MLB 08 The Show

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
leeger
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: leeger1204

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/mlb0 ... e=previews
Im not a fan of sport games but I recently downloaded the demo sa PSN and all I can say is this game is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! although hindi ko talaga nagets pano laruin kasi di naman ako marunong mag baseball but the graphics is just WOW and to think na demo pa lang siya!
Sa mga hindi pa nakakadownload ng demo ng game na to download nyo na sa Europe PSN lang siya available.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I also tried the demo. Napaka-realistic nito. Ang hirap ng itantsa ng pitch.
:bigmouth:
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: adams_song182

the best nga itong game na ito. i've been following this series since nawala yung pinakamagandang franchise na nagawa ng EA Sports which is MVP baseball. if you have played mlb 07 on the ps3, you won't actually see or even hear any differences. medyo pareho yung graphics and lalo na yung commentary. pero may mga iilan silang dinagdag for mlb 08 lalo na yung gameplay.

i will definitely say that this will be the game that i will be playing for the rest of the summer

ps. it does take a little practice to hit a 95+ mph fastball even if its down the middle.
sana yang album na hawak mo ay hindi pirata, mahirap ata mag-isip at magpuyat ng ilang araw at parang kang may karay-karay na buntong-hiningang hindi matuloy-tuloy
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

i liked this game. played the demo. don't know how the controls work but it's amazing. will definitely make a baseball fan out of me. :D
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
mizyel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: ivad24

leeger wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/mlb0 ... e=previews
Im not a fan of sport games but I recently downloaded the demo sa PSN and all I can say is this game is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! although hindi ko talaga nagets pano laruin kasi di naman ako marunong mag baseball but the graphics is just WOW and to think na demo pa lang siya!
Sa mga hindi pa nakakadownload ng demo ng game na to download nyo na sa Europe PSN lang siya available.
been playing since mlb 06 the show.. wala naman pagbabago sa graphix ng demo at gameplay same pitching animations (signature) pati batting stance.. :heh: prehas lang sa ps2 except the flowy jerseys just like 2k8 on ps3.. ika nga if it aint broke dont fix it

im a big A.rod and derek jeter fan from yankees.. mlb the show is the best baseball simulation among the rest (ea,2k)
PS4 - NBA 2K17 - Rock Band 4
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

sana maayos na nila yung online play nito.

wala akong nalarong online game nung mlb 07. laging down yung server.
sana yang album na hawak mo ay hindi pirata, mahirap ata mag-isip at magpuyat ng ilang araw at parang kang may karay-karay na buntong-hiningang hindi matuloy-tuloy
f0xdye
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: f0xdye_virus

played the demo, eyecandy ang graphics though hindi ko maintindihan pinag gagagawa ko kanina nung nilalaro ko :lol: .... for baseball fans i say na magugustuhan nila toh pero para sakin na walang alam about MBL i think ill stick with NBA nalang ^^,
PSN ID: f0xdye_virus(US) Titanite-Slab(HK) sleepytwig (US)

Motto: “One platinum at a time”
Platinum to Brag: Mirror's Edge
Last Game Platinum'D: Dark Souls 200%
Now Playing: Skyrim
craizieboi
Carnage Heart
Carnage Heart
PSN ID: craizieboi888

played the demo rin... di ko magets TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pitching... kaya nagbabat lang ako parati... switch team lang ako pag na 3 outs na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION isang team... hahah! maganda TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION demo at impressive nga TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION graphics... but not really a baseball fan... hehe!

sarap talaga ng free demos sa ps3... maeenjoy mo TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION mga games kahit di mo bilhin.. at least you'll get a feel of how things go in each game...
NEW PSN ID: craizieboi888
OLD PSN ID: craizieboi (RIP na!)

PS3 Games (17): AC,NBA2k8,U:DF,COD4,FL,WH,GTA4,SS,MGS4,GT5P,NBA2k9,LBP,SOCOM,DS,CODWAW, POP.&.VC.

*If we study to remember, we forget... but if we study to understand... we remember*
f0xdye
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: f0xdye_virus

sinabi mo! ang dami ko nang games na akala ko gusto ko nang bilin pero after having played the demo kadalasan nagbabago isip ko :lol: kaya ty sa mga demo :-)
PSN ID: f0xdye_virus(US) Titanite-Slab(HK) sleepytwig (US)

Motto: “One platinum at a time”
Platinum to Brag: Mirror's Edge
Last Game Platinum'D: Dark Souls 200%
Now Playing: Skyrim
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

MLB 2k8 or this one??
mizyel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: ivad24

darkwing_uop wrote:MLB 2k8 or this one??
this one... it has depth and value... tried mvp and mlb 2k last year.. :?

MLB the show > MLB 2k > MVP
PS4 - NBA 2K17 - Rock Band 4
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

mlb the show is better compared to mlb 2k. medyo magulo yung sa mlb 2k eh.

haven't tried another mvp game since its last release in 2005. i'm guessing mizyel's talking about the mvp college series.
calvs
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Calvinitial_D

craizieboi wrote:played the demo rin... di ko magets TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pitching... kaya nagbabat lang ako parati... switch team lang ako pag na 3 outs na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION isang team... hahah! maganda TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION demo at impressive nga TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION graphics... but not really a baseball fan... hehe!

sarap talaga ng free demos sa ps3... maeenjoy mo TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION mga games kahit di mo bilhin.. at least you'll get a feel of how things go in each game...
sa pitching, first choose your location and your pitch, press the button once to activate the motion, press it a 2nd time for power and time the 3rd press for control :) tama ba? hula ko lang yun kasi i played a similar baseball game before :)

was a huge baseball fan when i was in highschool to early college.
na-hook ako actually nung nag-aral ako sa japan nung HS, then i followed hideo nomo to the dodgers. i was a huge fan of blue wave back in japan and witnessed their championship season back then, and i still follow their star player ichiro now, who's been with seattle for quite some time now. :-)
Currently playing online (PS4):
Fifa 14
COD: Ghost
BF4
NBA 2k14

PSN: Calvinitial_D
Ratings & Feedback
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

sa pitching ganito:

first, you select a pitch by pressing the corresponding button. you move the left analog stick where you want to put it (note: the movement of the ball will depend on the kind of pitch, ability of the pitcher, and also your accuracy). you press X and then hold it for a while for some power then release. press X again when it is at the yellow line (this is your accuracy, if it's nailed on or close to it, it will go to your desired position of the pitch)

some cities in the US are already selling this game. they broke the street date release. sana malapit na rin dito!

though on a sad note, there are some reported glitches especially with the stats. they are reporting that when the games go to extra innings, the stats aren't counted meaning all runs, hits, and K's too i guess, and not even at-bats!

another glitch is that when you hit a walk-off homerun, it'll only record only one run to end the game. kunwari, the score is 1-1 at the bottom of the ninth and you have 2 guys at 1st and 2nd base. if you hit a homerun, the actual score should be 4-1, though in the game it will end with a score of 2-1. that's not right!

that sucks for the franchise mode if they don't fix the glitches.
deeham
PlayStation
PlayStation

nagorder ako s playasia nung monday night,TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION by ups,nadeliver na sa apato by today (kaso wala ako,kaya s weekend pa)..can't wait to play,next to god of war 2 (and waiting on 3) eto yung reason bakit ako bumili ng ps3..

pano pag 2 player kayo,TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION silipin mo pa yung analog nung kalaban mo,e d kita m na kung saan yung pitch?hehe
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

looking good ^^

8.7/10
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/856/856121p3.html

"Last year, PS3 owners were let down by strange AI problems, weak visuals and game features that just didn't deliver what they promised. That's not the case this time – MLB '08 delivers on every gameplay front. The on-field play is excellently done, the stat tracking is immense, and Road to the Show is one of the best career modes around. Visually striking, this is the baseball game that baseball fans have been waiting for on the PS3."
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

deeham wrote: pano pag 2 player kayo,TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION silipin mo pa yung analog nung kalaban mo,e d kita m na kung saan yung pitch?hehe
kapag 2 player, gawin mong fade yung pitch icon. just flick the analog stick to move the icon, it'll then disappear. fair game na. or just set the pitch icon on invisible.

kaso ang hindi fair game ay pag wala kayong DS3. dapat sanay na kayo sa pitching zone para you can nail the pitch where you want it to be without the aid of the pitching icon. kapag may DS3, magvivibrate yun if you're on the corners or past the corners. kapag mahina ang vibrate, malapit lang yun sa corner so that means ok yung pa yung pitch na yun. kapag malakas, it means it's outside the zone and it'll be a ball.
nike_guy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nike_guy

What? May demo na pala to?? Tagal ko na di sumisilip sa PSN store ah. hahaha! Alam ko maglaro ng baseball pero what do you mean mahirap laruin? TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION controls ba or TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION gameplay mismo? :-) :-) ma-download nga. haha
PSN ID: Nike_guy
Gaming and Basketball is a Brotherhood
US PS3 40GB Nov '07 - July '09 YLOD
ASIAN PS3 Slim 120GB Sept '09
PHI Vet
KILL CONFIRMED!
deeham
PlayStation
PlayStation

ang ganda ng laro na to!!kaso lang ang hirap hehe,nakascore ako ng 3 TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION nung yung kalaban na 10 naman yung nascore nila..naka 2 palit ako ng pitcher..

ang gandang experience laruin nito, (based sa napapanood ko sa tv) kuha nila talaga yung stadiums,pati yung crowd noise..kulang na lang yung beer tyaka nacho hat hehe..
adams_song182
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

kung sino man may game na ito, ano status pag naglalaro kayo online? naiinis na ako kasi laging timeout yung servers eh. i can get pass through the title screen pero when i try to connect sa sportsconnect laging timeout yung servers.

kapag sa ibang games naman nakakalaro ako online pero dito hassle talaga.