[OT] Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

With Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar have tried to re-imagine the open world game in a number of ways. The game world is beautiful, massive and diverse. A sprawling, satirical re-imagining of modern Southern California. Covering mountains and oceans, expensive stores, and strip malls. Urban decay, and untouched wilderness. Beaches and backwoods. The sublime and the ridiculous. Greed, and hypocrisy. - female Narrator in the Official Gameplay Trailer
Platform: Playstation 3
Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Release dates: NA September 17, 2013 - Jap October 10, 2013 - GTA Online October 1, 2013
Engine: RAGE
Rated: M for Mature
Players: 1 Single Player - 16 GTA Online

Official Site
http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Announcement

Grand Theft Auto V also known as GTA 5 or GTA V, is an upcoming Rockstar North video game.
It is the fifteenth instalment in the Grand Theft Auto series.

Announced on October 25, 2011, the game's first trailer was released on November 2, 2011, at 4:00 PM GMT. The game was initially slated for a Spring 2013 release, but was pushed to September 17th the same year. Then, on July 15, 2013, Rockstar announced the Japanese release date for the game: October 10, 2013, almost a month after it will be released in the west.

Grand Theft Auto V is to be set in modern-day Los Santos and its surrounding areas and tells the stories of three protagonists: Michael, Franklin and Trevor.

The Characters

Three playable protagonists - Michael, Franklin and Trevor may live in different parts of town, have their own issues, attitudes, lifestyles, desires and goals - but they do know how to work together. They also each have their own unique skillsets to bring to the table when it's time to get the job done.

Michael

He's a veteran bank robber, and an expert with the kind of knowledge that only comes from years as a successful career criminal. Now retired and living comfortably in an unofficial sort of witness protection, Michael's not without his own problems though - he has a wife who can't stop spending money and two spoiled kids he doesn't understand at all. Michael made it out and got everything he wanted, and he's still miserable.

Trailer Quotes

"I want to be a good dad, love my family and live the dream. But
at the same time, I really want the other stuff too."
- Michael talking to his therapist (from the Michael Character Trailer)

Michael: I'm rich, I'm miserable... I'm pretty average for this town.

Michael's Therapist: I think you need a new therapist. - Michael talking to his therapist (from the Michael Character Trailer)

Franklin

A former street gangster now looking for real opportunities and serious money, Franklin works as a repo man for an Armenian luxury car dealership that runs scams on ambitious young hotshots with new money, selling them expensive cars they can’t afford. When they can’t make their payments but want to keep their cars, it’s Franklin’s job to get them back.

Trailer Quotes
You can't repo the assets of a dead man, b**ch-sittin' cheap a**hole!

Lamar: I'm gettin' my money in the hood, I'm cool.

Franklin: Cool what, slangin' dope and throwin' up gang signs? - Franklin arguing with his friend Lamar (from GTA V 2nd Trailer)

Franklin: So you givin' me a lecture about not being a good enough gang-banger?

Lamar: That's all we got! That's our heritage! - (from Franklin Character Trailer)
Trevor

Did I ever tell you about Trevor?

Not interested in living by anyone else’s rules, Trevor's a habitual drug user and extremely volatile individual that's prone to destructive outbursts and violent rampages. A former criminal colleague of Michael's from long ago - the less that's said about him the better.

Trailer Quotes
I'm new in town and making friends, all right... A lot of friends, I mean, things could get really messy! - Talking to Michael and Franklin (from Trevor Character Trailer)

Trevor: Floyd! Massage!

Floyd: Oh, uh, n-n-no, I really don't...

Trevor: Do you want me to get my di** out again? (from Trevor Character Trailer)
The World

The world of Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of GTA IV, San Andreas, and Red Dead Redemption combined, with room to spare. Grand Theft Auto V combines the best of both GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption, giving players the largest open-world playground in Rockstar history with a huge and diverse city serving as the epicenter. Locations include beachfronts, wine country, a large wilderness area surrounding a fully explorable Mt. Chiliad, a region modeled after the Salton Sea called the Alamos Sea, a military base, and of course the sprawling suburban hills leading up to the bustling urban center of Los Santos. Bring your scuba equipment, too, because you can even explore the fully detailed ocean floor along the Los Santos coastline.

Gameplay

Grand Theft Auto V evolves nearly every mechanic that were in the previous Grand Theft Auto games. As far as driving goes, the cars have been greatly improved, with Rockstar running more physics on them. The cars even hold to the ground a bit better and the mechanics feel more like a racing game, compared to Grand Theft Auto IV's rocky, boat-like handling system. The shooting mechanics will be better in terms of the feel of the mechanics and bigger compared to the melee mechanics in the game, but that doesn't mean that the melee combat won't be fun, as it as been improved over the previous titles as well. It has also been confirmed that this will be the first Grand Theft Auto game that has a fully-fledged ecosystem.

Features 'Recreational Activity'

The open world of Grand Theft Auto V is not just massive in scale, but will offer more to get into than ever before. For recreation, play a bit of golf or tennis, zen out with some yoga or cycle through the countryside... For adrenaline heads, parachute over the city, or customize your Cheetah and take it to the streets to race suckers for money... Or earn cash the old fashioned way, by taking it - whether by ripping off liquor stores or by buying and taking over businesses that will earn you dividends... Even minding your own business having a stroll you may meet one of Los Santos' weirdos, junkies, drunkies, or starlets and find yourself off on a wild misadventure you never expected...

There are many unique features in the game, one of those features is that when the players are playing as one of three protagonists in the game, the other two are living out their daily lives, and you will be surprised by what you find the characters doing when you switch back into them. Another unique feature is the swapping characters feature happens in a Google Earth styled manner and was displayed during a Game Informer demo, which it showed to have ran smoothly and without lag.

New activities have also been added, such as yoga, triathlons, jet skiing, base-jumping, tennis, a full-fledged golf, and scuba diving. The mobile phone has also returned but will only be used for calling your friends and using the internet. Flipping off people is another new feature the player can use (which Rockstar recommended you do in various locations around Los Santos to see the outcome of this effect, depending on where the player is at they will get different reactions from pedestrians).

Rockstar has also made changes to the pedestrian mechanics; some pedestrians you see at the bus stops in South Los Santos will reappear in Rockford Hills working on rich peoples' lawns and gardens. Some minor mechanics that help out the environment and looks of Los Santos will come on at certain times, such as a sprinklers system coming on in the morning in rich areas like Rockford Hills.

One of the greatest gameplay effects seen so far is that the engines on planes can blow vehicles back, using the force of their powerful engines.

GTA Online

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

DLC region-compatibility

A post on the Rockstar Support page advises fans against buying discs from other regions as it will result in issues when pre-order bonuses and DLC come to be played.

"It is generally recommended that you buy and play games that are designated for your country to avoid potential problems with DLC region-compatibility," it reads.

"For example, a North American PS3 GTAV disc (BLUS31156 code on spine of box), Japanese PS3 GTAV disc or Asian PS3 disc (BLAS 50639 code on spine of box for Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan. BLKS20442 for Korea) will play on a European PlayStation®3 console.

"However, if you live in Europe (where the GTAV disc code is BLES01807) you will likely have a European PSN account that will not be able to redeem a US pre-order code, and will only be able to download Region 2 (European) DLC, incompatible with non-European discs."

Screenshots/Art Work

Trailers

1st Trailer (Nov. 2, 2011)

Official Trailer #2 (Nov. 14, 2012)

Michael. Franklin. Trevor. Character Trailer (April 13, 2013)

Official Gameplay Video (July 9, 2013)

Grand Theft Auto Online: Official Gameplay Video (August 15, 2013)

Reviews
N/A

PS4 OT thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=68946
Spoiler thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=65737
Clan thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=65898
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Sony Apologizes Over GTA V Leak; Game Confirmed to Have Gone Gold
Earlier this weekend, assets for Grand Theft Auto V were made available to everyone in Europe who had pre-ordered the digital copy of the game on the PlayStation Network. It didn’t take long for them to plow through the files and start posting the game’s new assets and possible spoilers on websites and forums around the web.

Sony quickly stepped in to fix the error and has now issued an apology to both Rockstar Games and consumers:

Regrettably, some people who downloaded the digital pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V through the PlayStation Store in Europe were able to access certain GTA V assets. These assets were posted online. We have since removed the digital pre-order file from the PlayStation Store in Europe. We sincerely apologize to Rockstar and GTA fans across the world who were exposed to the spoiler content. GTA V is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year with a very passionate following, and we’re looking forward to a historic launch on September 17.

Amongst the leaked files include the soundtrack of the game and other story reveals. So far I haven’t come across any major spoilers but one can never be too careful.

In other news Rockstar has confirmed Grand Theft Auto V to have gone gold. The game is now fully complete in terms of development and will soon start shipping out to retailers.
GONE GOLD :cheer:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

awesome [OT] z3ken :) add more MP info and it will be more awesome :)
rkobenjo
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: rkobenjo_04

Thanks for the whole recap of infos sir zeken!

Shame on the people who hacked the pre-order version. I didn't want to be spoiled, so didn't search for the leaked content.
Bad call on part of Rockstar. :facepalm:

But will be IMO "the greatest game in this generation". :win:
I hear voices in my head
They council me
They understand
They talk to me...

PSN ID: rkobenjo_04 (US)
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ingat ingat na rin ako sa interwebz... kasi medyo na spoil na sa akin ang artists, songs and radio stations eh. As the game slowly nearly approaches and Sept. arrives, i will slowly go to media blackout mode...
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

once i get to know what the controls are, how the character switching works and a bit of roaming around(ya it's going to be hard to stop myself doing that), i will go to story mode agad... actually looking forward to it. :)
Funkyhunk_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Funkyhunk_

Wag magpapadala sa hype mga boys. Remember gta4? That game was SHET

Lets just hope this one delivers
PSN ID: funkyhunk69
Socom Player
"Alone I am lethal. As a team, I dominate. Feel my presence."

Maximize your PS3!!!
click here
http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18523
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Funkyhunk_ wrote:Wag magpapadala sa hype mga boys. Remember gta4? That game was SHET

The game wasn't sh*t imo, it could be your opinion, but that doesn't make it fact for everyone. A lot of this opinion that GTA 4 sucked was a result of a lot of the gaming community jumping off the band wagon and everyone believing in what other people thought. I played that game from start to finish and although it wasn't the best GTA, it certainly wasn't as bad as people seemed to exaggerate. Also it wasn't as good as initial review scores suggested, but that doesn't mean it was 'sh*t'.

Besides, what part of the gameplay trailer suggests that this game isn't going to be good? My biggest complaint from GTA IV was that the shooting didn't feel solid, and that customization was toned down a bit. The gameplay video showed a more functional shooter (Max Payne 3 mechanics) along with more customization options. So as far as hype train goes, I'm all aboard.
Funkyhunk_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

A somewhat sh*t game is still the same sh*t. Remember when 4 came out everyone was like omg superganda. I even waited for 6 hours sa greenhills and bought it for 4.5k that day sa potang rockfire na yun. Then after awhile when the hype settled down the game's TRUE REVIEWS came out. 4 was an extremely boring game from start to finish with a crappy story and by all means should have been properly reviewed as a 7.5 at most game. That is just my opinion anyways

I dont see anything different from 5 based on trailers(same godfather like mumbo jumbo) aside from good customization and better gunplay mechanics. Tapos mukang wala rin difference sa multiplayer

Im just saying wag magpadala sa hype. Set your standards LOW para hindi madisappoint haha

Nainis lang ako kasi sobrang OA ang hype nito multiple threads parang Forum SPAM na nangyari.
Socom Player

Maximize your PS3!!!
click here
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

7.5 is still a good game.

Let's reserve the term "crappy" for games that score 4 or less.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Funkyhunk_ wrote:Wag magpapadala sa hype mga boys. Remember gta4? That game was SHET

SHET? PROVE IT. it may be sh*t to you but to me it's not. Opinions. At least give a valid reason/s why it's "sh*t"
i'm sorry you didn't like it/hate it or whatever, but i don't care, i loved it.

Is it "sh*t" because it's not gta san andreas fun?, as most people around the world say?

i respect your opinion as others opinions but c'mon calling it SHET is... over the top/below the belt... invalid.
Funkyhunk_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Below the belt? Haha no need to prove anything. Baka mahurt ka lang, lets end it at that
Socom Player

Maximize your PS3!!!
click here
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Funkyhunk_ wrote:Below the belt? Haha no need to prove anything. Baka mahurt ka lang, lets end it at that
No need to prove anything?, or it's just an excuse because you have no valid reason/s why you're calling it sh*t?

Me hurt?, no. Why would i bother at getting hurt when i know naturally that people have different respectable opinion, i have an open mind.

See, you don't even have even one single reason why you call it "sh*t".

In a video game when negatives/not good things outweigh the positives/good things about it that's when you call a game "fail/bad" or as your vocabulary say it - sh*t - when worse comes to worse.

i even wonder if you have the guts to tell R* personally on their face, "are you one of the people who made this game?, know what, it's sh*t"
Funkyhunk_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Akala ko ba you dont care? Seems like you care. How contradicting. NERD
Socom Player

Maximize your PS3!!!
click here
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

haha, sh*t daw gta4. PROVE it. PROVE it. Explain why it's sh*t.

GTA4 = SHET :lol:
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

And yes i'm proud and happy to be a NERD :cheer:
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

4,5 = sh*t game :lol:
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

IMO walang kwenta ang GTA4, pero hyped na hyped parin ako dito and I think this game will deliver! :2thumbs: :agree: :win:
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

skp_16 wrote:IMO walang kwenta ang GTA4, pero hyped na hyped parin ako dito and I think this game will deliver! :2thumbs: :agree: :win:
:( Walang kwenta? Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Other people say gta4 was a "practice" game, because it's R*'s first game on a new ps3, to get to know the ps3's capabilities.

Hype! Yes the expectations are there automatically because of hype, it's the hype's fault :mrgreen:

And yes looks like this game will deliver, nothing is perfect but it looks great so far.

At least it will be not as "SH*T" as gta4 :bigmouth:
Acid Rhain
♫Scandalism♫
PSN ID: kuroahme

agree din ako walang kwenta ang story ang GTA IV, pero hindi naman siya ganun ka shet haha
Now Playing: Persona 5
PSN: kuroahme
Origin: acidrhain
Steam: acidrhain
3DS FC: 0361-6737-8256