Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
iAmTheWalrus
Philosoma
Philosoma
PSN ID: iLoveTurtles92

Kojima is GOAT developer. Can't wait for this one!
PS3 ph4t 80gb, PSP †, PS2, PS1 †
Currently Playing:
Tales of Xillia
Dark Souls
GTA V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Wants:
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Solid V
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Dapat bang i-merge na lang itong thread o i-lock na lang since MGSV din naman ito? :bigmouth:
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yeah, i suggest to merge it with MGSV Phantom Pain thread pero if proven that both games have separate release dates then stay as it is..
noctisnox
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: noctisnox

Separate games yung 2.
Confirmed na. MGS: Ground Zero takes place 9 years before Phantom Pain. Mukhang PS3/Vita ata to (Tranfarring). A lot speculation na parang Peace walker daw ito.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/th ... ate-games/
bisugzzz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bisugz

naguguluhan ako kung iisang game lang ba ito or parehas lang sila?? :sweat:
PSN US:Bizugs

PSN HK:Bisugz

Nintendo FC: 2595-1096-5750

MADE IN [RP] Samahang Sandatahan

WHEN GOTHAM IS ASHES... THEN, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DIE..
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

The Phantom Pain And Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Are Two Separate Games [Update 2]

Earlier today, Kojima Productions announced that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain together make up Metal Gear Solid V. This made it sound like the two are the same game, but this isn’t actually the case.

We got in touch with Konami to ask just what the deal is with the two titles, and the publisher’s Director of Public Relations, Jay Boor, informed us that they are in fact two separate games.

“Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games,” Boor clarified to Siliconera via e-mail. “GZ will be a prologue to The Phantom Pain.”

Meanwhile, on Twitter, Hideo Kojima writes: “’Ground Zeroes’ is a prologue of ‘MGSV’. 9 years after that event will be ‘The Phantom Pain’. MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game ‘TPP’. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of ‘TPP’ which is tutorial that starts from crawling.”

Update: When we pressed Boor for further details and asked if both The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, he replied: “Can’t comment on the SKUs unfortuantely [sic]. TPP is definitely 360 and PS3 though.”

Update 2: We got in touch with Boor again, this time asking if the two games will be part of the same package or on the same disc. He replied: “Can’t confirm at this time”.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/th ... ate-games/
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
thedell242424
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: thedell24

Baka pang PS4 na yung Phantom Pain? May nabasa ako sa isang wiki mag kaibang engine ang gagamitin sa GZ and Phantom Pain eh. Yung isa Enhanced bla bla bla.
PSN ID: thedell24
XBL Gamertag: thedell24
bisugzzz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

if you watch closely sa phantom pain trailer nakalagay doon ps3 and xbox 360..

mario_adobo
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: dreddfool

Teka kung prologue part yun Ground Zero, baket sinasabi ni Kojima tutorial part yun gameplay demo nun TPP (bigboss hospital crawl) :sweat:

Eh di ba playable naman yun GZ dun sa pinakita nilang demo before???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
War transforms us into beasts - Drebin

[RP] Sandatahang Lakas

SG PSN: dreddfool
HK PSN: MarioAdobo <--- wala lang
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...di siguro pwedeng ihiwalay to, sabi ni kojima maigsi lang tong ground zeroes.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

most probabky like the prologue scene from MGS2.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
noctisnox
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: noctisnox

Kojima Gametraillers interview.
-Sounds like we'll be getting Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain separately. Ties into how Kojima was interested in episodic releases. Ground Zeroes first and then Phantom Pain, as Ground Zeroes "eases us" into the sneaking and whatnot, and Phantom Pain is a huge game that continues.

-Hayter is gone for good :(

-Ground Zeroes takes place almost immediately after Peace Walker, Phantom Pain 9 years later

-It will be open world unlike previous Metal Gears where you just show up at a stage and go in a linear path. Instead they want it to be "realistic infiltration", you choose how to infiltrate, where to infiltrate, and what time is best to do it. There could be side missions along the way that affect your objective.

-You will only play as Big Boss

-80% realistic, 20% sci fi/fantasy (fire whales and #@*^)
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/84h9 ... -interview
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Snake's not gonna be the same without Hayter.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
bisugzzz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Crazycajun wrote:Snake's not gonna be the same without Hayter.
approve ako dito.. snake's epic voice is not the same without his sigature voice.. :sweat:

deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

baka naman mataas na talent fee in Hayter.. o baka sawa na rin siya.. di ba yung sa Splinter Cell si Michael Ironside yung orig na Sam Fisher na VA? sawa na rin yata siya eh

anyway, yung mga dubbers naman eh kayang ma-emulate yung voice ni Hayter pero, baka subject to copyright or intellectual property pa ata.. basta grizzly bear or magaspang yung voice at astig pa rin, ok lang.. Eh yung Blacklist kahit wala na si Ironside, marami pa ring bibili ng game..

kabaliwan naman kung bababa ang sales ng MGS5 ng todo pag walang David Hayter.. ano yun? boycott saka death threat kay Kojima? Sometimes fans are getting irrational.
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^Hindi sawa si Michael Ironside. Gusto ng Ubisoft, same person para sa voice at mocap which is stupid for a character with a very iconic voice.
The reason? With Blacklist's focus on agile forward-movement, Ubisoft needed an actor capable of motion capture and performance. Consequently, the 62-year-old Ironside is out, and 32-year-old Eric Johnson, known for his role as Whitney Fordman on Smallville, is the new Sam Fisher.
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
pantellica
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I'm excited to this game, sana kung last mgs na ito sana magawa nila na involved na dito yung mg1 and 2 from nes/msx para naman mabuo na nila yung story ng mgs, if ever sana mag remake pa din sila for ps4.

as for david hayter not voicing this game, nakakapanibago yun, for me malaking kakaiba yun since nasanay na tayo sa voice ni hayter, pero maliet na bagay lang yun, it's just a voice anyway.
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Di na daw ba magvovoice si Hayter kay Solid?
[RP] jpodg27

nevets
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: oknevets

PSNomad wrote:Di na daw ba magvovoice si Hayter kay Solid?
yun ang balita, which is very sad
Add me up!

PSN id: oknevets
Origin id: oknevets

Platinums: inFamous, Batman Arkham Asylum, God of War 3
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sayang naman kung ganun. Ok lang sana na iba na yung kay Big Boss like MGS4 pero si David parin sana kay Solid.
[RP] jpodg27