PlayStation Network

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jomni

Some people hacked and changed passwords of some users.
http://forums.gameaxis.com/showthread.php?t=1479868
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

My blog and Used Games Store:
jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Selling original PS3, PS2, and PC games
More games for sale here!

Siren Zombie (しびと) Sightings
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

jomni wrote:Some people hacked and changed passwords of some users.
http://forums.gameaxis.com/showthread.php?t=1479868
Sa SCEE lang daw yan eh. The same thing happened last year I believe.
:bigmouth:
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Relevant if you maintain an account there.
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

jomnisgames.blogspot.com

NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

jomni wrote:Relevant if you maintain an account there.
Yup. Di na nga pala kita ma-add sa PSN. Puno na daw friend's list mo.
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jsnepo wrote:
jomni wrote:Relevant if you maintain an account there.
Yup. Di na nga pala kita ma-add sa PSN. Puno na daw friend's list mo.
Sige, I'll delete some.
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

jomnisgames.blogspot.com

doraemonatic
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: doraemonatic

"Sony acknowledged today that an unauthorized breach of the PlayStation Network could have put the personal information of some PlayStation Store users at risk.

A message on the PlayStation website this morning read, "Although unlikely, it is possible that the passwords of a small percentage of PlayStation Network users may have been changed through unauthorized access, making it possible to view users' personal information and/or use the wallet for the PlayStation Store."

However, because PSN accounts do not display entire credit card numbers, Sony said any access to users' accounts was "very unlikely" to have compromised credit card numbers.

In the statement Sony said it had taken immediate action to correct the issue. System security has been restored, a company rep said. Customers who might have been affected by the breach are being notified by Sony representatives.

As a precaution, Sony suggested that PSN users sign in to the service and verify the integrity of their account."
PSN: doraemonatic
Xbox Live Gamertag: doraemonatic21
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Sony Launching Upgraded PlayStation Network (8/19/09)

http://scrawlfx.com/2009/08/sony-launch ... ugust-18th

What could this be about?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

its only for Asian PSN, they really need to market it properly like the NA one
hollywood 8horns
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Super8horns

https://www.playstation.com.hk/warrant_ ... /login.jsp

Important Notice:

Online warranty registration is terminated and PlayStation® Membership will also be terminated effective from 18 August, 2009

You could transfer your product registration data from PlayStation® Membership account to your PlayStation®Network account and get 90-days free warranty extension from 18 August, 2009*.

* Only available on in-warranty official PLAYSTATION®3, PSP®(PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®2 consoles.

****PlayStation® Membership will also be terminated effective from 18 August, 2009***

I am worried about this , one of my Main accounts is registered on HK PSN , would this mean all of my downloaded/purchased psn games will be de-activated ? Sounds like real bummer , or could be bad engrish .. since it's HK after all ...
Last edited by hollywood 8horns on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

it just means the hk website is going PSN login, the warranty is for the hardware side, this is the same thing as the Playstation Underground going PSN ids
hollywood 8horns
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Super8horns

darkwing_uop wrote:it just means the hk website is going PSN login, the warranty is for the hardware side, this is the same thing as the Playstation Underground going PSN ids

That's good news ! Thank you ! :)
hitokiri
Destruction Derby
Destruction Derby
PSN ID: vince_ll

Sony planning paid PSN subscriptions for 2010... BUT...playing online will still be free...
[UPDATE] Kaz Hirai confirms premium level will be added on top of PS3 and PSP's online service, which will remain free to play online; PSN revenue expected to hit $563 million this fiscal year.

One the biggest selling points of the PlayStation 3 is that gamers can use the console to play online at no additional charge. However, evidence has surfaced that the company is planning a two-tiered subscription model for the PlayStation Network similar to--but also fundamentally different from--Xbox Live.

Slides accompanying a Thursday presentation by Sony show that the company is planning a "new revenue stream from subscription" on PSN in 2010. [UPDATE] During the presentation, which emphasized Sony's plans to make its game business profitable in the next fiscal year, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Kaz Hirai confirmed the plans. "We will be building upon our current free [PSN] service offering with premium content and services to start the subscription model," he told attendees.

Perhaps to assuage PS3 owners' fears that they would soon have to pay to play online, Hirai issued a subsequent statement indicating the present level of service would remain gratis.

"SCE will further increase sales by offering users new entertainment through the combination of hardware, software, peripheral, and PlayStation Network," Hirai said in a statement given to British outlets, such as CVG. "Especially in the online area, we are studying the possibility of introducing a subscription model, offering premium content and services, in addition to the current free services." (Emphasis added.)

As of press time, US Sony reps had not offered Hirai's statement or further clarification about its subscription plans for the PlayStation Network. Luckily, though, the "current free services" currently offered on PSN include online play, Facebook integration, and Netflix video streaming. On Xbox Live, both of those features are only accessible at the Gold membership level, which costs at least $50 per year.

[UPDATE] Even without subscriptions, PSN revenue is on the rise. For the current fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2010, Sony expects ¥50 billion ($563 million) in earnings from the service, a threefold increase from the year prior. In addition to game-related content, the PSN's retail component--the PlayStation Store--offers video offerings, such as television shows and movies for both rental and sale.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6240938.ht ... op;title;3

hey, as long as online play is free...
PSN I.D. : vince_ll
M.G.O. Callsign: vince_g105
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It already started, Qore anyone?
Xanshi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Xanshi

Sony version of Xbox live Gold Subscription?!?!?

At least entry level in PSN can still plat online.
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Gundam Extreme Vs and The Witcher 2

PSN ID: Xanshi
"A mild manner Accountant by day, A Gamer by night"
Ravencroft_PH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OverNine-kznd

hmmm im guessing extended features and exclusives for PSN subscribers ...

hmm if the offers are good, i wont mind paying a little extra :agree: after all the PS3 was built for entertainment.
I have bltch tits
abominablesasquatch
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: YETBO_US

"SCE will further increase sales by offering users new entertainment through the combination of hardware, software, peripheral, and PlayStation Network," Hirai said in a statement given to British outlets, such as CVG. "Especially in the online area, we are studying the possibility of introducing a subscription model, offering premium content and services, in addition to the current free services."

By the way, Kaz Hirai has confirmed that this will happen by 2010.

Here's the link to the full report: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6240938.ht ... es;title;4

Don't worry, to those who won't be able to afford, online play is still free. :clap:
Dapat ginawa na nila to noon pa to raise revenues, in my opinion.
PSN: YETBO_US
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...ang hirap maging dukha! :wah: :facepalm: Paampon nalang kaya ako kay paquiao? :rofl:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

If the subscription model is pay a monthly fee to gain access to at least a number of games a month, then count me in.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

it already has started with Qore :agree:
blitz5000
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: MifuneGo

can't wait for the 3d feature..hahaha
PSN: MifuneGo