inFamous (IGN Best Story/Gamespot Best Original IP 2009)

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/sony-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... cooper-de/
With GTA IV going to Xbox 360 as well, Sony's itching for some exclusive sandbox action for their Playstation 3. Enter Infamous, a new open-ended action/exploration game from Suckerpunch, the developers of the Sly Cooper games.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Vicious-sama
Cyber Sled
Cyber Sled

Reminds me of Crackdown. Anyway, interesting stuff.
METALGEARSOLID4
June 12, 2008.

SNEAK OUT!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

waaahhh dami games na huhuhu
Mark Daniel
Myst
Myst

From the makers of Sly Cooper?! I'll definitely keep track of this game. :-D
"Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is."
Mark Daniel
Myst
Myst

Sorry for the double post but here is a screenshot of Infamous

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.o ... Id=3347323
What's the game about: From Sucker Punch, the makers of the Sly Cooper games, comes Infamous, a third-person action game in which you play the role of a man who discovers his superpowers as you progress through the game and ultimately becomes a fantastic superhero or badass supervillain -- or both.

What's new for E3: Sony revealed the game for the very first time at its E3 2007 press conference, and you can watch the trailer to get a sense of the game's fantastic style and dark mood.

What we like: One of the interesting aspects of Infamous will be in exploring the good and evil that can come from having superpowers. As the quote from Abraham Lincoln in the trailer states ("Nearly all men can stand adversity...if you want to test a man's character, give him power."), the game will allow you to become either evil and destructive or honorable and helpful. The visuals and dark atmosphere also look incredibly promising.

What we dislike: The super abilities and open-world gameplay sound a heck of a lot like Crackdown, but considering we've seen so little of Infamous so far, it's tough to really find fault with that.
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

nice...this is better looking than crackdown....baka may libreng access din sa bagong game pag binili natin tulad ng sa M$ :P
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
Mark Daniel
Myst
Myst

I know I should keep my expectation low for now, God knows what might happen if this is a fiasco. Still, I am having high hopes for this game.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Mark Daniel wrote:I know I should keep my expectation low for now, God knows what might happen if this is a fiasco. Still, I am having high hopes for this game.
Sucker Punch is behind this game. What more can you ask for?
:bigmouth:
Mark Daniel
Myst
Myst

jsnepo wrote:
Mark Daniel wrote:I know I should keep my expectation low for now, God knows what might happen if this is a fiasco. Still, I am having high hopes for this game.
Sucker Punch is behind this game. What more can you ask for?
I know! :-)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Meron bang Sucker Punch games na nag-"suck"?

Alam ko maganda yung 3 Sly Cooper games nila.
Mark Daniel
Myst
Myst

cel-shaded wrote:Meron bang Sucker Punch games na nag-"suck"?

Alam ko maganda yung 3 Sly Cooper games nila.
I didn't say it suck either. (If that reply was intended for me)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Mark Daniel wrote:I didn't say it suck either. (If that reply was intended for me)
Hindi naman sayo direct yung question. Sa ating lahat na nakakabasa nitong thread.

So wala naman sigurong game na nag-"suck" ang Sucker Punch. :lol:
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

I'm pretty excited myself. The only thing that I don't like about Sucker Punch is that the Sly Cooper games are pretty short. But Infamous is a sandbox game so I doubt its going to be short too.
:bigmouth:
Tracer1
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Here are some new images of Sony's PS3 modern action adventure game Infamous, developed by the Sly Cooper developer Sucker Punch. The game will have a non-linear, open environment gameplay.
From the-Magicbox.com... Click Here

Check out the 2nd and 3rd pic... parang c Sly Cooper din sya... hehehe :twisted:
PS3 Rulez!!!

"Boycott Chinese products!"
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

hmmm...not bad. might be a good game after all
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Hindi pa ganung ka impressive yung visuals para sa akin. Parang pang PS2/Xbox pa na naka upscale lang. :heh:
Mark Daniel
Myst
Myst

parokyano wrote:Hindi pa ganung ka impressive yung visuals para sa akin. Parang pang PS2/Xbox pa na naka upscale lang. :heh:
Parts of it were just shown and I'm sure because this is an early project, they would soon improve the visuals.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

After Naughty Dog, it is time for Sucker Punch naman :-)

Among the varied selection of games shown off for the PlayStation 3, Sucker Punch's Infamous was an eye-popping surprise. The original game from the Washington-based developer is a far cry from the cel-shaded Sly Cooper series that helped put the studio on the map. The teaser trailer for the game showed off a gritty, realistic art style and a whole lot of superpowered madness. We tracked down Sucker Punch cofounder and producer Brian Fleming to find out what the developer is cooking up for the PlayStation 3.

GameSpot: When did development on the game start? What is the background of the team that worked on it (what games have they worked on)?

Brian Fleming: The game has been under development for 18 months and will ship in 2008. Sucker Punch continues to be a one-project-at-a-time studio, so the entire team shifted over to Infamous work when we returned from vacations after Sly III. We're excited to stretch our wings in a new direction with this title. And we're certainly as driven as ever to create great gameplay and spectacular visuals with Infamous.

GS: What inspired the game?

BF: We've drawn inspiration from a lot of different places. I know Batman Begins the movie was really inspiring for a lot of us when it came out. We were already in development when the Heroes TV show came out, and certainly, we're fans of that. But I think our real inspiration is to deliver a game that's so playable and so approachable that you actually get immersed in the journey and really feel like these events are happening to you...that you are in fact making the choice of how to treat people. Will you be a menace or a hero? That's a super interesting question to us!

GS: What can you tell us about the game's story? What elements in the trailer help tell that story?

BF: Not a whole lot at this point. There will be a primary story arc that will unfold as the game progresses, but how you play the missions as a good or bad hero will determine how the world reacts to you. What you can tell from the trailer is the story will be punctuated with some big set pieces and battles. That's something we think that's so important to any superhero story--the opportunity to face and battle with incredible enemies.

GS: What kind of game is it? Open world? Linear? Etc.?

BF: Infamous will have a nonlinear, open environment style of gameplay. We are making a superhero sandbox game that will allow players the freedom to play the game the way they want to play it. You couple some really rich powers with a really reactive environment and population, and you end up with something players haven't seen before.

GS: What are the powers that you'll have in the game?

BF: What I can talk about is what you've seen in the trailer: The hero is shown throwing bolts of electricity and directing a massive lightning strike. Those are specific, offensive powers, which the player will need to decide how and where to use. Obviously, there will be more than these two, but they're the only two major powers we've shown thus far.

GS: What's the change of pace like from the game SP has done previously?

BF: It's been a huge change--really across the board for us. We've gone from the PS2 to the PS3. We've gone from cel-shaded talking animals to more realistic-looking humans. We've gone from a level-based game to a fully streaming open-ended game.

But ultimately, I think these sorts of changes are what this business should be all about. We didn't want to sit around making just more sequels. Don't get me wrong; we absolutely love the Sly Cooper franchise, but it was time for something new. If we accomplish this and do a great job, I'll be incredibly proud of our versatility as a studio.

GS: What's it been like working on the PlayStation 3 for the first time?

BF: For us, the most exciting part of the PS3 has been the cell processor, the SPUs specifically. In our highest density scenes right now, we are currently using about 30 percent of the SPUs' capabilities--with the SPUs doing lots of heavy lifting for us on rendering, visibility, particle systems, skinning, animation blending, and so on...this with scores of pedestrians, cars, fires, etc., all going on. And the best part? We've not made any significant attempts to even optimize the SPU code. I think it's reasonable to guess we could put 10 times as much stuff on the SPUs and still make our frame budgets. It's really pretty amazing.

GS: Thanks for your time.
hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nauuso na ang ganitong superhero sandbox game..
From City of Heroes and Villians tapos Hulk, Spiderman at Crackdown tapos Prototype at Infamous

Sana ang Sucker Punch games ay kayang lampasan ang kanilang rivals/friends na Insomniac at Naughty Dog.....
**********CERTIFIED**********
..:♥(,`*•.¸( `*•.¸¸.•*´ )¸.•*´,)♥:..
...:♥`•.*:+:,:=XBOT=:,:+:*.•´♥:....
..:♥(,¸.•*´( ¸.•*´`*•.¸ )`*•.¸',)♥:..
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

its kinda funny to think nga silang tatlo parang nagcolloborate sa games nila like sharing technical info and stuff kung ganyan talagang maganda ito ^_^ learn lessons from RFOM, Ratchet, Uncharted = mega hit ^_^