[OT] Dragon's Crown [PS3|Vita]

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Developers: VANILLAWARE Ltd.
Publisher: Atlus
Platforms: PS3 and PS Vita
Genre: 2D Action RPG
Release Date: JAP July 25, 2013 NA August 6th, 2013
Players: 1-4

Official Site (NA)
http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/

Official Japanese Site
http://dragons-crown.com/index.html

Synopsis:

Dragon's Crown thrusts you into a fantastical medieval world packed with labyrinthine dungeons to explore, vile monstrosities to smite, and nearly endless online adventure. Your mission is to dive into the dank underworld, uncovering treasure and strengthening your mettle as you unlock the secret behind the ancient dragon threatening the world. Simple, easy-to-learn controls allow anyone to dive into the fray and enjoy the breathtaking sword-and-sorcery action. In addition to long-lasting gameplay, the game also features a vast array of character customization features - with six wildly different classes to play as, raiding the catacombs for epic loot remains fresh and engaging.

Background

In Dragon's Crown, six powerful adventurers and their unique abilities are available for players to explore the fantastical world of Hydeland with:

-The Fighter, who uses his armor and quick-hitting attacks to tank and destroy enemies
-The Dwarf, who specializes in getting up close and personal with grapple attacks
-The Amazon, who moves quickly and wields a giant axe to unleash massive damage
-The Wizard, who blasts fire at single targets or in pillars to incinerate foes
-The Elf, who uses her bow and agility to launch devastating volleys and escape danger
-The Sorceress, who uses ice magic and summoned skeletons to control the battlefield

Game Play

Groups of adventurers will be challenged in the labyrinthine dungeons surrounding the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. As they explore deeper into the dungeons, non-player characters such as Samuel the Adventurer's Guild leader and Lucain, the wizard come in to play with quests and tasks, which slowly unravel the story behind the ultimate treasure, the Dragon's Crown.

Features

Safety in numbers - It's not safe in the world of Hydeland, so it's best not to go it alone. Up to four players or AI compatriots can delve into dungeons simultaneously by using either the drop-in multiplayer on PlayStation 3 or via adhoc network on PlayStation Vita. Cross-platform play is not supported.

If it's not nailed down...- Expert thief NPC Rannie will join players on their adventures to pick locks, open treasure chests, reveal hidden passageways, and collect loot.

The skills to succeed - Massive skill tree options in Dragon's Crown allows for plenty of custom-tailoring, whether it's beefing up health or magic abilities or tweaking the abilities of the individual characters.

Screenshots/Art Work

Videos

Dragon's Crown E3 Trailer | E3 2013

Explore the Six Character Classes of Dragons Crown (IGN)

Exploring the World of PS3 and Vita's Dragon's Crown (IGN)

Off-Cam Gameplay E3 2013

Reviews
9.5 out of 10 Destructoid
Superb: A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage to what is a supreme title.

8.5 IGN
+Stunning graphics
+Atmospheric soundtrack
+Fun, diverse gameplay
+Deep loot & upgrades
– Story gets in the way

8.0 Gameinformer

Original thread
http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=63935
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

very nice OT, I'll make the Vita version later with a link to this, I'll only put Vita specific info there
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Main Dragon's Crown Official Thread (thanks to z3ken)
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=65264

Vita Specific Info

Filesize : 1.1 GB
Multiplayer : Yes
CrossPlay : No
CrossBuy : No
CrossPlatform Online : No
CrossSave : Yes
Shared Trophy : Yes
Retail Price : $39.99
PSN Price : TBD

Video :
E3 2013 - Off camera

Vanillaware wrote:Hi, bago lang itong account ko sa pinoyps pero matagal na ako nag lurk dito para kumuha ng info sa games. Bumile ako ng PlayStation Vita para lang sa Dragon's Crown kahit may choice ako na bumile ng PlayStaion 3 instead.

Sagutin ko lang yung ibang tanong at mag dagdag nadin ng info tungkol sa laro na ito para naman maging useful ang first post ko.

<========================================================================================>
Q: Meron ba itong online pass (ps3/psvita)?
A: None.

<========================================================================================>
Q: Kamusta naman ang online, ma-lag ba (psvita)?
A: Short answer: it's pretty good and very enjoyable so far.

- Nuong bago pa lumabas yung official release ng Dragon's Crown sa NA ay puro Japanese lang ang kalaro ko. 95% of the time ay sobrang ganda ng connection at almost no lag or delay. Ang game na ito ay walang region lock sa online which means pwede mo makalaro kahit sino sa buong mundo at since lumabas na ang game sa NA ay medyo hit or miss ang online kung maganda yung host sa JOIN RANDOM ROOM pero often ay very playable at responsive padin ang controls kahit nasa NA ang kalaro ko.

- May patch na ngayon sa Japan na wala pa sa R3 at R1 na mag dadagdag ng option para piliin ang region na gusto mo mag search ng kalaro. So kung gusto mo na puro sa Asia lang kalaro mo ay antayin mo yung patch na ilabas sa lahat ng region or mag invite ka ng friends mo.

Q: Gagana ba yung DLC ng US psn (R1) sa Dragon's Crown (R3) ko?
A: YES.

- May isang member sa gamefaqs.com na nag sabi na gumana yung free english narrator dlc sa US psn nya (hindi free sa Asian psn) with his region 3 na Dragon's Crown. Walang nakakaalam currently kung may susunod pang dlc ang Dragon's Crown at kung meron man ay kung gagana padin ba sa R3. I'm still considering na mag switch nalang ako sa US psn kahit R3 ang Dragon's Crown ko kasi napaka depressing ng Hong Kong psn pag dating sa downloadable psp games tapos Dragon's Crown palang naman ang game ko sa psvita.

Q: How much ang replay value/replayability ng Dragon's Crown?
A: Very high replay value at ang estimated time ay 20++ hours per class and possibly unlimited depending on your attention span so please read below for reasons why.

- Yung pinaka base story nito ay aabutin ka ng mga at least 10-15 hours without doing most of the side quests PERO merun itong parang new game plus na mag tutuloy sa story at mag add ng many new challenges. Each class ay may kanya kanyang endings. I'm currently 36 hours in and iisang class palang nalalaro ko so meron pang 5 classes to enjoy later.

- Meron syang 3 levels of difficulty which is normal, hard at inferno pero kailangan mo pa i-unlock yung hard at inferno. Isa sa features ng game na ito ay yung randomly generated endless dungeon!

- (IMPORTANT) Like all beat-em-up style na games, ang Dragon's Crown ay magiging repetitive in the long run, but in a very fulfilling way. Tons and tons of loots/gears, unlockable artsworks na pwede mo syempre gawing wallpaper ng psvita (I love this since I love to draw), so many hidden pop/gaming references and choices na pwede mo gawin na ma kaka-affect ng current dungeon na nilalakbay mo. Madami pang features na ayaw ko ng ilista.

Q: Magugustuhan ko ba ang Dragon's Crown?
A: Kung sobrang iksi ang attention span mo at mabilis ka mag sawa sa mga games mo ay mag hanap ka nalang ng ibang game dahil ito ay para lang sa mga taong mahilig sa old school beat-em-ups with rpg style at nag require ng real player skill like fighting games na ma-achieve mo lang through multiple playthroughs.

Q: PS3 o psvita?
A: Short answer: It depends sa iyo so please read below. Wala akong ps3 pero alam ko ang advantage at disadtantages nila.

PlayStation 3 Pros
- Couch co-op.
- Bigger screen!
- Almost zero frame rate issues.

PlayStation 3 Cons
- Not portable of course!
- No touch screen which is a major part sa Dragon's crown so mag tatyaga ka sa analog. There will be a patch coming soon para mapadali ang buhay ng kaunti sa touching parts.
- May mga nababasa na ako pero hindi dapat kayo maniwala kaagad na may mga hackers na daw sa ps3 version ONLY. Kung merun ay siguro naman ay rare lang at wala naman sila talagang ma gain sa co-op based game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlayStation Vita Pros
- OLED screen = extremely crisp and true colors beauty right next to your face.
- Portable duh!
- Touch screen which is again, a major part sa game. Hassle free dahil sa touch screen!
- No hacking reports yet sa online and mukang hindi naman magkakaroon for reasons na ayaw ko ng discuss.

PlayStation Vita Cons
- No couch co-op of course.
- Slightly up to noticeable framerate slowdowns pag sobrang dami na nangyayare sa screen, BUT still very playable and very responsive at all times. Animations will still be smooth so that's a plus!
- Smaller screen na sometimes ay problema dahil pa-minsan minsan ay malilito ka kung nasaan na yung character mo pag punong puno na sa spells and effects ang screen mo dahil sa dami ng nangyayare in some areas. Bihira naman mangyare saakin ito dahil sigurado naman na naka focus ako sa character ko pag really intense yung fights.

Madami akong mga comments na nababasa sa ibat-ibang websites na yung Dragon's Crown daw ay ginawa para sa psvita then saka pinort sa PlayStation 3 which makes sense dahil sa dami ng touch screen parts ng game.

I hope na itong post ko ay makakatulong kung nag dedecide ka palang at nag dadalawang isip sa pag bile ng Dragon's Crown.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Hyped for this game! :grin:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hmmm does anyone know if it requires an online pass?
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

darkwing_uop wrote:hmmm does anyone know if it requires an online pass?
Hmm..good question though I think hindi naman siguro magiging requirement yung online pass since pwede naman yata siya laruin ng single player lang.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Alendri_09

still not sure if i'll be getting the ps3 version over the vita one. naiisip kong mag vita kasi medyo awkward laruin to ng nakikita ng ibang family member. :lol: :sweat:
si amazon balak ko gamitin baka mailang lang ako pag sa big screen ko nilaro :shock: :sweat:
CPA. Gamer.

Mandac8
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Mandac_08

-Best Gameplay.
-Awesome Graphics.
-Very High Replay Value.
-Guaranteed Game of the Year Contender.
Currently Using the Sorceress. :surprise:
"Riding is my LIFE.
Anything that happens
before or after is
just Waiting."
sakura33777
PlayStation
PlayStation

i love this game . specially their old games odin sphere and princess crown! hope they release this soon. gonna get the vita version anywhere anytime gametime! its multiplayer supported . hope my buttons wont get destroyed fast.
PSN: Carinna
Currently Playing: White Knight chronicles 2
Looking For: Artonelico quoga, Atelier rorona
Meeting place: SM north,Trinoma
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nice reviews! can't wait
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Scored an 8.5 on ign! :2thumbs:
CPA. Gamer.

alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Nice one! Baka ps3 version ako kasi may offline coop :agree:
CPA. Gamer.

dexterngo
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Saber024

alendri wrote:still not sure if i'll be getting the ps3 version over the vita one. naiisip kong mag vita kasi medyo awkward laruin to ng nakikita ng ibang family member. :lol: :sweat:
si amazon balak ko gamitin baka mailang lang ako pag sa big screen ko nilaro :shock: :sweat:

same problem. i wanted to play this game with my kid.

Ban girl character use? :banghead:
Playing: Battlefield 3, MoH: Warfighter, Blops 2, Defiance
Selling/Trading: None
Games to Buy: Disgaea TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION

Curiosities:
PSN ID: Saber024
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

dexterngo wrote:
alendri wrote:still not sure if i'll be getting the ps3 version over the vita one. naiisip kong mag vita kasi medyo awkward laruin to ng nakikita ng ibang family member. :lol: :sweat:

same problem. i wanted to play this game with my kid.

Ban girl character use? :banghead:
...ok lang yan cartoons naman, turuan mo nalang yung anak mo ng technique. sabihin mo "anak mahirap tong game na to, dapat focus ka sa mga enemies wag sa character mo para manalo tayo.". :win:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Glimmer Arc
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project
PSN ID: Level3Charge

Guys, got a text from iTech na dadating daw R3 later... wala nga lang artbook. Not sure about DB...

EDIT: PS Vita version lang daw. :sweat:
PSN: Level3Charge
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

mukhang ok to ah....been seeing plenty of good reviews for this one
**** ****!
-paparazzii-
Snatcher
Snatcher
PSN ID: flick

Parang ang ganda. Fave ko pa naman yun ganitong klase ng game.

Nag post DB available na daw Ps3 version

R1 daw meron sa trinoma kaso 2295
-SIGNATURE NOT APPLICABLE-
Glimmer Arc
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project
PSN ID: Level3Charge

Just saw the post... off I go!
PSN: Level3Charge
eirawn
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: eirawn

I have a vita pero mas gusto ko mag PS3 local multiplayer sa bahay.
PSN ID: eirawn
PS3 Slim 120GB <-- YLOD
PS3 Slim 160GB Ceramic White
PSVita WiFi 16Gig White
PS4 Launch Unit
30th Platinum - FFX HD. Dodge that 200 lightning!!

" Hating Multiplayer Trophies since 2009 "
alendri
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

wow early release? 6 pa to diba? omaygulay gipit ako sa budget! intayin ko muna review ng xillia para maprioritize yung mas ok. pero sure buy parehas :lol:
CPA. Gamer.