes? :D Because I believe that if I buy the FFXI cd from them, it should come in a box with a manual coz that's how I'm gonna be able to create my own FFXI account.
Legitimate sila nagbebenta ng original copies of the game/software, ang problema lang sa Datablitz is that overpriced sila magbenta ng games. At wala naman sila masyado competitors on a Nationwide scale kaya they are able to do that.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

naujtc wrote:Has anyone here bought game titles from Datablitz? Do their cds come in boxes? :D Because I believe that if I buy the FFXI cd from them, it should come in a box with a manual coz that's how I'm gonna be able to create my own FFXI account.
I think you're asking for the FFXI HDD pack. I doubt they have it. What I know that they do have are the FFXI expansions. As for the PC or Xbox 360 versions, sorry. I have no idea.

Here's the FFXI HDD pack.

:bigmouth:
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

:o How overpriced?!
US PSN ID - manong_juan
Sandorian_Elf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Prev

hi, on what platform do u intend to play the game?
1. for ps2, you need a U.S version PS2, the old model which is thick, a U.S. ver network adaptor and a US ver Hard Disk Drive, the original game disk ( playonline and FFXI game disk) plus the expansions if you want to play it with the current game version, a DSL internet connection . plus a valid Credit Card for the monthly payment.
2, for PS3, a U S ver PS3 ( the game requires a 10 GB space), the game disc/s for installation, a downlaoad patch from sonyonline in order to play the game on PS3( this patch will automaticaaly create a 10 GB space partition for the game) , credit card and DSL internet connection.
3. PC ver, the game disk, dsl connection and credit card.
4.XBOX 360 ver. a US ver console (minimum 20 GB) , the game disc/s, credit card and DSL internet.
for more info about the game, you can log at http://www.playonline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pipoy
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: ferdz_9999

Sandorian_Elf wrote:hi, on what platform do u intend to play the game?
2, for PS3, a U S ver PS3 ( the game requires a 10 GB space), the game disc/s for installation, a downlaoad patch from sonyonline in order to play the game on PS3( this patch will automaticaaly create a 10 GB space partition for the game) , credit card and DSL internet connection.
Ay di pala pwede Asian PS3?
<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/_ \_ CycloneJoker
Now, let me count up your crimes

_/_ \_ Solid EB Attendee
No excuses, feel guilt-free

_/_ \_ Feeling importante
We don't need you here, get out
Sandorian_Elf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

If PS3 asian version can run US ver PS2 games, TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pede. Pero, sa pag kakaalam ko po eh, PS3 games ang alang region lock. U.S. ver PS2 game po ang FFXI kaya dapat eh PS3 console na pede ang US ver PS2 game.
naujtc
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Well, I intend to play it on the PS2 and on a PC (2 different houses). Thing is, I would like to test if we can connect to their servers. I have tried contacting support of playonline and they said that "in theory, yes. But since the Philippines is a non PAL region, we can't offer any support." Meaning, I can try and purchase the game for god knows how overpriced then try and see if I can connect. If I can, well, good. If I can't, that's money down the drain. There's also 14 day trial that is said to be available for the PC though. Tried downloading it but seems like our region is blocked because it says it's only available in North America and selected PAL regions.
US PSN ID - manong_juan
Sandorian_Elf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

@ naujtc
yes sir, you can connect to its server whether you play a US ver, a JAP ver or EURO ver , wheteher PC, PS2, PS3, or Xbox 360 since all its servers are in Japan.
tried and tested na sir ang connection and its here in Pinas.