Tomb Raider: Underworld

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

babyzilla wrote:
metaura wrote:ugat ata yan hehehe
ugat pa lang yan!!!! :rofl:
...aw varicose veins. :rofl:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
babyzilla
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: babyzilla

jfeolino wrote:i have very high hopes with this game.. :) been a fan since Playstation1 era.

robotic effect's for me bearable. yung excitement na dala ni lara and her adventures lang ang talagang focus ko playing this game. :)

out na ba ang demo sa US PSN?
hehe, me too. there were 3 games that led me to buy PS1: tekken, tomb raider and resident evil. :agree:

last i checked wala pa sa psn yun demo, but that was a week ago na.....pero be patient na lang paps. nov 18 ang labas sa states nito. another week or so, andito na rin yun full game.... :clap:
babyzilla
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

woohoo! :clap:

nov 26 daw dating ng stocks ni fafa javssvaj nito! if i were you, i'd preorder na! :D
Bear
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: bear091283

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; nagandahan ako sa trailer hehe sana maganda rin story and gameplay :clap:
PSN ID: bear091283
madaxz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: madaxz

babyzilla wrote:woohoo! :clap:

nov 26 daw dating ng stocks ni fafa javssvaj nito! if i were you, i'd preorder na! :D
oo nga eh... nagdadalawang isip ko kung ooder na ako or wait for review. :?
dummydecoy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: dummydecoy

Baka meron kayong NTSC UC ng Tomb Raider Legend sa PS2 guys? Di ko pa kasi nalaro yun, and its a prequel to this..
Tomb Raider Anniversary hanap ko din.. :love:
babyzilla
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

dummydecoy wrote:Baka meron kayong NTSC UC ng Tomb Raider Legend sa PS2 guys? Di ko pa kasi nalaro yun, and its a prequel to this..
hehe, marami nyan sa METROWALK, paps! :evilsmile: "capt. jack sparrow"ed nga lang! :evilsmile:
dummydecoy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

babyzilla wrote:
dummydecoy wrote:Baka meron kayong NTSC UC ng Tomb Raider Legend sa PS2 guys? Di ko pa kasi nalaro yun, and its a prequel to this..
hehe, marami nyan sa METROWALK, paps! :evilsmile: "capt. jack sparrow"ed nga lang! :evilsmile:
Oo nga eh. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: talamak!
Last edited by dummydecoy on Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a13
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: batoy11

prequel to ng Legend, mukhang ok ah, kaso medyo corny ang story nung Tomb Raider Legend.

di masyado robotic ang Legend sa tanda ko pero bakit sabi dito sa thread robotic si Lara sa Underworld, weird.
Last edited by a13 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8672-9360
dummydecoy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

what do you/they mean robotic?
a13
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parang may pre-set na invisible tiles sa game na dun lang pwede mag-move si lara, kaya dapat derecho ka sa mga jumps at iba pang acrobatic moves, pero hindi siguro robotic tong Underworld kasi next gen na to, utang na loob, hehe!
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8672-9360
madaxz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: madaxz

Today na release nito diba? Post na lang agad dito kung may reviews na. ;)
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Nakikita ko nga yung female model ni Lara Croft sa Animax eh. Masyado siyang acrobatic. :smiley:
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
dakuykoy
Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
PSN ID: dakuykoy

IGN Review: 7.4

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/931/931785p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

Two problems nakita niya:

"The first is that there are a number of clipping and object detection issues that frequently plague the game regardless of the console you play it on. Lara will frequently move into or through walls or blocks, sometimes forcing her into an animation loop as the game tries to reconcile her movement with her location in the game world and an object she shouldn't be in. Coworkers and I have also seen instances where Lara has jumped onto a pillar and landed inside of the column up to her waist, or tried to grab a ledge and phased into a wall – not onto, into. This makes it much harder to gauge your next jump, or even be sure that you're on the part of the game environment you think you are. I've also seen segments where Lara has leapt onto invisible platforms as she's tried to make jumps to other areas, which makes it rather hard to determine whether or not you've got your timing down when you accidentally wind up exploiting a technical hiccup. Similarly, I've also seen sections where enemies have moved cleanly through Lara without any damage caused or explanation as to why

The other serious problem comes with the camera, which is perhaps as infuriating, if not more so, than previous Tomb Raider games. As you move through the environment, the camera will perform zooms, pans and tilts of its own accord, without any instruction or direction from you. Technically, this would be fine if there was a particular thing that it was trying to frame while not hampering the gameplay. But frequently the camera will either lock onto a specific perspective, making it nigh impossible to figure out the right jump angle or location to move to. Other times, the camera will fight you for things that you want to look at, making the screen visibly shake as it tries to reconcile what you are seeing and what it would prefer to show you. The camera can also throw you and Lara off with your jumps, because it can push her away from specific jumps or turn her head at the last second, making it harder to lean and jump in the right direction. This is infuriating, and I hurled many an invective, as well as a controller and furniture, as I fought with the game. "
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: therohz

Parang hindi man lang dumaan sa beta testing ah... :facepalm:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/ _\_ Resurrection

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

rohz wrote:Parang hindi man lang dumaan sa beta testing ah... :facepalm:
nah parang trademark na talaga yan sa Tomb Raider :D
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: therohz

Pero hindi ba parang 2 steps back to from Legend?

<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/ _\_ Resurrection

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

rohz wrote:Pero hindi ba parang 2 steps back to from Legend?
yun nga sabi sa reviewer the best pa rin Legend (not the gfx, the gameplay) pero anyways if you read the review ok naman ang game, a must for Lara Croft fans
kit_mac
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kit_mac

may camera issues pa rin even on the ps3.. baka talaga trademark na nga. hehe... naku, easily frustrated pa naman ako when it comes to bad camera angles in a platformer.. hirap sa timing and placing ng jumps eh... i'd stay way from this muna and get further reviews....
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/thisiskitmac
PS4 gamer. Anime Fanatic.

PSN ID: kit_mac

PS3 Games Collection
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t ... 2#p2136142