Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Closing Comments
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds is a tremendously fun golf game, one that should appease either casual or hardcore golf fans. It's an arcadey approach to the sport, for sure, but there's still a good deal of depth in the game that'll give veteran players plenty to work with. There could have been more courses, and the lack of voice support online is somewhat disappointing, but the overall package is a ton of fun and definitely worth picking up.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/858/858760p2.html

Another must have killer app for the Sony PlayStation 3. :D
hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kotaku Review
Loved
Advanced Shot System
: While the original metered swing system is still available, the Advanced Shot System is one of the most natural golf swing mechanics I've encountered. Judging your power seems like it would be a crap shoot without a meter, but somehow they've made it work.
Multiplayer Tournies: Mutliplayer tournaments for up to 50 players work very nicely, with each player taking on the hole simultaneously, returning to the scoreboard once they sink the ball, where they can comment on the losers struggling against the clock on swing 10 on a par 4. All it lacks is voice chat.
Online Game Lobbies: While waiting for an online tournament to begin you get to run your customizable avatar around several nifty online lobbies, complete with railings to slide down, seats to sit in, and other people to bother. You can even doublejump!
Graphics: The golfers look more like action figures than computer-generated models thanks to the power of the PS3. Courses are nicely detailed, with foliage swaying in the breeze almost making the wind indicator on the top right of the screen redundant.
Variable Difficulty: Players just wanting to smack the ball around can stick with an amateur character their whole career, but those wanting a deeper golfing experience can move on the the more advanced characters.

Hated
Unlocking Courses:
It takes forever to unlock new courses in the game, which is pretty standard for the series. By the time you unlock the third course you'll be completely sick of the first two.
Lack Of Character Customization: Character customization is limited to variations on the characters' standard costumes, with goofy dress-up items limited to your online lobby avatar. I miss the customization of Open Tee for the PSP.
Install Time: A console game should be playable within a minute of putting it into the machine. Having to wait 12 minutes for a game to install is a pain in the ass.
**********CERTIFIED**********
..:♥(,`*•.¸( `*•.¸¸.•*´ )¸.•*´,)♥:..
...:♥`•.*:+:,:=XBOT=:,:+:*.•´♥:....
..:♥(,¸.•*´( ¸.•*´`*•.¸ )`*•.¸',)♥:..
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jomni

This game is pretty popular.
May nag sabi the game has in-game XMB.
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

My blog and Used Games Store:
jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Selling original PS3, PS2, and PC games
More games for sale here!

Siren Zombie (しびと) Sightings
parokyano
LeBronista

Naadik pa naman ako dati sa PangYa. Mas type ko kasi yung pagiging cutesy nito compared sa mga simulations like ng Tiger Woods. And wow! 50 players online? :shock: :-)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

wow this game looks like fun ^_^ 50 players online? haha kawawa ka kung 50/50 ka :heh: i'm seriously thinking of buying this lols
parokyano
LeBronista

Hehe malamang marami pa ring quitter dito. Sa first hole pa lang pag di agad naka birdie man lang may magququit agad sa mga lokong yan. :lol:
jnlxandr
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: hersheyfan

Meron ako nung Jap version of HSG:OB, just sharing my thoughts as the US version looks to be largely the same. :)

Install time really is a b*tch - plus it's 3965 MB. D'oh. :-? On the plus side, whole damn game runs from HD kaya bawas laspag sa PS3 lens. :-)
Character models are truly impressive - really nice anime styling.
New swing model (Advanced Shot System) is OK, but for people who've played a lot of Hot Shots on the PS1/PS2 (like me) it's very very difficult to adjust.

One thing they don't mention in the reviews - the modeling for the golf courses is very realistic, and this helps make HSG5 a very relaxing game to play or even just watch. Lots of green!
Trophy Level 18, 33%
77 PS3 Blu-Ray games and counting!
NP:
PS3 - Wizardry, NBA 2K11, Alice: Madness Returns, Dead Nation, The Last Guy
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

ty sa review, how was the online??
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I fvcking hate mandatory installs.
:bigmouth:
parokyano
LeBronista

I think dahil first party game naman ito, mukhang lagless ang online nito. I mean, it should be!
leeger
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: leeger1204

natry ko demo nito hehehe nakakaaliw ang cute ng mga characters! :lol:
jnlxandr
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: hersheyfan

@ darkwing_uop: didn't try the online, the menus are in katakana so I just go with what I understand... Hot Shots Goodness. :-)

If you've ever enjoyed a previous version of HSG, pick the english of this up when it releases. Kwela yung local multiplayer, get a bunch of like minded guys (or girls) into a single game and this game gets really hilarious really quick, especially after a couple of Pale Pilsens(tm). Asaran sobra, andali pa mapickup kaya party game talaga. :D
Trophy Level 18, 33%
77 PS3 Blu-Ray games and counting!
NP:
PS3 - Wizardry, NBA 2K11, Alice: Madness Returns, Dead Nation, The Last Guy