Assassin's Creed III (SPOILER THREAD)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

You are now a pursuer.
You are now a Templar.
You are now a target.

Post na! :surprise: :twisted:
solstice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: wicked_being

Hindi ako natuwa sa ending. Siguro may pagka-Templar ako pero mas gusto ko yung solution ni Minerva. It's a vicious cycle pero I think it's better for mankind to start over again than to face someone who has all the tools/power to enslave the entire human race.
Gaming on-hold.
#TWolvesNation Arooo!
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

^
I think kasi from the point of view ni Desmond, pagod na siya sa never-ending battle ng Templars and Assassins. So yeah, he's basically given the choice between screwing up the world and let the fighting continue (which in the end will definitely screw the world).
gabotron
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PSN ID: gabotronixx

Okay naman para sa akin yung decision ni Desmond. Medyo similar sa "synthesis" ng ME3. It's basically sacrificing one's life to save everyone a.k.a. Jesus 2.0. The difference is that there's someone from up above who wants to run the show.

Then everyone has to decide whether they obey that higher being or seek freedom/the truth instead. Will they go against her will or follow her? Will the Templars and Assassins temporarily join forces to fight a common enemy? Will there be alliances? What about traitors? Mas gusto ko ang possibilities. They seem to have greater chances of ending the cycle once and for all.

Di ko lang maintindihan kung bakit mamamatay si Desmond kung palalayain niya si Juno. Is it some kind of a device that needs Desmond's DNA in order to unlock it? So we forged a new vessel, one that might endure. It proved easy enough to enter, but to leave, to leave required something more, something wrong. Sana na-explain ni Minerva kung ano talaga ang ginagawa ng device na yun aside from freeing Juno.

What about that Adam and Eve reference sa AC2 glyphs and Juno in ACB telling Desmond: There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.?

Sana may additional cinematic rin kung anong nangyari after the world was saved. Okay pa ba sina W, Shaun, Rebecca? Parang tinapos lang eh. Tapos yun na yun.
Gaming on PC, PS4
mario_adobo
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: dreddfool

sana tinapos na nila dito. gameplay wise, pede pa ba tawaging assassin's creed yun next game? hindi na s'ya "a race to save the world from uncovering clues from the past". future war na usapan dahel sa balak ni Juno. will all mankind rise against one common enemy? magsasanib ba ang templar at assassins para talunin si juno o magiging alagad lang ni juno mga templar? :facepalm:

Kung iisipin mo kelangan pa ba ng animus sa next game? dapat ata 3rd shooter na yun or something like Mass Effect. Disappointed talaga ako, seems they just extended the storyline to make more money from the series. Pero atleast nextgen sigurado yun sunod na installment nito. :mrgreen:
War transforms us into beasts - Drebin

[RP] Sandatahang Lakas

SG PSN: dreddfool
HK PSN: MarioAdobo <--- wala lang
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Personally, I think Desmond's death will allow Ubisoft to explore other locations, time periods and gameplay changes kasi hindi na sil restricted sa story-line niya. I mean, I might sound too optimistic but I think they'll continue the franchise. Gives them too much profit to ignore.

Going away from the ending, I love how they made you play as Haytham in the first three sequences. I always wondered what would happen if a capable Assassin gets converted, tapos siya pa yung father ni Connor.

While many characters in AC III did not have the same effect as the characters in AC I, II, Brotherhood and Revelations, at least I hated Charles Lee, who for me is the most memorable target in this installment. I was quite underwhelmed with how Haytham met his death but Charles' was fantastic.
gabotron
PSN ID: gabotronixx

Okay, so I went back and did a few more digging to answer the questions that were left hanging in my mind.

It appears that the device where Juno was trapped (the pedestal) and Desmond are linked to the Adam and Eve reference. If Altair, Ezio and Connor's roles were conduits, Desmond's part was to give up his DNA. He was the "key" to Juno's freedom because his DNA was good enough for the pedestal to be activated.

It was revealed in AC2 that Adam and Eve were a "hybrid race," an interbreed between humans and the First Civilization. They also had an Apple in their possession, and they saw Eden before the "Truth" video got cut off. In ACB, it was shown that Desmond was able to activate another Apple - Your DNA communes with the Apple. You have activated it. This tells us that Desmond is a part of that hybrid race. In the wiki, Desmond and Clay are supposedly descendants of Adam. As for Eve, AC3: Liberation must have something to do with her.

In the events before the activation of the pedestal, Juno talked about six ways to save the world:
  • 4 towers to absorb the Sun's fury = took too much time; machines took over (metal might finish what flesh could not)
  • Rebuke the Sun's fury = cannot scale weapon; lacked time; failed
  • "Make us safe" consensus (law of attraction; thoughts become things) = cannot maintain control; failed
  • Time travel ala Terra Nova = could not find a way to travel back; failed
  • Time travel ala Nostradamus = Minerva sought to save Desmond; had potential but was too late
  • Change what we were (Aita volunteered) = he was made a prisoner of the machines; a new vessel was forged but was later abandoned, or was it?
In ACB, this was mentioned after the stabbing of Lucy: It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE! "She" would refer to Juno. The "sixth" would refer to the 6th solution. Juno said that it was easy to enter, but to leave required something more, something wrong.

While Minerva thought that all is lost except for a few people, Juno responded with a solution to save the world. The 4 towers were probably finished, and only Juno knew about it. But being the villain that she is, she used it as leverage for her freedom.

Now we're left with:
  • Humanity saved
  • Juno freed and can manifest inside machines
  • Desmond dead (or his consciousness lives on inside the pedestal)
  • A descendant of Eve
  • Several Pieces of Eden
  • Templars and Assassins
Gaming on PC, PS4
aceshot
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: acesyot

Yess!kating kati na ako e share thoughts ko..AC fans, Im not here to bash regarding your beloved franchise, these are just my own opinion sa series nato :grin:

First of all,i love the premise,yung templar/assassins theme,conspiracies and all,at ang mga detailed cities and at historical facts nila :win: pero whats keeping me as a solid fan of the series is some gameplay elements na kulang para sa akin that breaks my immersion, like being unable to crouch and wall hug,i know hindi sneaky and in your face type sila,pero its just plain awkward hiding sa mga guards na naglalakad lang,just my opinion. And lastly, ang framerate its just my number 1 enemy pagdating sa games hehe. And oh..the combat is ohh so good :2thumbs:

Now on to AC3..although hindi ko pa natapos i just give my thoughts regarding what ive seen so far..Una,grabeh ang promotions and ads nila sa game na ito,everyone is just so hyped even me na hindi talaga fan napabili :sweat: akala ko new game engine,i was expecting major improvement sa framerate, pero may slowdowns parin,although sa frontier solid naman ang framerate. The chosen setting this time around is not quite appealing as AC2 kasi as you can see naman ang bland nang color and design nang cities,well who to blame kung ganun talaga ang itsura nang america dati :sweat:And the game lacks freaking tutorials!!!Regarding connor..hmm..he is okey,much more brutal,and mas gusto ko sya kay ezio,sgro madami lang gusto kay ezio kasi he has been given a lot screen time than the other two assassins..Sadly i regret the purchase,pero thanks to the naval missions,the combat,and the frontier :win: i am having second thoughts hehe
PSN ID = acesyot
Sometimes we do stupid things just to survive..and it ain't pretty
-John Marston
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

I think one of the drawbacks of choosing historical events as a backdrop of the games is that they are fairly limited to what the period has to offer. Surely, Florence and Venice are more colorful cities compared to a very early Boston and New York.

For me, I wasn't disappointed with the game. I connected to Connor faster than I connected to Ezio but that's due to personal tastes rather than any actual advantage of Connor over Ezio. I did like the revamped engine: still actually simple but gives you a lot more options than before.

Out of all the AC titles I have, I've had no problems going back to this one. The first playthrough I did was for the story. Now I'm trying to immerse myself into the world more by taking my time. Wish ko lang is if they still plan to make more AC titles, try to explore other places and periods now that they don't need to stick to Desmond's family tree anymore. The lead game developer for AC3, Alex Hutchinson once said that ancient Egypt and Feudal Japan would be boring choices, but based on a lot of fans' reactions, this one was a pretty boring choice as well considering that you don't actually take part in most of the major conflicts of the American Revolution (which was the major letdown for me).

Overall, it was a great effort. Surely naging overhyped na siya as the release date got nearer and nearer. Pero for me at least, they succeeded in pushing the story and the gameplay (somewhat) forward.
aceshot

Yeah i think its on my personal preference,mas gusto ko si connor,he is more bad-ass and serious,although i havent played brotherhood and revelations to see the transformation of ezio..and connor is much more open minded,he doesnt side to anyone and he is even having second thoughts regarding the templar and assassin dispute. This franchise could have been much2x better kung hindi nila ginatasan ang series..and if ever man gagawa pa sila..IDK..
PSN ID = acesyot
-John Marston
deathblitzer
Ace Combat
Ace Combat
PSN ID: deathblitzer

Kung paguusapan natin ang whole character development, I would have to put my money with Ezio's saga. Syempre 3 games naman ang lamang nya sa AC3. Pero what's great about AC3 is the solid foundation ang ginawa nila kay Connor, albeit a short one. :(

Kung paguusapan natin yung journey ng isang Assassin hero, I think maigsi talaga ginawa nila para kay Connor. And I do think eto na ang last for Connor, which is sort of sayang din. Irrational, sympathetic hero na badass... Sayang. :(

As a jump-off point ng next series ng AC, I think expected na natin to dahil alam naman nating cash cow ng Ubisoft to and magkakaron ng movie. ;)

I hated Desmond's stages, it feels half-assed, half-baked. Alam mong hindi sya integral sa story. Biruin mo ba naman sumugod ka sa Abstergo, then eventually gagamitin mo din ang Apple para matalo sila? Lame. :huh:

And Daniel Cross??? Anung nangyari??? Kala ko ba sya ang bad-ass na Assassin sa mga comics? :pray:

All in all, parang isang malaking filler episode ang AC3, yes it did answer questions, but alam mo kasing may kasunod eh, so hindi ka kuntento dun sa sagot. :sweat:

Parang sa pagkakataong to, mas nagenjoy ako sa mechanics ng game (fighting, naval, etc) kesa sa overall plot ng game. I don't hate it. I just expected it more.
aceshot

yeah they dont want a good ENDING kasi they dont want it to END haha
PSN ID = acesyot
-John Marston
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Yeah, the Desmond stages were also pretty one-dimensional. Although I wasn't bothered by it because I wasn't really a Desmond fan in the first place. Parang they tried to tie up all the loose ends pero in a haphazard way. Parang nagna-narrate lang sila Rebecca at Bill about the various back-stories.

As for Daniel Cross, well, he was already half the Assassin he used to be no thanks to his severe case of the bleeding effect.

For me ang isang major miss nila dito is that they focused too much on making Charles Lee the big bad and downplaying Connor and Haytham's death-match. Parang nasira yung momentum nung game for me when it happened. I did hate Charles Lee, but for the purpose of the story, the started with the Assassin-turned-Templar Haytham, it should have at least ended with him.

On the other hand, at least nilaliman nila yung dynamics of being an assassin: may traitors, may failures, may mga anak na nag choose na hindi maging assassin. The same with the Templars, many of them had noble intentions most of which are the same as the Assassin's. Sa methods lang talaga nagkatalo. In ACI, II and Brotherhood, masyadong glorified kasi yung Assassins, parang simple good vs evil lang. Sa Revelations lang sila nag start mag dwell sa possibility na may mga defectors (like the Sentinel) or mga Templars with reasonable, if violent intentions.
solstice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: wicked_being

Hindi ko pa natatapos yung AC: Liberation pero my friend told me AC3's ending will make more sense pag nakita ko yung ending ng AC:L. Hmm interesting...
Gaming on-hold.
#TWolvesNation Arooo!
aceshot

ang pangit nang ending talaga,at ang corny pa na nakawala pa si charles lee after sya sinugod ni connor,at nag meet up nalang sila sa isang bahay para tapusin lahat :sweat: And the story..plano talaga nila e milk itong franchise..wow what a dissapointment,akala ko ac3 will finally bring me to the AC bandwagon...anyway..did enjoy the game kahit papano...despite the hiccups and glitches
PSN ID = acesyot
-John Marston
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Anti-climactic noh? Even a series fan like me who loves AC3 couldn't deny the ending was a bit of a letdown.
aceshot

I think the most memorable moment ko lang sa laro nato is when charles lee was about to be accepted sa grupo nila when haytham said.."welcome,welcome to the templars"haha that was epic,how do u like them apples..all the while i thought they were a merry band of assassins. The ending was luckluster,even though i did not play revelations,tumingin lang ako sa youtube about sa ending,and it was good,seeing two old folks,altair and ezio connecting. siguro matatagalan pa bago ma patch ito,i already posted to sell my copy,sana man lang may patch na bago ku mabenta to :ashamed:
PSN ID = acesyot
-John Marston
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

You know, I liked Revelations over Brotherhood kasi mas tight yung story and setting niya. The graphics were loads better and so were the animations. Sa Brotherhood kasi, I got tired of Rome pretty quickly.

Anyway, that scene was really epic. Got me pumped up when I first saw it and I still got excited when I did my second play-through. Yun nga lang, hindi naging clear kung bakit tumiwalag sa Assassin Order si Haytham. But I guess that's why there are spin-off books. :P
Young_Hegelian
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Young_Hegelian

The ending sa story ni Desmond felt empty. Did not really like it, it was lacking.

Yung kay Connor naman para sa akin it was well done, his revenge on Lee was like that of the ending of the movie Death Sentence... Connor digging Achilles grave while Achilles' farewell letter to Connor was being read in the background was the high point of the story for me and it was a side mission.

Revelations had the best ending of all the AC games so far, in my opinion. Sa AC3 may kulang, parang it ended and I didn't really care that Desmond died, hindi ko alam kung bakit? Unlike sa Revelations when Ezio met Altair, that ending was so memorable.
PSN ID: Young_Hegelian
questorminator
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

The ending in Revelations kasi was like the journey of Altair going full circle with Ezio. The moment when Ezio saw Altair's remains was awesome as well as how Ezio paid respect to his spiritual mentor.

Sa AC3 naman parang after Connor killed Lee, wala nang masyadong conflict for him. Of course he'll have to defend his homestead among other things, but his purpose as an Assassin was complete. I still get teary eyed while watching Achilles' funeral and after my first playthrough, try ko talaga tapusin kaagad lahat ng homestead missions before I kill Haytham and Lee para makuha ko yung original uniform niya.