The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Nintendo has announced The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will be released in October 2013!
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

This game looks and plays great on the GameCube. I'm kinda tempted to get this game. Double dip. :sweat:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...at 1080p daw to. wala lang akong balak bumili ng wiiu pero sa mga meron sarap nyan laruin. :win:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

This game is one of the reasons why i got a wii u
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

http://kotaku.com/streamlined-triforce- ... -513413716

Streamlined Triforce Quest, No New Dungeons For Wind Waker Remake

Nintendo's longtime chief of all things Zelda, Eiji Aonuma says the development team on the Wii U remake of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker will not be adding content to their remake of the open-ocean 2002 GameCube classic. But you will be making some.

"My main goal in making Wind Waker HD was to stay true to the original and really balance the game," Aonuma told me yesterday in an interview room in Nintendo's booth at E3. (We also talked about the upcoming 3DS Zelda, A Link Between Worlds.) "When we released the GameCube version we weren’t able to fully do that and make the adjustments I felt were necessary to optimize the experience. So there will be no new content, but overall gameplay should be improved."

That "no new content" pledge means that the two so-called cut dungeons from the original Wind Waker won't be completed and added for this fall's HD remake.

"I think when the GameCube version of Wind Waker was released I might have said that I cut some dungeons, but what I was actually meaning to say was that there was a lot of frustration on my part, because there was a lot of content that I couldn’t include that I wanted to.

"As for the overall balance of the game, in terms of number of dungeons and amount of content, I think it’s just right. But the one thing that I am trying to improve in Wind Waker HD is some of the process of getting to [some] places took too long. You would travel for a long time, and the payoff would not be there."

To help players get the game's hero, Link, to the corners of Wind Waker HD's vast seas more quickly, the re-release offers gamers the chance to get a better sail for their boat that greatly speeds travel.

Aonuma's crew is also re-doing the game's notorious Triforce quest, which had players of the original sailing from one end of the map to the other to collect pieces of the magical Triforce artifact before getting to the end-game.

"As for the Triforce quest, it was basically a process of finding maps and then following that map to another location," he recalled, "but I think what some people didn’t like is that sometimes you would find a map and it would take you to another map. It was a series of steps you had to take in order to get to the Triforce. Maybe people felt like they were getting the runaround a little bit.

"I thought that whole process of adventuring was kind of fun, but it also did take a while to get to some of the maps.

"We’re planning on streamlining that a little bit. Maybe you’ll get a map, and it’ll lead you to the Triforce and then you’ll get it and move on to the next one. The longer it took to get to your destination, the more disconnected, I think, the players felt. It’s not that we’re cutting out all of those steps, but we will streamline them."

Balance. Streamline. Trim. And then there's the part where you come in. The HD Wind Waker is connected to the Miiverse message-sharing social network built into the Wii U. Players will be able to use the Miiverse's drawing and typing interfaces to leave messages to other players of the game. The messages will show up in The Wind Waker HD as bottles. The bottles may wash up on the short of an island or may appear in dungeons. Maybe a crab dropped them off indoors, Aonuma joked.

The bottle-based hint system might appear to complete a loop of influence. Old sword-and-magic Zelda games were full of secrets that players had to tell each other about during school recess or over the early Internet. The recent secret-filled sword-and-magic Demon's Souls and Dark Souls games modernized that experience by letting players leave messages for each other within their primarily single-player adventures. The Wind Waker would seem to borrow that idea back, though Aonuma said he hasn't played the Souls games.

I mentioned to him how interesting it is to know that some players in the Souls games leave fake hints that are designed to trick and trap you.

"We’re going to make it possible to maybe only get bottles from people who are close to you," Aonuma said, "but certainly there will be people who leave less helpful information. That too is part of the experience of interacting with others. My hope is just that lots of people leave bottles."

Given that the Miiverse lets users write and draw anything (with the caveat that the Miiverse is moderated), one can imagine players adding a lot of humor, artistry or even insights into the game, not just hints. I could even see people adding small pieces of fiction that expand the story. It'll be fascinating to see.

The Wind Waker HD will be out on the Wii U in October.
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Available for download na ang digital version ng Wind Waker HD sa Wii U eshop :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
PS4 PRO 1tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Siliconera's review

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/29/wi ... -waker-hd/

The Wii U GamePad Brings Out The Best In Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

In an interview with Eurogamer back around E3 2013, Eiji Aonuma, long-time Director and Producer of the Zelda franchise, addressed concerns that fans have had about the infamous structure of The Wind Waker’s main quest since its release in 2002: “If it felt like there were maybe too few dungeons, then I feel that what was wrong with the GameCube version was the pacing.”

The focus of The Wind Waker HD’s many amendments, then, was to make the time you spend outside of and between dungeons feel more or less equal to the time you actually spend in them. A long list of new conveniences makes this vision a reality: a swift sail that always puts a favorable wind at your back, sped-up animations for the crane & Wind Waker, and some leniency with how far you can be from a glowing circle to successfully retrieve a sunken treasure chest.

Even the “triumph-forks” quest—a multi-faceted fetch quest that encourages you to explore every corner of The Wind Waker’s boundless sea—seems to have benefited from the game’s quickened pace. Even so, despite its beautiful new HD makeover, if you’ve played the Gamecube version of the game, then The Wind Waker HD will feel very, very familiar (perhaps even watered down). It’s supposed to.

Ultimately, it isn’t about recreating what you experience in the game, but recreating how you experience it. Nintendo has always tried to create new experiences through innovative hardware, and The Wind Waker HD and the Wii U GamePad are a good example of this.

The Wii U GamePad puts you at the helm of your adventure—literally and figuratively. One of the reasons the original Wind Waker felt so sluggish is because you had to navigate several menu screens to view your map and various treasure charts. The GamePad does away with this, allowing you to directly interact with all of your navigation materials on the touch screen.

In short, the GamePad helps you feel like a veritable cartographer. Pouring over maps deciding which regions you’ll explore next, comparing the squares you’ve filled out to the treasure charts you’ve amassed throughout your adventure, and re-examining the hearsay given to you by well-travelled fish on the great sea all come together to create an unbridled sense of adventure.

That is not to say that the 2002 version didn’t evoke that same kind of adventurous spirit—all the charm characteristic of the Zelda franchise is alive and well. After all, it’s simply reorganized it into a more fitting and user-friendly interface. For people who are experiencing the game for the first time, this new sense of generational awareness will help to make it will feel like it was built from the ground up for the Wii U.

For a time, I thought that The Wind Waker would be the least likely contender for an HD remake, but I have come to realize why it may have been the most fitting. Sure, the state of the market, Nintendo’s desire to continue its legacy, and the Wii U’s sluggish sales are all obvious justifications for a re-release, but more than any other Zelda game, The Wind Waker seems best suited to the Wii U’s features, and the Wii U brings out the best parts of The Wind Waker.

Food For Thought:

Alright, I’m abandoning the bullet-and-number system here to talk about something often overlooked in conversations about The Wind Waker, and that’s how brilliantly the map was designed. Despite being a relatively open-world game, there is still an obvious and very natural sense of direction about it.

For example, right after you get the ability to warp across the map, you need to visit the forsaken fortress, positioned in the farthest northwestern corner of the map. The two squares you’d naturally warp to are the two closest to it. The square you naturally warp to first is the Mother and Child Isle. Doing this will land Link and the King of Red Lions in a fountain belonging to the queen of the great fairies, who will tell you to come and see here once you have someone important to protect – a detail crucial to finishing a quest later in the game.

The second closest square features a curious totem-pole tower belonging to the mysterious… uh, fairy, Tingle, whose small plot of land in this square is appropriately named Tingle Island. If you’ve released him from his cell in Windfall Island’s prison, he’ll offer translation services for charts that you can’t read. He plays a crucial role in the latter half of the game, and it sets you up for success long before you need to know that.

The game is also generous with rupees. Nine times out of ten, when you pull up a chest from a glowing circle you catch dancing across the surface of the sea, you’ll find a purple rupee. These stack up quickly, and your wallet will be full before you know it. Pots found in the latter half of the game will easily yield 50-100 rupees. The game was designed knowing what it’s asked the player to do.

This doesn’t help the latter half of the game from feeling rushed, or the Capcom-inspired Ganon’s Tower from feeling lazy, but I feel it’s at least important to mention that the Triforce quest was subtly built into the entirety of the game.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/29/wi ... 0awQqW3.99
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ang ganda ng pagkaremake nito, pati music remastered :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
PS4 PRO 1tb
Xbox One S 2tb