Madden NFL 08

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

EA wants to stop 2K All-Pro Football franchise

http://www.n4g.com/gaming/News-55076.aspx
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

blitzburgh wrote:EA: Madden 08 PS3 "Will Not Run At 60fps"

http://www.n4g.com/News-54553.aspx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :? :? :?
Wow! Nagsimula na magtrabaho si Peter Moore. :evil:
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

parokyano wrote:
blitzburgh wrote:EA: Madden 08 PS3 "Will Not Run At 60fps"

http://www.n4g.com/News-54553.aspx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :? :? :?
Wow! Nagsimula na magtrabaho si Peter Moore. :evil:
@parokyano...pre GH ka pala kanina..was there too mga lunchtime (di kaya nagkaabot tayo sa DB?)..

Anyhow, had an itch kanina and ended up getting NCAA08...so far am liking the new animations (preview of MAdden 08?) --if so am liking it... :-) ..kung totoo mang 30fps 'ito i would say that the overall feel still looks better than my Madden 07 (it helps that stadiums/chants/cheers are as realistic as being in an actual college game...max res. tho is 720p.... i think sports games tends to look better naman talaga at 720p rather than 1080i...yung NBA2K7 ko nga i "tone" it down to 720 when i play rather tan 1080i.

Am actually a fan of the college game because I like running QB options (na wala sa pro game)... Medyo nainip na ako dahil malamang mga 1 month pa bago dumating Madden sa DB...more personal reviews to follow.

OT: i think may nakita akong R6V dun sa walkway/ bridgeway sa GH...parang 2900 ata...forgot the name of the store but an indian runs it. Lowest priced NGS (NTSC/US) i saw was at 2900 din pero ang dami na ang nagtitinda.
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Slight OT: NCAA Football 08
If this is a preview of Madden 08 then am sure you guys would not be disappointed....Gameplay and visuals are much much better than Madden 07. Don't really know what framerate NCAA is running at but I get an overall better feel for realism than M:07....

Visually--player models look a lot lot better ---even from afar you can see diff. shadings on the arms and legs which show appropriate cuts of muscle...even the linemen's forearm veins are noticeable now...sa M:07 parang cartoonish ang rendering ng arms and legs pero dito its much improved...I am liking all the new animations and the ability to string moves...I've made 1 handed catches; jumped at a defender trying a shoestring tackle (before pag tumalon ka sing taas ng tao yung talon mo)--now you can get upended if the defender chose to tackle you waist level--i've seen sidestepping moves(not jukes) wherein the RB twists his upper body to elude a tackle...best of all --sideline catches can now be made to run upfield (dati sure out papalabas).Gameplay and visuals--its smooth and a heck better than Madden 07 with the new "string-animation" techniques. On a side note - fatigue is noticeable too---I ran 5 straight QB options to check this and as i get further--bumabagal na tumakbo yung QB and palaging nag-fufumble.

Now the downside-- there are no referees..(dunno if it matters to you pero forme pandagdag realism din sya)...on cutscenes in between plays --meron paring "ghosting" (as in your player would walk through another player is if it were transparent) --so far i havnt seen it in the playing field pero parang minsan meron din...

More plusses: Weather Channel and ESPN are part of the game so if you're connectedto the net--youget the weather in real time as what is actually going on in the playing field.

I'm also liking the fact that a whole game can be literally saved as you can chose highlight reels taken from almost each and every play that has been run....In campus legend mode-you can assume the role of a particular player and as in real life you get his vantage point lang..if you're a QB --pwede kang manoodng game if the defense ison the field; kung kailan ka lang ipinasok then that's the only time you participate --its as realistic as it canbe--don't worry you can choose regular gameplay pa rin tho.

Overall, nothing beats college gaming pa rin (tho its 2nd to Madden kasi you get hypothetical players)...don't worry too much about framerates --if you worry about getting shortchanged by your XBOx brothers, sayang naman ang potential mong mag-enjoy....Barring the framerate numbers --I'm liking it (3 weeks pa kasi Madden eh)....If you can spare 2 FB titles get this one too...kung isa lang Madden pa rin ---maybe i just like the "weird" trick plays only seen in College FB....Imagine doing a kickoff return then as your guy was about to get tackled --you lateralled to a teammate who took it in for the score....well only in NCAA 08 lang meron nyan.
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Haha.. nandun ako ng mga 2pm. Wala naman daw R6V sa Games and Things. Yun lang kasi alam ko na bumbay ang may ari eh. :D

Mag aaral nga ako ng Madden para maiba naman. :-)
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

ako din. i used to enjoy this game back in ps2. :D
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
xbops
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: xbops

@cincibearcat-->hmmm come to think of it we cant do laterals on madden noh? tinanggal nila? kse i remember before i think sa ps1 pa yta yun pwede eh
PSN ID: xbops

dLsU!ANIMO LASALLE!

HISTORY:
1) Atari
2) Pac-man
3) Super Famicom
4) Game and Watch
5) Gameboy
6) Arcades
7) Super Nes
8 ) Sega Genesis
9) Game Gear
10) 3DO
11) Sega Saturn
12) Sega Dreamcast
13) PS1
14) N64
15) PS2
16) Xbox 360
17) PS3
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Woohooo :-)

Now my game experience is complete....googled NCAA rosters for NCAA 08...puro may bayad ($10-$35)...finally nakachamba ako ng free..used an SD card to upload the saved rosters--am now trying it

..the best part is---the announcers call out the real names no matter how unique it is (i.e. Grutza is the QB of UCincinnati; and true enough it's in the game's database of audio filenames)...

If you want a link to the file ill PM it to you guys..Hanep!! ngayon di na puro #number ang nasa likod ng jersey --but real and actual names of college football players themselves!!
Darkshader
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ang lungkot sa mga football fans dito sa Bay Area. namatay na iyong hall of fame coach na si Bill Walsh ng 49ers. If you guys don't know, 49ers was the team of the decade in the 80's. actually may chance pa nga silang mag 3 straight championship kaso na fumble ng Roger Craign (RB) iyong ball sa goal line noong NFC championship kaya natalo pa tuloy.

He invented the playbook which we called today the WEST COAST OFFENSE. if you are not familiar with that. ayon iyong mga plays na less than 10 yards pero pag na excute mo naman properly ang gain is more than 10 yards, minsan touchdown pa. isa sa mga coach na gumagamit nyan ay si Mike Holmgren ng Seahawks. kaya sumikat iyong wide receiver na si JERRY RICE kasi iyong mga quick slant play ng 49ers, tapos hindi na sya mahabol sa sobrang bilis hehe.

He also help established the NFL Europe and hire blacks as assistant coaches. Walsh was equally influential and innovative off the field. In 1987, Walsh launched the first minority coaching fellowship program to create more opportunities for minority coaches. The first two participants were Jerry Brown and Tyrone Willingham, now the head coach at the University of Washington. Marvin Lewis, head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, was selected by Walsh as a coaching fellow the following year in 1988. The league later implemented the program with all of its teams.

http://www.sf49ers.com/pressbox/news_de ... =PR%20News
PSN ID: Darkshader

Gamer/Toy Collector
ruffa
PlayStation
PlayStation

RIP :(

Go Niners
munskie
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Marlai

Yeah, sad day for all sports fans.

Hope it will be a rallying point for the lowly Niners. I miss the days when the Niners where the class of all sports organizations, and that was the time of Eddie Debartolo......
PSN ID Marlai
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

:( whew...tough break Niner's ....to top it off , RB FRank Gore broke his hand pa.

re: subject of rosters....any f you guys know of a free link for current ('08)rosters for Madden '07?
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

trip ko din 49ers ngayong season.. Darrell Jackson can provide leadership and talent, and siya din ang magiging go-to-guy ni Alex Smith.. hehe

ako manual updating nalang ginawa ko sa rosters. hehe..

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Here's a couple more feature add-ons for Madden...some of them are actually seen already in NCAA 08...all I can say is that it's "running fine"

http://www.easports.com/maddennfl/blogs ... e-box.aspx

@blitz

WOw :? don't tell me you did all of this....
http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/madde ... ments.html
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yup, as in manual roster update :-D

ganun ako ka-tiyaga kapag Madden.. hehehhe :D :-)

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
cincibearcat
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

:evil: Hehe Madden curse already at work?

Cover boy Vince Young takes a swing at a helmeted head of a teammate in training camp....almost injuring his throwing hand!!

Titans camp must be that intense....

OT: saw a cool animation sa NCAA08 kanina...a running back dragged 2 defenders 6 yards at least before getting a third to gang-tackle him to the ground

on another play i had a wide receiver look back at the last minute --jumped and twist hisbody in mid-air...made a one handed catch then had the mindset to drag both feet (tiptoing) inside the corner endzone just as his momentum carried him out of bounds....Galing parang totoo :-)

na challenge pa nga ng booth pero overturned...anyhow saved it as one of my highlights for uploading
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

:-) :-)

really excited this coming Aug. 14 :-) i want to see a 9.0+ review sa gamespot and IGN.. hehe, sana :-D

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

waw grabe, mas swabe talaga ang gameplay sa Xbox 360 :? :? :? damn 30 fps :?

http://www.n4g.com/News-57501.aspx

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Xbox 360 Madden 08 gets 9/10 from GameDaily

http://www.n4g.com/News-58032.aspx

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
Darkshader
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

eventhough maganda ang lineup ng 49ers ngayon. skip muna ako sa Madden this year. EA have f*ck up the frame rate of the PS3 version. and besides i want to concentrate in NBA2K8 this year :D
PSN ID: Darkshader

Gamer/Toy Collector