Batman: Arkham Asylum

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
dummydecoy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: dummydecoy

SIno nagdedevelop nito?
Sana di nila babuyin.
Ok na ang reboot ni batman sa movies eh
sana sumunod naman video games kaso the open world gameplay might kill it
Look at farcry 2 and assassin's creed.
Ok lang linear at scripted nasa execution lang ng director dba?
I love batman!

OT: my batman painting :love:
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...astig ng painting!! :agree:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: therohz

Tibarn wrote:...world exclusive trailer, kaso hindi pinakita si batman or khit sino, except yung nasa likod ng smoked glass. Hehehe. Atleast mukhang ok graphics ng mga areas.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42999.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nice teaser.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

<(_)> You have earned a trophy.
_/ _\_ Resurrection

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...new trailer showing batman, joker, and other villains. Looking good, mukhang eto ang magiging first batman game na bibilin ko a. :agree:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14273490 ... er_HD.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Maganda nga! dark, gritty ang grim :clap:

_/ _\_ Resurrection

Pipoy
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: ferdz_9999

Looks great :clap:
_/_ \_ CycloneJoker
Now, let me count up your crimes

_/_ \_ Solid EB Attendee
No excuses, feel guilt-free

_/_ \_ Feeling importante
We don't need you here, get out
[BRIAN]
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

batman fans must have!!!!

astig ni croc and joker

btw joker fan here :evilsmile:
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

New Batman: Arkham Asylum Official Trailer (with gameplay footage)

Click Here!

I hope this isn't the final version, the game could use a little bit more polish.

Voice over is good. I love the sound of Batman's cape as it glides across the air. :clap:
Last edited by rohz on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_/ _\_ Resurrection

madaxz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: madaxz

More likely yan na mismo yun. I'm totally fine with the graphics... hopefully maganda to... basta 7.0 pataas review nito bibili ako. I'm lowering my expectations now to avoid disappointment. :bigmouth:
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

Batman: Arkham Asylum Screenshots, Trailer

http://kotaku.com/5142470/batman-arkham ... ts-trailer
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
madaxz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

where are those damn rubber nipples? :damn:
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

madaxz wrote:where are those damn rubber nipples? :damn:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :agree:

_/ _\_ Resurrection

pangke
Resident Evil
Resident Evil
PSN ID: pangke

hanep sa bagong trailer ah...ganda!!! :clap:
AKO SI PANGKE
MATAPANG, MABANGIS
TUMITIRA NG CHICHIRYA
KUMAKAIN NG PANIS!!!

PSN id:pangke
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The first twenty minutes of Batman: Arkham Asylum say a lot about the game: we’ve got the voice cast of the 90s cartoon, action-stealth gameplay and the writer that brought us episodes of Animaniacs and Lost.

But if Paul Dini isn’t enough to convince you that this Batman game is on the level, there’s plenty more going on in Arkham Asylum that deserves a look. First, and most important for me, is the voice talent. Almost the entire cast in the game seems to be drawn from Batman: The Animated Series. The Dark Knight himself is voiced by Kevin Conroy, Harley Quinn is played by Arleen Sorkin and I’m pretty sure I recognized Commissioner Gordon’s voice, but I can’t be sure it’s Bob Hastings.

The big star, though, is Mark Hamill as The Joker. I’m glad they got him instead of going for a Heath Ledger sound-alike –- it solidifies Arkham Asylum as a Batman game that stands apart from the movies. Besides, the role of main psychopath is a demanding one. From beginning to game over screen, the pinstripe-sporting super villain is there, taunting the caped crusader, goading him and generally being absolutely crazy at every opportunity. You need a star like Hamill to carry the performance.

Gameplay is a combination of three modes: Investigative mode, Combat mode, and Stealth-hunter mode. Early on in the game, when the inmates aren’t armed with guns, it looks like you can get by mostly with Combat mode. The controls haven’t been 100% finalized, but it looks like you mash A and maybe Y to pull off punches, kicks and headlocks. There’s also some button combo that leads to a slow motion elbow-drop, but I’m not sure what the demo runner did to bring that on.

Right now, the game is still in pre-alpha, so they haven’t hit their goal number of guys on screen for combat. I only saw up to five guys in a fight at once; but the demo guy said they had gotten the count up to 15. By launch, Rocksteady hopes to bump that to 20 so the Combat portion of the game will be even crazier.

During combat phases, a combo-counter appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen along with a health bar. The higher the combo number, the more XP Batman earns for the encounter. When you level up, you can upgrade weapons or fighting moves and the health bar regenerates automatically when the fight is over (unless you die, in which case – game over).

They keyword here is “context.” Almost all of Batman’s moves are context sensitive. For example, you approach a grating over a vent and a prompt pops up, telling you to press A repeated to break the grate faster. You could do that, or you could hold down Right Trigger and then press A once to slowly and stealthily remove the grate and slide it to one side. This is the basis for the Stealth-hunter mode where Batman has to take out multiple minions without being spotted. So instead of running in a mashing A, you creep in and hold Right Trigger while pressing A to turn a headlock into a stealth-choke or a punch into a smothering move.

It all depends on what the situation is and that’s where Investigative mode comes in. By toggling this mode, Batman sees the world in a sort of infrared view where everyone’s skeletons are visible. You can see how many people are in an area, how many are armed, where possible exits might be and all sorts of clues (like “pheromone trails” or hand prints). It’s clear that Rocksteady wasn’t out to make a brawler – they remember rightly so that Batman is supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, not the world’s best boxer.

Other components of gameplay in Arkham are collectible items and exploration. The game isn’t exactly a sandbox game, but neither is it a straight linear path. Batman can go all over Arkham island (observe the mad gliding ability in the trailer), but certain areas won’t be open to him at all times in the game. Some areas will require a certain item or a certain event to happen before they’re open and it sounds like you can’t really go back in the game unless the main plot makes do so.

Using Investigative mode will tell you where to go next to advance the story, but wandering around means more collectibles and more collectibles means more unlockable content. Paul Dini has gone all out on creating back stories for almost all the meat shields prisoners and prison guards in the game. So it’s never just faceless dude Batman has to save/kill – it’s “Steve” or “Joe” and he’s got a wife and kids or whatever. Profiles for characters are part of the unlockable lineup along with original art from WildStorm and probably some other undisclosed goodies.

I walked away from my time with Batman: Arkham Asylum feeling more hopeful than I have in a while about a superhero game. It was said several times during the demo that the developer was out to make a game that would stand on its own without the benefit of the Batman franchise -– and I actually believe that’s true. Of course it doesn’t hurt that it’s Batman. I’ll take any excuse to have Mark Hamill in my games.

Arkham Asylum comes out sometime this summer for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. When asked about Achievements and Trophies the answer was: “There are lots – with a capital L.”
http://kotaku.com/5143358/twenty-minute ... ham-asylum

_/ _\_ Resurrection

rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

2 geeks from ign study the Batman trailer ...and gets a glimpse of a Superman villan?

Link
Last edited by rohz on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_/ _\_ Resurrection

madaxz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

rohz wrote:2 geeks from ign study the Batman trailer ...and gets a glimpse of a Superman villan?

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1427 ... 12909.html
i doubt din kung si Doomsday yan...
rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

More Info. :agree:
... there’s a more than good chance it’ll be an excellent game, because from concept to tone this is a seriously positive case for the genre.

It’s got atmosphere, sure, but it’s also got attitude. That helps visually because, although its prettiness screams Unreal Engine 3, the comically exaggerated features and torsos give a comic-book overtone to otherwise moody hyper-realism. It’s a balancing act that the game as a whole is keen on.

This may not be the high-camp Batman, but there’s a self-referentiality that takes it beyond being mere grim’n’gritty fare.

The unflinching inspiration for Rocksteady’s envisaging of Batman is the word ‘superhero’. The game doesn’t feel the need to avoid the fact that he’s a hardcase. Taking out street thugs should be embarrassingly easy for the caped crusader, and it is. In one section two henchmen chat while guarding a staircase, with Batman perched above them.

Targeting one with the reticule, a single button prompt for a diving kick appears. Batman swoops down, cape spread, the camera flicks to the thug as he begins to raise his gun, and there’s a second of slow-motion as foot connects with jaw. Landing, the other is dispatched with the merciless efficiency of a few button presses. They really didn’t have a chance. Empowering the player to such a degree is a bold move, and one that hasn’t really been attempted in a licensed superhero game.

Every one of the Incredible, Invincible, Super and Spider-men have faced foot soldiers that can take button mashings from comet-shattering fists. There are inherent advantages to taking this approach with Batman: he’s human rather than superhuman, which stops things getting incongruous, and means a weakness to guns and knives is real. So you can take down any normal baddie easily, but running at one holding a machine gun is suicide.

The flipside of your close-combat abilities is the need to silently and efficiently get close to enemies before you use them. Rocksteady has been keen to avoid the stealth label for these moments, preferring to be lexically rapacious with ‘predatory’. There is a distinction, though, in the way Batman moves around an environment compared to Solid Snake.

Rather than creeping and peeking, he swings across roof beams, lands silently on outcrops, and shoots grapples to move almost instantly from one location to another. Rather than observing enemy positions for a gap, he’s watching for when they’re spread out and isolated. You’re still looking for weaknesses and exploiting them, however, so regardless of how you want to describe these sections they retain the quiet thrill of using patterns to your advantage.

This is shown as Sefton Hill, the game’s director, takes on six henchmen. He sticks to the shadows and the roof, waiting for an opening. When Batman strikes at one of the group, quickly incapacitating him and returning to the shadows in a single fluid move, Arkham Asylum shows one of its most greatest flourishes. The others are alarmed. “Is it Batman?” “Is he here?” Only the most humourless observer won’t grin.

The thugs, armed with handguns, regain their composure, and over the next few minutes Batman moves silently around the room, waiting for each of the five remaining thugs to make a mistake. When they do, they’re down. When there are only three left, they panic further, but move in a tight triangular formation that makes attacking difficult. One separates away and goes down. The last two really panic, firing blindly, fearfully glancing at each other, but becoming wilder in their movements. It’s almost too easy.

Well, for Batman it is, anyway. Easy doesn’t necessarily mean simple: the opportunity has to be created before the biff-bam action. It’s about making a Batman game feel like you’re controlling Batman, using the licence to inform the core of the game rather than wrapping it around common mechanics. Rocksteady handles all of this convincingly.
Source Link

_/ _\_ Resurrection

rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

_/ _\_ Resurrection

rohz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Batman: Arkham Asylum Box Art Revealed!!!

_/ _\_ Resurrection