[OT] Assassin's Creed Unity

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Cast and Crew

The Creative Director on ACU is Alex Amancio; who was also the Creative Director on ACR

The Lead Writer on ACU is Travis Stout; who was also the lead writer on State of Decay

ACU will have three composers: Chris Tilton, Sarah Schachner and Ryan Amon

Arno's voice actor is Dan Jeannotte

CO-OP

Seamless 2-4 player co-op

The skills and unique gear you acquire in solo missions will be accessible in co-op

You will also select one of four unique co-op skills that will help your team survive, evade or kill more effectively.

Full co-op support in the open world

There is a large incentive to replay the co-op missions with randomized enemies, alternate paths, and various tactical options that can lead you to new challenges, encounters, and rewards.

You are always playing Arno. When you’re playing co-op, you’re actually playing a memory of Arno performing a Brotherhood mission for the Assassin Brotherhood. From everybody’s perspective, they’re playing Arno

All co-op missions are optional, story based and can even be played solo. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved.

There will be at least eleven Brotherhood (co-op) missions

Customization

As you complete missions, you’ll earn skill points, which you’ll be able to spend upgrading your skills.

Unity includes different skill trees for stealth, combat and navigation; it’s up to you how you spend those points.

Confirmed available weapons: Spears, Axes, Swords, Pistols, muskets and the Phantom Blade

The skills and unique gear you acquire in solo missions will be accessible in co-op

There is a massive amount of customization options for Arno’s robes

Combat

The new combat system is based on skill, timing, and flow

Enemies are both smarter and tougher, but so is Arno. Button mashing will no longer work when facing a large crowd.

The instant, one button counter kill and kill streaks are both gone

The Phantom Blade, the new form of Hidden Blade which can also fire projectiles. It has two main modes, the instant kill bolt, and the berserker bolt (Which works the same as the berserker dart in ACIV). The Phantom Blade can also be helpful with causing a distraction, where a guard will go over to check a dead body

New combat moves include parry, dodge, tackle and heavy attack.

One skill tree will be devoted to combat

Confirmed available weapons: Spears, Axes, Swords, Pistols, muskets and the Phantom Blade

Stealth

The stealth system has had a complete overhaul

There is now a dedicated stealth mode, where at the press of a button, you crouch, move slower, are harder to detect and can cover against objects

Stealth mode is activated by pressing LB(On XB1) or L1(PS4)

When evading your pursuers it is vital you break the line of sight, they will search for you in your last known position

There is a new disguise skill

Open World/Side Missions

Full co-op support in the open world

Paris is, or is near a one to one scale

You can explore sewers and the famous catacombs of Paris

Solvable murders are spread throughout Paris

Paris stories missions

Nostradamus treasure hunt; You will use the database entries to help solve riddles left by Nostradamus

Dynamic events like participating in fights or chasing a thief are available in the open world

The new high ground feature allows you to see all the gameplay opportunities in the near by vicinity by simply being high up

There will no longer be guards patrolling the rooftops

There is no longer an automatic day/night cycle

One quarter of buildings are enterable

There is a max of 5,000 NPC’s on screen at once

Main Missions/Story

Arno grew up in Versailles and that is where the game will begin

Arno has French and Austrian heritage and joins the Assassins in 1789

There are two main categories of missions: Adaptive Mission Mechanic (AMM) and Blackbox

AMM missions give a theme and can change depending on what you do during a mission. For example, if you’re caught during a tailing sequence, it becomes a chase sequence. If you lose your target, it becomes a locate sequence.

Blackbox missions give you an area to explore, “create opportunities, and kill your target.”

You can replay missions and complete them in different ways.

When accepting a mission, you can see the difficulty of the mission on a scale of 1-5 stars, what friends are playing it, and, if it’s a Brotherhood (co-op) mission, the maximum number of players that are allowed.

Parkour changes

The parkour system has been overhauled, we now have the ability to parkour down as well as up just by the press of a different button.

You parkour up by holding A/X and RT/R2 and can parkour down by holding B/Circle and RT/R2

(middle-click image for corresponding video)

(middle-click for high-res current gen only bullshots :P )

:win:
GAMEONEGADGET EDITION

Parkour Up / Parkour Down if old.
#ALTAHI :mrgreen:

Original Thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=68865
Last edited by atabspunk on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Nice OT! I like that Guillotine edition, kaya lang hindi pa yata listed sa Uplay store...
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

Gaaaaah since Dragon Age Inquisition has been delayed to September, I don't have anything to pick up on October, other than Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, might as well pick this up
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
demonkazuya
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: demonkazuya

eto ang dahil kung bat ako kumuha ng ps4... hahaha excited na ako.. lalo na sa co-op
Currently playing

PS3: Assassins creed 3, PlayStation Allstars Battle Royal
PSV: PlayStation Allstars Battle Royal

psn:demonkazuya

(lets play.. add me up just put pinoyps on your invitation thanks)
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

how did I miss this

fantastic OT btw
jumpysmurf
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

Not disappointed that the release date is moved to nov 11, because that means more time to play Destiny :D
Playing both of my PS3 and PS4

Nishikino Maki!! ლ(´◉❥◉`ლ)
"Love Live!" obsession atm"

Lost My Memory!
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Hehe...ayos lang! More time to catch up with some back log. And at least mas maraming games to bridge the empty months for 2015. =)
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

With all the recent news regarding parity discussions... I do hope na sana eh hindi disappointing yung story nito, at sa tingin ko mukhang malabo magka-1080p patch kung di mag-ayos ang Ubisoft... :banghead: At dahil dun eh di hiram / second lang ito lolz! :fight:
bjva2k10
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: bjaiz28

halatang nabayadan talaga ang ubisoft. sila gumawa ng ganyan eh. na parity ang reason. :banghead:
US PSN ID: bjaiz28
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I thought watchdogs is only an exception. But AC wasn't spared to the parity issue... Ok, i'll be expecting every Ubi games in the future to get.... "Paritized".
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

MS is the one co-marketing the game, it would look bad if their version was worse
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

As long as it looks like Black Flag, I'm good.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

unfortunately BF is 1080p on the PS4
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

darkwing_uop wrote:unfortunately BF is 1080p on the PS4
kung yung parity exclusivity eh matapos (which i doubt)... maybe may 1080p patch? :lol:
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

But what about PC version? Is it spared from their Parity BS thing?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

deathzero23 wrote:But what about PC version? Is it spared from their Parity BS thing?
According to GAF, it is probably gimped :lol:
merboMVP
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: merboMVP

sana hindi magka problem servers nito kagaya ng driveclub. im planning to buy on day 1 :)
PSN ID: SaabMVP
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

merboMVP wrote:sana hindi magka problem servers nito kagaya ng driveclub. im planning to buy on day 1 :)
hmmm... baka uplay ang magka-isyu nito unless maayos at wala masyado naglalaro :mrgreen:
enma8910
Double Dragon
Double Dragon

Ilang days nalang :) na impulse buy ako dito kahit di ko pa tapos ang brotherhood at revelations lol