Assassin's Creed Unity

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

[Rumor] Assassin's Creed 5 protagonist leaked

http://www.psu.com/a022745/Assassins-Cr ... d----rumor

The protagonist for the next chapter in the Assassin’s Creed franchise has seemingly been leaked in a screenshot of the headquarters of Ubisoft Montreal.

Seen below, the individual is decked out in a hooded black uniform, and sports what appears to be a revolver in his right hand. The mysterious assassin doesn’t appear to be of any current character known to gamers, so we assume he’s from an upcoming title.

Of course, this is pure speculation at this point, though it certainly would make sense considering Assassin’s Creed 5 will surely get its formal reveal at some point in the near future.

Past games are usually given the reveal treatment in early spring, with leaks not uncommon prior to an official announcement -- could this be an early peak at ACV's stealthy hero?

Assassin’s Creed V is rumored to take place in a number of locations, from Victorian London, Feudal Japan and more recently, Russia.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Ganda. Mas maraming crowd.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

After watching this at the microsoft and ubisoft press cons at e3, i think this is the first time i'm excited to play assassins creed in a while
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

migs23 wrote:After watching this at the microsoft and ubisoft press cons at e3, i think this is the first time i'm excited to play assassins creed in a while
Captures my thoughts exactly, probably one of the highlights of the MS conference for me. Got me very interested in buying AC this year. Coop looked very fun!
steeps
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: steeps_US

Next gen as hell. DAT DETAIL. DAT CROWD ACTION. :D woke up to this earlier, and wished i could just sleep until Oct 28 and wake up to this. haha :D love the co-op. :D
PSN ID: steeps_US (US Account)
please drop by my gaming blog at http://theelectronicplayground.blogspot.com
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

Open na for pre-order sa Amazon, waiting for pre orders to open at best buy, I need to take advantage of the 20% Off new games para sa gamers unlocked members
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

The Assassin's Creed Unity Collector's Edition contains all the essential items for gamers to immerse themselves in the chaos and brutality of the French Revolution and make history. Along with a copy of the game, customers will receive:
Stunning 16-inch tall statue of Master Assassin Arno Dorian, leading the revolutionary charge
Fully functioning Assassin's Creed Unity wooden music box playing a remixed version of the theme song
Gorgeous art book showcasing never-before-seen concept art, original game soundtrack and Notre Dame Cathedral collector's edition showcase box
Two in-game missions containing over 45 minutes of extra gameplay: Killed by Science & Chemical Revolution

Now available for preorder! ;)
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

French Fries all over my 1080p face! :o
Hellfire.. Desire!
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The city of Paris in Assassin's Creed Unity will be the largest city in the series' history, the game's developers told me yesterday as we played the game and I grilled them with tons of questions.

Unity's Paris will be bigger than the combined island landmasses of Assassin's Creed IV. It's rendition of the famous Notre Dame cathedral is proportionally 1:1 with the real thing. So as you enter it as the assassin Arno, you should feel that the building is as big as it is in real life.

Level designer Bruno Saint Andre told me that a quarter of the game's buildings will have playable interiors, which is a massive increase from previous games.1

Creative director Alex Amancio promised that Paris' neighborhoods would feel more diverse, looking more distinct from region to region than we've seen in the cities of prior games.
- The game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved.
- There is no competitive multiplayer mode in Unity, the first time a big new AC will lack that since 2010's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
- There's a crouch button. Yay!
- There will be a modern section to the game as well, in some way starring "you." I'm not quite sure what that means, but they said it'd be different than Assassin's Creed IV, which had the player in the role of an unnamed employee of fictional (and Templar-aligned) Abstergo Entertainment.
- Amancio may have previously been the creative director of Assassin's Creed Revelations, but he promised me we would not be getting the return of that game's tower defense missions. Praise the lord.
//SOURCE: Kotaku

Yay more collectibles! :lol:
Wow... walang competitive multiplayer! :shock:
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

A new Assassin, a new setting, and a whole new way to play. Assassin’s Creed Unity is the next generation of Assassin’s Creed, redefining the series for new-gen consoles and PC. After seeing the game in action at the E3 2014 press conferences (if you missed those, check the UbiBlog for all the videos), you’re probably hungry for more info on Unity. We pulled back the hood to get a quick look at what’s in store for gamers when Assassin’s Creed Unity releases on October 28 – but keep in mind that this is just a small taste of what’s to come. Here are the 10 essential things you need to know right now.

1. Everything Is New

Assassin’s Creed Unity isn’t just an iteration on the previous Assassin’s Creed. This game has been rebuilt from the ground up specifically for the next-generation of consoles and the latest PCs. “Because of these new-gen consoles, this is the first time that we can fundamentally change a lot of the core mechanics and a lot of the stuff under the hood in terms of engine, game mechanics and actual game structure,” says Creative Director Alex Amancio. “So this is what Unity is. It’s not a reboot. It is a reinvention of Assassin’s Creed for this next generation.”

2. Including the Parkour…

One of the biggest changes: the ability to navigate down a building. Previously, you’d climb up a building, race across the rooftops, then find a convenient haystack for a leap of faith, landing safely on the ground below. “We wanted to avoid having haystacks all over the place and doing that special move all the time,” says Senior Producer Vincent Pontbriand. “Controlled descent is more exciting. It also allows you to do things that are different each time. This also adds to the sense of joy of being free and doing whatever you want.”

You’ll need that extra freedom of movement, as the buildings are now all designed at a 1:1 scale. Acrophobics, beware: You’ll really feel that height when you’re standing atop Notre Dame, staring out over the city.

And that’s just a small taste of how navigation has been overhauled. The way an Assassin will move through Paris will be radically different than in previous games – but we’ll have more on that later.

3. …And the Stealth…

From how the enemies react when they spot you, to how you sneak around Paris, stealth gets a full makeover. That includes a new stealth stance, which changes how Arno moves and alters how he sees the world. In fact, stealth is once again at the center of the experience, thanks to some radical changes to the gameplay. After all, as Amancio says, “Assassin’s Creed is first and foremost a social stealth game. You’re an Assassin. You shouldn’t be Rambo.”

4. …And the Combat

Speaking of Rambo, when it comes to combat the team went back to the original core values of the game – but then executed everything on a next-gen level. “We actually made combat a little bit harder than before,” Pontbriand says. “The Assassin is still a very, very strong fighter. He can easily dispatch an individual or a couple of guards or enemies. But we also wanted the game to be a little bit more realistic.”

Enemies are both smarter and tougher, but so is the Assassin. Button mashing will no longer work when facing a large crowd. A savvy Assassin will have to rely on a combination of stealth, planning and all the tools at his disposal to handle certain situations. “It’s more fun because there are more tactics involved,” Pontbriand promises.

5. Mission Uncontrol

Mission structure has also changed. Or, to put it more directly: missions no longer have a set structure. In previous games, you’d be given a defined set of goals. You’d achieve them, or you’d start over – either at the beginning of the mission or at an appropriate checkpoint. Assassin’s Creed Unity introduces something called Adaptive Mission Mechanic (AMM) – which is exactly what it sounds like.

To explain AMM, Amancio lays out a typical scenario from previous games. Let’s say you’re tailing a Templar target; if you get spotted, the mission might be over. That’s no longer the case. “We’ve opted for a different philosophy where we won’t tell you Tail this guy,” Amancio says. “We’ll just maybe tell you Figure out where he’s going.” That means you can tail him if you like – and if you get spotted, the tail could turn into a chase. If you lose him altogether, your goal switches to locating your target. If a riot happens to break out and your target is killed, then you can loot his body to, say, find a letter that tells you where he’s going. “So it’s really up to the player to figure out how he’s going to do this,” Amancio says.

Of course, there’s much more to AMM than this. It’ll never be as simple as choosing the easiest path (i.e., killing every target and looting their bodies) because that could have serious repercussions in the world. “If a guy is missing, maybe they’re going to double up patrols in your next mission. So there’s a risk. It evens itself out.”

6. Say Hello to Arno

Every Assassin finds his way into the Creed in his own way. For Arno Dorian, his journey is about redemption. “Arno was witness to a great loss,” Amancio says. “He feels responsible for that. He feels that he could have prevented it, and he didn’t.” So Arno seeks out the Assassins in the hopes of acquiring the means to prevent the corruption that hurt him from hurting other people.

Of course, that’s just the first layer of the story. Amancio promises that there are multiple layers to Arno’s tale – but we’ll have to wait a little longer to learn more about this intriguing new Assassin.

7. Paris Bound

Assassin’s Creed Unity is set in Paris during the French Revolution – one of the bloodiest, most chaotic periods in world history. This was also a time that set the stage for the modern era, changing everything that came afterward.

But history lesson aside, Paris during the French Revolution was also a bustling, dense city, with amazing architecture and a diverse population. There are various factions in the world, groups of people who will interact with each other – and who the player can use to his advantage. And there are moments when you might see crowds of up to 5,000 NPCs on screen, as opposed to 150 or so that you might find at maximum in previous games.

Assassin’s Creed Unity also introduces interiors. Yes, you can enter buildings throughout the city – some of which will be simple interiors, with others being fully decked out settings for missions. “It’s a game-changer for us,” Pontbriand says. “You can explore Paris inside and out.”

And under. The catacombs of Paris will also be available for players to explore.

8. Slay Together

Along with the single-player experience, Assassin’s Creed Unity also let’s up to four players join up and take on story-driven missions within their game world. “Each mission is a self-contained story, which means that we picked different really cool elements of the French Revolution and built a huge systemic mission around it,” Amancio says. And each of these missions can be played multiple times, tackled in multiple ways, offering a different experience depending on how many of your Brotherhood join, and how they’re customized…

9. Choose Your Own Assassin

…Yes, customized. “We have a fully customizable Assassin, who can evolve over the course of the game,” Pontbriand says. “So as you complete missions, you’ll earn skill points, which you’ll be able to spend upgrading your skills.” Unity includes different skill trees for stealth, combat and navigation; it’s up to you how you spend those points. And you can also further customize your Assassin with different gear, offering even more diversity in how you play. This customization fully crosses over from the single-player to the co-op and back again.

BONUS! Present Day

Yes, there will be a present day – but we’re not talking about it yet. We did, however, get one tasty tidbit out of Amancio. “It’s very different than anything you’ve seen in any of the past games,” he says. “Black Flag was different. This is more different.”
//ANIMUS SOURCE: Ubisoft Blog

Yehey, I'm a happy assassin!

Hoping for more interiors... but deym, sana gandahan nila yung catacombs, boring nung underground sa ACIII eh haha!
5000 NPC's... next-gen is here! :bigmouth:

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nice thread! Lots of info!
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:Nice thread! Lots of info!
Thanks serr!

Dagdag info
Apparently walang option to play a female :sweat: maybe DLC / Season Pass na lang yun. :mrgreen:
http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/11/ubisoft ... ble-women/
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Sana yung figure maganda yung build. Either way though, I have to get it para makumpleto yung collection... ^_^*
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Left to right: Chuck Norris, Jake Gyllenhaal, Keanu Reeves, Oded Fehr

Mawawala siguro ang "sexiness" ng mga female assassins kung male animation pa rin ang gagamitin sa traversal mechanics nito.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ oo serr, afaik eh yung animation daw ni aveline sa black flag ps4 bonus misyon eh same lang daw ng animation sila ni connor, harrharr!
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hmmm never played AC before.. Actually I'm planning to try it out. Pero upon checking, ang daming AC games.
Anong AC ang canon and really required to play? May Bundle pack na ba sa PS3 yung AC1,2 & 3? How much na lang siya ngayon?

Do I need to play AC Brotherhood or yung Revelations, other non-numerical AC games?
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

^ There's a Heritage Collection which bundles every Assassin's Creed game to date (except for IV, which is the best IMO). Honestly, I stopped paying attention to the greater canon since it has become a convoluted mess. I'm more interested in the individual stories of the Assassin ancestors themselves.

They're gonna fix the tailing missions! Confirmed to be best Assassin's Creed game so far? :cheer:
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Lahat ng AC games sa consoles at handheld canon. Tama ba altahi? :lol: