Haze

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

wow check out this Haze forum thread

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 39546/p/17

4 days ! That’s what separates some of you from the moment you’ll have your hands on HAZE!

For some of you, we are D-7 before HAZE hit the shelves but I have no doubt you are all as excited about playing it as we are about delivering the game to you!

We are extremely delighted to share with you some of the first scores we got from reviews. While I won’t go through details, we are thrilled with the excellent 34/40 (9 / 8 / 9 / 8) by Famitsu Clap and I could also mention other great results HAZE got, such as a 9/10 on the Playstation Magazine in Italy!

OK, to the game... Today as many of you continued to ask for details, I wanted to do an insight on the Multiplayer statistics system. First what you guys might want to know is that HAZE multiplayer games use different scoring systems depending on the multiplayer mode chosen. In Deathmatch for instance, merits are awarded to a player for each opponent they slay, and deducted for committing suicide. At the end of the game, the player with the most merits wins. Likewise, in Team Deathmatch, merits are awarded to a player for each opponent they slay from the opposing team and deducted from a player for killing members of their own team or committing suicide. At the end of the game, the team that has the most merits combined wins. Concerning Team Assault, games are won and lost based on the completion (or prevention of completion) of objectives. However, merits are awarded for a variety of actions and can be used to help determine the relative usefulness of players.
At the end of each game, you will be able to cycle between the score screen, trooper and rebel merit screens, a stats screen and an awards screen. There are several different awards that are distributed based on playing styles, and not all of them are desirable!
If you are interested in knowing what the merit awards are, I suggest you give the images and descriptions below a look Wink

Rebel only merit awards:
1. Causing an overdose
2. Causing a multi-overdose
3. Indirect kill (via an overdose)
4. Successfully playing dead
5. Weapon steals
6. Booby trap kills

[Click to enlarge]

Trooper only merit awards:
1. Melee blast kills
2. Surviving overdose
3. Kills whilst dosed
4. Kills whilst overdosed
5. Perfect nectar dose
6. Destroying booby traps

General merit awards:
7. Completing a primary objective
8. Completing a secondary objective
9. Enemy kills
10. Assist kills (causing significant damage without landing the killing blow)
11. Total merit score

Now I hope you have a clearer view of what you can expect regarding Multiplayer stats and I hope that it will help you enjoy the 16-players mode even more!
To finish, an update would not be a proper one without our traditional Q/A so I brought some answers from devs Smile

See you next week!

’Wuzzi

Will Haze have a mandatory install?
[DL] You will need to go through a minimal install (about 4 Gigs) but not the whole game.

Is friendly fire ALWAYS enabled for both sides?
[DL] Yup. Overdosing a trooper wouldn't be much used if he couldn't shoot his friends! The moral of the story is: watch your fire!

How many maps are going to be on the online gaming ?
[DL] In addition to the whole campaign playable in coop, you mean? Well, we have 12 levels which are made of two variants each of six locations.

Will there be a mapmaker and an option to put these maps online, like in Timesplitters?
[DL] We could add it in but we'd have to delay the game for another year or so - any takers?

Will there be vehicles online?
[DL] Yes! All of them!

Will the vehicles be Sixaxis motion controlled? What are vehicles controls?
[DL] Vehicles are controlled using standard pad controls; point the stick in the direction you want and push the R2 button to go!

When driving a vehicle, will there be an option to view from in the car?
[DL] Not unless you have a PS3 in your own car.

Any secondary functions for the guns?
[DL] You mean in addition to being able to scavenge, weapon steal, lay mines, roll grenades along the floor, melee kick or create nectar grenades and nectar knives? In that case, no Smile
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

actually you can check out this excellent FAQ
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 8031076726

for example:

# Multiplayer Details

# Some of the multiplayer maps include: Cave, POW, Swamp, Shanty Town and Mantel Landcarrier.

# Each map is available in small and large versions.

# ALL soldier abilities appear in both campaign and multiplayer modes.

# Insignia/icons appear in co-op/multiplayer - these are pre-rendered icons with a background and foreground image, both of which can be altered in design and colour to represent each player and aid recognition.

# It's unclear at present if or how trooper/rebel classes will appear in multiplayer.

# Haze multiplayer features extensive stat-tracking, covering virtually everything players do in a round.

# These then translate into Awards at the end of matches.

# Headset support is included. (Open mic).

# Explicit clan support is not included.

# Party play is supported.

# There is no character customisation.

# Online play will have a server lobby for game searches.

# Private matches are supported, or set up a match with as many private slots as you like. Players can also be kicked if desired.

# Online play will be provided via dedicated servers.

# The game supports in-game messaging, and access to an in-game Friends List.

# The Friends list is the same as that seen on the XMB, while the in-game friends list shows who is online in Haze specifically.

# A full-screen level map is available in-game, (via the select button), for at least the PH rebels and probably both sides, indicating the positions of your team-mates.

# Bot AI is adjustable over four difficulty levels.

# Respawn time is also adjustable, as are many other variables in multiplayer matches.

# The game features online leaderboard(s).

and yes i'm going to buy this na ^_^ checkout the vehicles in the FAQ ^_^ ganda!!
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: BadGuy001

9/10 from Playstation Magazine Italy... are there any other reviews of this game (except the one by Famitsu)?
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ah crap... A Swedish game mag gave this game a 6/10. I'm not sure anymore if Haze will be as good as I hoped it would be.

http://www.gamereactor.se/recensioner/13866/Haze/
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

well the same Swedish site daw gave Resistance 6/10 too @_@ yeah Resistance sucks
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

dedicated server ba ito?

wwwaaa my friendly fire? marami nanaman mang-ttrip na patayin ka ng kasama mo :? :? :?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yup dedicated servers, i think parang useless yung gameplay mechanics sa Nectar kung walang friendly fire (overdosing etc..), of course meron naman itong penalty etc...
dummydecoy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: dummydecoy

darkwing_uop wrote:yup dedicated servers, i think parang useless yung gameplay mechanics sa Nectar kung walang friendly fire (overdosing etc..), of course meron naman itong penalty etc...

Dapat penalty is 2 teammate kills = KICK. Pero sana walang ability yung server host to kick players gaya ng COD4. :D Usually kasi pag leading ka sa matches ikikick ka nung pikon na host server (good old Counterstrike days) hehe
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hmmm the FAQ says dedicated servers so unless a Haze mod doesn't like you hinde ka yata ma kick hehe
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

good, i might buy this game pero wait muna sa reviews

ayoko kona mag-COD4 e, naka-5th prestige na ako tapos na-suspend account ko ayaw kona umulit
mizyel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: ivad24

>Twenty-five years in the future.

>Governments have outsourced military operations to private multinational corporations.

>As Jake Carpenter, a newly enlisted soldier in the Mantel army, you are seeking fulfillment and thrills by fighting for a good cause.

>Thanks to their high-tech arsenal of vehicles, deadly weaponry, and performance enhancing bio-medical support, the Mantel Corporation's ruthlessly efficient soldiers are the most feared by terrorists, dictators, and the corporation's political enemies.

>Your conflict begins in a war-torn country in South America, where you have been sent to fight a vicious rebel faction, The Promise Hand.

>At first glance, all is well, but things quickly begin to look a little strange... State of the art multiplayer modes Fire up your console or PC for online battles on one of two carefully balanced sides.

>Choose from a variety of online modes including furious co-op action with your friends!
PS4 - NBA 2K17 - Rock Band 4
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

so which one will you be fighting for in the multiplayer? Promised Hand or a Mantel soldier? iron sights or advanced hi-tech stuff? hehe
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I have a feeling that this game is going to be a disappointment. But if by some chance that Haze does get a good score from many reviewers then expect to find me online fighting for the promised hand. I'm a sucker for sneaky sneaky tactics.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

playing dead is the ultimate sneaky, i doubt it, Free Radicals are a great game company, c'mon Timesplitters and Goldeneye
BadGuy001
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

But the Haze demo was kinda.... :cry:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

really? kinda enjoyed it, just jumping on the multiplayer was fun ^_^ bitin nga @_@
sabid202
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race

bukas na diba TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION release date ng haze.. hope its a good game.. :-?
Have a social life.. study first before pleasure... wahaha
:-)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

me too ^_^ tagal ko na kasi hinihintay :(
mizyel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: ivad24

haze not running on 720p... native resolution is 576p.. :shock:
Derek Littlewood, Creative Lead on the forthcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive Haze, has confirmed that long-awaited First Person Shooter (FPS) will not run in high definition.

Contrary to reports, the game will run in 1024×576 (576p) as opposed to 1024×720 (720p), leaving the PS3 to upscale.

“We prioritise a nice smooth framerate over a different res,” commented Littlewood.

“Personally, I don’t really buy the whole thing. People did the same with Call of Duty, they did the same with Halo, and they say with those games ‘It’s not running at true HD!’ And it’s like, ‘I don’t care’. If the game looks good and it runs smoothly, those are the important things to me.”
LOLz.. ngreklamo pa gusto daw smooth.. eh bat cod4 smooth naman and the graphics feels like 720p.. reasons nga naman :D

Free Radical should admit that the graphics is not as good as cod4.. :lol:

http://ps3.qj.net/Free-Radical-Haze-not ... aid/120273
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/19/mor ... s-at-576p/
http://www.psu.com/Littlewood-confirms- ... 698-p0.php
PS4 - NBA 2K17 - Rock Band 4
leeger
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: leeger1204

IGN REVIEW: 4.5/10 :?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/875/875229p1.html
Another dissapointing PS3 exclusive. wahahahaa :lol: :lol: