Let Us Talk About Security

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I just realized something about my home network setup. I configured my PS3 to be the DMZ host (all ports open) so there won't be any conflict when connecting online or to PSN. It works wonderful. I haven't had any connection problems except for ISP down times. And who would want to hack my PS3 right?

I also do media streaming between my PC and PS3 so I configured the PC firewall give full access to my PS3. Everything works well. I can stream media even through wifi.

The problem about this setup is if the PS3 is open to the Internet and my PC is giving full access to my PS3 internally, there will be a vulnerability regarding my network security.

I am behind a router and I don't think specifying ports to be opened for the PS3 is recommended since it'll be dependent on the game. It's the same thing about the connection between the PC and PS3 since I don't know the ports needed to be open for media sharing to work. I have uPNP enabled.

Do we have IT people here or network administrators that can give hints on how to secure my connection?
:bigmouth:
anton
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: Gabzilla121005

Paano mo ba pinapastream ang videos mo? May Windows Media Player ba ang PS3?

Turn of uPNP and try to stream it using port 80 (http).
XBL Gamertag: Gabzilla121005
PSN ID: Gabzilla121005
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hindi ba makukuha ito sa mac filtering?
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

batistoink99% wrote:Hindi ba makukuha ito sa mac filtering?
MAC filtering is enabled of course. The problem regarding my setup is hackers can use the PS3 as a gateway to my PC.
:bigmouth:
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote:
batistoink99% wrote:Hindi ba makukuha ito sa mac filtering?
MAC filtering is enabled of course. The problem regarding my setup is hackers can use the PS3 as a gateway to my PC.
Ah "papasok" kumbaga ... :twisted: Unless may FIREWALL kuno na maiimplement for PS3... di ba may firewall din ang mga routeres? :roll: