Need For Speed Rivals

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/23/need- ... -november/

Powered by Frostbite 3, Rivals aims to utilize the power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to give players "the freedom to seamlessly go from single player to co-op to multiplayer." A press release for the game notes the next-gen version will be available both "later this year" and "this November," giving players a good idea of the launch window for Microsoft and Sony's upcoming consoles.

Need for Speed Rivals transports players to the fictitious Redview County, an open-world environment where players can take on the role as either street racer or police officer. Like Most Wanted before it, racers aim to become the most infamous person behind the wheel, while cops attempt to work together to drive the area's high-risk inhabitants off the road. Players can personalize the experience with custom license plates, paint, liveries decals and rims, and performance upgrades.

Current-generation consoles will also join the rivalry – powered by its own version of Frostbite 3 – on November 19. Though it was not mentioned in the press release announcing Need for Speed Rivals, Ghost Games executive producer Marcus Nilsson confirmed to Joystiq a PC version is also in the works. No release date for that version was revealed. Beyond ushering in another installment of the racing series, Ghost and Criterion's mission is to put Frostbite 3's next-gen ability on center stage – an engine not built from the ground up, but an enhanced iteration of DICE's previous platform.

"What's really great with the Frostbite 3 framework is that it's really scalable," Nilsson said of the engine's ability to perform on current-generation consoles. "Battlefield 3 was built on Frostbite 2, but with really high capabilities. Going to Frostbite 3, it's not like it's a brand new engine. We've been developing that engine," Nilsson adds. Noting how EA's latest internal engine of choice has become an iterative component throughout development, Nilsson added his team has "had an engine from day one to start building upon."

Utilizing an evolved engine is "very essential to having to build the high-quality games that people see," Nilsson said, because "it takes less time to use this engine, for instance, than it took to use Frostbite 1 or Frostbite 2."
z3kEn
Momento Mori

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/23/need- ... -november/

Powered by Frostbite 3, Rivals aims to utilize the power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to give players "the freedom to seamlessly go from single player to co-op to multiplayer." A press release for the game notes the next-gen version will be available both "later this year" and "this November," giving players a good idea of the launch window for Microsoft and Sony's upcoming consoles.

Need for Speed Rivals transports players to the fictitious Redview County, an open-world environment where players can take on the role as either street racer or police officer. Like Most Wanted before it, racers aim to become the most infamous person behind the wheel, while cops attempt to work together to drive the area's high-risk inhabitants off the road. Players can personalize the experience with custom license plates, paint, liveries decals and rims, and performance upgrades.

Current-generation consoles will also join the rivalry – powered by its own version of Frostbite 3 – on November 19. Though it was not mentioned in the press release announcing Need for Speed Rivals, Ghost Games executive producer Marcus Nilsson confirmed to Joystiq a PC version is also in the works. No release date for that version was revealed. Beyond ushering in another installment of the racing series, Ghost and Criterion's mission is to put Frostbite 3's next-gen ability on center stage – an engine not built from the ground up, but an enhanced iteration of DICE's previous platform.

"What's really great with the Frostbite 3 framework is that it's really scalable," Nilsson said of the engine's ability to perform on current-generation consoles. "Battlefield 3 was built on Frostbite 2, but with really high capabilities. Going to Frostbite 3, it's not like it's a brand new engine. We've been developing that engine," Nilsson adds. Noting how EA's latest internal engine of choice has become an iterative component throughout development, Nilsson added his team has "had an engine from day one to start building upon."

Utilizing an evolved engine is "very essential to having to build the high-quality games that people see," Nilsson said, because "it takes less time to use this engine, for instance, than it took to use Frostbite 1 or Frostbite 2."
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Need for Speedâ„¢ Rivals | Teaser Trailer
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Need for Speedâ„¢ Rivals | Teaser Trailer
konohateam7
Ace Combat
Ace Combat
PSN ID: (HK) konohateam7

Ferrari is back!!! Day one purchase for me. :cheer: :2thumbs:
Live, Long, Play

PSN ID: konohateam7
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

What I really wanted for the NFS franchise is to make a revive the Underground series. With the power current gen consoles, Vast car customizations is gonna be almost limitless.

I miss the dark long night street racing... The Underground series imho is the what made the NFS series more famous.
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

I haven't played NFS since underground and most wanted. Sana ma e balik nito
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1306/game130603d.shtml

Here are some new images of EA's open world racing game Need for Speed: Rivals, the game will be coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on Nov 19; and late 2013 for PS4 and Xbox One.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1306/game130603d.shtml

Here are some new images of EA's open world racing game Need for Speed: Rivals, the game will be coming to PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on Nov 19; and late 2013 for PS4 and Xbox One.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Honestly I wanted EA to revive the Underground series.. Though medjo maganda naman yung Most Wanted 2 in terms of graphics. Nakulangan ako sa gameplay at lifespan ng MW2. Ni walang wide car customization feature e, mainam pa yung naunang most wanted kahit body kits lang.

Is it hard for them to bring back Underground? Masyadong fixated ang NFS franchise sa mga Exotic Cars but i'm not saying it's a bad thing. Minsan kasi nakakasawa na rin.

An NFS game with combination of Underground & Most Wanted 1/Carbon features is for me the best...
feeling ko itong Rivals baka mala-Most Wanted 2012 lang
iandavidvinoya
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: ianvinoya

deathzero23 wrote:What I really wanted for the NFS franchise is to make a revive the Underground series. With the power current gen consoles, Vast car customizations is gonna be almost limitless.

I miss the dark long night street racing... The Underground series imho is the what made the NFS series more famous.
^Agree ako dito. Underground 1 & 2 for me is the best in the series. AStig yung customization tsaka you can feel the thrill tara sa "dark long night" illegal street racing. ;)
Playing
PS4: Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age: Inquisition

US PSN: ianvinoya < PS4 and PSVita
HK PSN: iandavidvinoya < PS3
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^well they can incorporate some elements from Most Wanted/Carbon. Walang mountain drift sa Underground at limitado ang customization option sa MW & Carbon.

Sa Underground my hydrolics pa sa ilalim at pwedeng pormahan ng sound system yung trunk sa likod. Ang wala naman sa wala naman sa underground eh yung Police Chases na meron sa MW & Carbon.

Baka maging MW2 lang itong Rivals.. masyado silang fixated sa exotic and luxury sports cars.
iandavidvinoya
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: ianvinoya

^kaya nga eh. samantalang ang dadaming sports/tuner ng japanese brands ang nalilimutan nila.
Playing
PS4: Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age: Inquisition

US PSN: ianvinoya < PS4 and PSVita
HK PSN: iandavidvinoya < PS3
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Di kaya dahil European yung developer (Criterion) kaya puro European cars ang sinasama nila?
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Need for Speed : Rivals - Official E3 2013 Announcement
z3kEn
Momento Mori

Need for Speed : Rivals - Official E3 2013 Announcement
steeps
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: steeps_US

Anyone else here playing NFS: Rivals for PS3? Was hoping may makakalaro ako dito for some races, and for the some trophy boosting (bust a friend, win a race with a friend).

I think prior to PPS's outage may nagpost dito asking how it is on the PS3. Thread got deleted though. It's quite enjoyable actually. Still playing it up to now completing all speedwalls even after finishing both cop career and racer career.
PSN ID: steeps_US (US Account)
please drop by my gaming blog at http://theelectronicplayground.blogspot.com
weirdohenrico
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: weirdohenrico

I have somewhat boycotted EA, especially after buying FIFA 13 and encountered so many network/server problems with that game on the PS3. Seems like Rivals has the same problem along with BF4.
PS4: Destiny
PS3: Last of Us
PS Vita: Killzone Mercenary
PSN: weirdohenrico
mike013
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan
PSN ID: mikhail013

Kainis lang hindi pwede ipause yung game haha
Cast your shadow over all. Wings of night! Bahamut!
PSN - mikhail013
dennisfonta32
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Macbookproi5

i placed a bid on this game on ebay