General PlayStation Question and Help Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
kakashi9241170
PlayStation
PlayStation

Sirs, paano magclaim ng sony warranty for the ps4?

Ive heard kailangan may serial no lang (un lang tinatanggap nila)

Pero ive read somewhere din na kailangan daw may "sticker" din sa box?
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I think this is the sticker you are refering to. Located at the back of the box of the ps4.

https://forum.lowyat.net/uploads/attach ... 155186.jpg
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
kakashi9241170
PlayStation
PlayStation

Hi xGhost12x

Cant see the sticker yet, but given na thats the one im referring to, is it really true that my ps4 needs to have that with the db receipt before sony honors my warranty claim?

Or should I just bring it directly to DB since it may as well be under "store warranty" provided that I really dont think I have that sticker on the box... even if they said that the unit is with a 2 year sony warranty
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yup. That's your proof (receipt) that you got it from an authorized reseller.
Or you can try to call sony philippines and ask them how to claim warranty. They will more than likely ask if you have a receipt and for your console's serial number.

if sony doesnt honor your warranty, then u can give db hell for it since you mentioned that they claimed it had a 2 year sony warranty.
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
kakashi9241170
PlayStation
PlayStation

I just called Sony PH (02 878 7600) and was advised that the sticker does not matter, as long as the units serial matches what they have on their database then its covered by Sony Warranty!!! :)

So now all I need to do is get the serial (on the bottom of the unit, under the PS4 logo according to the customer service rep that I spoke with) call them back when I have it and we can schedule it for warranty claim :)

So again, just to help all those who will want to claim warranty, it wouldnt hurt to call Sony directly, I guess this is the best option rather than just going directly to a service center and being rejected by a receptionist due to lack of a "black sticker" hehehe

As advised, its the serial that would matter, not the sticker on the box

Hoping for the best on my end!
Rogue Leader
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: U-4_X-R

so the serial no. on the back of ps4 system yun iimportante when it comes to claiming the sony warranty as long as it matches dun sa serial no. sa database ng sony phil. i see
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

I managed to fix my issue regarding sa auto eject. Well sana fix na talaga at hindi temporary. I tried removing the rubber underneath and rebuilding the database but the issue was still present at nakakasira ng laro. Muntik ko na mapadala sa sony centre on a weekends. What i did was tighten the screw na malapit sa grills. After that hindi na siya nag eject at tuloy tuloy na yung laro ko.

Here is an article para gawin yun http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-save-y ... g-1600574/
kakashi9241170
PlayStation
PlayStation

Rogue Leader wrote:so the serial no. on the back of ps4 system yun iimportante when it comes to claiming the sony warranty as long as it matches dun sa serial no. sa database ng sony phil. i see
Was able to validate everything, and now I can avail of warranty, even without the black sticker

I called Sony PH yesterday, since theyre only available M-F 8-5pm, and was able to provide all necessary details to validate my warranty

So they asked me for the following

Serial No
Product No
Model No

As it turns out, my units the CUH 1006a B01 which is covered, but since I dont have the black sticker, they asked for the product no and serial no too (those 2 numbers/ codes on the barcode on your box) put me on hold for a couple of minutes... and boom!

Im covered! I also asked what to do if in case the service center refuses my warranty claim, they said, just call them back and have them talk to the service center guys since I should be covered.

Anyway, this is good news to everyone, just try calling sony via 8787600 - do not pick the options regarding repairs/ troubleshooting or youll automatically be redirected to the service centers, best speak with Sony Ph directly so you can validate if your units really do have warranty

:)
RAYANT8
Hardcore Gamer
PSN ID: xxRAYANT8xx

Help PS3 not showing disc...audio and video CD's pwede naman..tried the Recover database pero ayaw parin
JLaC79
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer
PSN ID: JLaC79

Mga sir tanong ko lang kung ps plus member ako sa ps3 ko tapos bumili ako ps4 makakapaglaro bako online? Sabi kasi sa nabasa ko iba pa daw ps plus pag online sa ps4?
PSN: JLaC79
XBL: JLaC79
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

JLaC79 wrote:Mga sir tanong ko lang kung ps plus member ako sa ps3 ko tapos bumili ako ps4 makakapaglaro bako online? Sabi kasi sa nabasa ko iba pa daw ps plus pag online sa ps4?
Required ang PS+ to play online sa PS4..
arsie
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

JLaC79 wrote:Mga sir tanong ko lang kung ps plus member ako sa ps3 ko tapos bumili ako ps4 makakapaglaro bako online? Sabi kasi sa nabasa ko iba pa daw ps plus pag online sa ps4?
yes, makakapaglaro ka. yung ps+ account mo, magagamit mo from PSV to PS4.
AKGerman | AKG-RepublicOfGerman : https://www.youtube.com/user/AKGerman00
kakashi9241170
PlayStation
PlayStation

PSN Account is across all PS related gadgets/ consoles

So from PSP, PS Vita, PS3 and PS4, theoretically, all consoles that can use a PSN account, will benefit from a PS+ account, all the better for the older consoles since they were selling PS+ as an upgraded subscription where you actually get free games on a monthly basis.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

RAYANT8 wrote:Help PS3 not showing disc...audio and video CD's pwede naman..tried the Recover database pero ayaw parin
Matagal mag-read? either madumi lens nya or may sira na talaga yung lens... try mo muna linisin pafs? alcohol at cotton buds lang gamit ko dati.
jj35751
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: wapek15 (asian) & wepak15(us)

anyone experiencing this?

this happens when I'm playing a game and when the ps4 automatically downloads a version update, then when the ps4 finish downloading the version update and its in "preparing installation" state, the game I'm currently playing lags to the point that i cant play properly.

is this a known issue?

TIA
: )
t43m4n
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: xyther_2k

I got my ps4 yesterday from datablitz with official sony warranty. I have a buzzing sound on my PSU similar to this youtube video:

Pano gumagana yung warranty? Is it a direct replacement?
Light travels faster than sound, therefore some people may appear bright until you hear them speak.

PSN - xyther_2k

Clan [PPS]
arsie
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

t43m4n wrote:I got my ps4 yesterday from datablitz with official sony warranty. I have a buzzing sound on my PSU similar to this youtube video:

Pano gumagana yung warranty? Is it a direct replacement?
sana triny mong papalitan today or bukas sa DB. kung hindi, contact Sony then make an appointment.
AKGerman | AKG-RepublicOfGerman : https://www.youtube.com/user/AKGerman00
TemJin
Rayman
Rayman

jj35751 wrote:anyone experiencing this?

this happens when I'm playing a game and when the ps4 automatically downloads a version update, then when the ps4 finish downloading the version update and its in "preparing installation" state, the game I'm currently playing lags to the point that i cant play properly.

is this a known issue?

TIA
I think this is normal.
What I do is if there is 1 minute left to download on the firmware update I just go to PS4 menu download section and wait it out.
When ready to install shows on download then it's done. You can either continue with your game or install the firmware update.
Shikatoki09
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: SteeLiX321

Hey guys, so I'm new here and I really need to know the answers to my questions which led me to create an account here seeing as all of you guys are Filipinos like me, hahaha, so enough with the formality, I'll go straight to the point.

First
*How does Online Gaming work in PSN? I have an US account which I chose because I want to play with my cousins that resides in the USA, so I'm wondering. If I have an R3 Copy of some a games that's has Online Play such as Destiny, GTA online and the like, can I be able to play with my friends in the US? I read in some Threads that it depends on the game, I am really desperate on having an R1 Copy of these games:
Destiny, GTA V, The Crew, Assassin's Creed Unity, The Elder Scrolls Online and any game that focuses heavily on online play so that I can play with my friends, and I would like to know if the copy of the game matters on playing online in other servers that is not based on the region and the game itself, to clear it up a bit, I would like to know if I can play Online with my friends who has an R1 copy of a game while I have a different copy such as R2 or R3.

Second
*How does DLCs work? I have an R3 Copy of a game which has a PS4 Exclusive content with it and I was suprised to know that I can't use it in my US Account. So now I doubt that if I bought a DLC of that game using my US Account, I can play it using my R3 Copy of that game, which brings me to this question. Can I play a DLC of a game that I bought using an US Account by playing it in an R3 copy of that particular game?

Any answer is really appreciated, I am really really desperate to know about this because this month releases some of the most awesome games of 2014,, and I want to confirm if I want an R1 or R3 copy of a game. And anyway, I dont have that much Filipino friends on my account so, anyone who want to add me could do so anytime, I am currently seeking friends to play with, this is my PSN ID SteeLiX321, feel free to add me. Thanks in advance.
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

First Question. Generally, you should be able to play online with your friends in the US regardless if you use an R1 or R3 copy for the games that you listed. Just take note that Elder Scrolls Online is platform exclusive, meaning that you cannot play with PC or Xbox One users.

Second, the Exclusive Content that came with your R3 game will only work with an Asian (R3) PSN Account. The same goes for DLCs bought off the PS Store. They need to be from the same region. There are some exceptions though, most Capcom games have region free DLC, but this is a per game basis and you'll need to do your research beforehand.

The workaround for this is to use multiple accounts. I have a US, Japan, Euro and Asian account and buy DLCs from the store accordingly. If I have an R3 game, I just buy DLCs using my Asian account, and the game and DLCs will be playable on all my accounts. You can do this on PS4 by creating a new user and then assigning the appropriate region to the account.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937