Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Bangkay
Snatcher
Snatcher
PSN ID: Homurro

Konami announced on a Pre-E3 Conference today that they'll re-release Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty + Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater + Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker in HD.

It will have the same feature of remaster series where you can transfer your save data to your handheld and your console. It is also said that it will have a remastered audio and trophies and achievements.

Available on 360 and PS3 and will be release on November 2011. More Info to come.

Some new Infos

But this is just one part of a major new initiative that Hideo Kojima calls "Transfarring."

Detailed by Kojima himself today during a pre-E3 broadcast, Transfarring is a system of synching up game data so that you can play a game on a console, then continue playing on the go. If you were paying attention to Kojima's speeches at the Tokyo Game Show a couple of years back, you might remember him alluding to a system like this.

The first game to use Transfarring will be Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, which will be released on PS3 as part of a Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. The Collection, due for release this November, will also include MGS2 and MGS3.

The collection will also be released simultaneously for Xbox 360, but only the PS3 version will support Transfarring of save data to the PSP.

Kojima demonstrated the Transfarring system by showing a save file being transferred back and forth between the PS3 version of Peace Walker and the PSP version. The system, as demonstrated during the show, requires that you connect your PSP to the PS3 via USB. The save data is transferred from one system to the other system in about 10 seconds. Only one version of the save file is active. The other one is locked in order to prevent conflicts.

In detailing the Transfarring system, Kojima noted that the ability to move data between PSP and PS3 is just phase one of his idea. Phase 2 will bring PS2 classics to PS3 and NGP and allow for transfarring between those two platforms. Phase 3 will involve the creation of all new PS3 class games that can use transfarring on PS3 and NGP.

Sauce: Andriasang

Added by: Xanshi 08/12/2011

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection includes Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Hideo Kojima has confirmed on his English twitter account that Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (check out some comparison screens in the slideshow to the left of this article) will include the two more games, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Originally released for the MSX, these two classic titles were a part of the Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence re-release.

Hideo Kojima also revealed the differences between the domestic (Japanese) and overseas (western) releases. The Japanese version will include a product code for Metal Gear Solid but won’t include Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker while the opposite holds true for the western release. Finally, Kojima added that Metal Gear Solid 2 in the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is based on the Substance version. The Japanese version will have Japanese voice acting. You can check out his statements below:

Metal Gear HD series. The domestic version is a package of MGS2 and MGS3. But, there is also a product code for MGS1, and MGS3 is subsistence specification, so MG1 and MG2 which were sold on MSX are included. This means, you can enjoy MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 with this one!

Metal Gear HD series. Overseas edition is a package of MGS2, MGS3 and PW. There is no product code for MGS1, but since MGS3 is subsistence specification, there are MG1 and MG2 which were sold on MSX. For this, you can enjoy MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGS3 and PW with this one!

MGS2 HD is based on subsistence, but the sound for the domestic version is of course in Japanese. There are many questions about this.
The upcoming Metal Gear Solid HD Collection includes enhanced remastered ports of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Once again, you can check out some comparison screens (old shots are posted first, followed by the high-definition ones) in the slideshow to the left of this article.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news ... olid-snake
Last edited by Bangkay on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 am, edited 7 times in total.
I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man, I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo' buns! Punch-ah yo' buns, I can punch all yo' buns! If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

PSN: Homurro
RouenFSA
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: owen31788

swerte ng mga xbox fanboys makakalaro na sila ng Snake Eater...

** so many games, so little money :facepalm:
PS4 JP 500gb - 05/04/14
PS3 Slim CECH-2012A 120GB - 11/22/09
PS3 CECHG06 - DEAD AGAIN! - 3/20/12

PSN ID US: owen31788
PSN ID AS: owenfrancis17

Twitter! || Facebook!
"Keep your job, I'll take may attitude"
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

No MGS1?

Sayang, sana iyun Twin Snakes kasama...
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
hanzthug
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: hanzthug

This is definitely a must buy for me. Nice one Konami! :agree:
Sony Bravia V 46"
GTA 4, MGS 4,NBA2k11, SF4, Uncharted 2, RDR,RDR Nightmare...
Jap Ver 320G = YLOD
R3 PS3 Slim 320G
PSP 2000
PS2 classic
PS1Slim
SegaSaturn
Super FamiCom
RouenFSA
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: owen31788

yung sa 360 multiple disc kaya??
PS4 JP 500gb - 05/04/14
PS3 Slim CECH-2012A 120GB - 11/22/09
PS3 CECHG06 - DEAD AGAIN! - 3/20/12

PSN ID US: owen31788
PSN ID AS: owenfrancis17

Twitter! || Facebook!
"Keep your job, I'll take may attitude"
kit_mac
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kit_mac

Another collectors dream. Must buy. (dami na) :sweat:
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/thisiskitmac
PS4 gamer. Anime Fanatic.

PS3 Games Collection
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t ... 2#p2136142
squall_leonhart
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jcmarcy_15

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! nasu-surprise ako sa konami ngayon!!!!!! so much win!!!!!

LEFhl;sIGJl;iJG'oSgkoSrg;koS:GKSRGK{SGKPS:GRk:SRGK :party: :pray: :hug: :cheer:

MGS1 - PS One Classic
MGS2, MGS3, MGS: Peacewalker HD
MGS 4

on one system :cheer:
Last edited by squall_leonhart on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum Count: 21

Currently Playing: MGSV The Phantom Pain
pedroboy
Pedro Penduko
PSN ID: pedroboy

what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!! snake eater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PSN id: pedroboy

wag ikahiya ang putok...pinagpawisan mo yan!

pain heals...chicks dig scars...glory lasts forever
kit_mac
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

napaka generous ng konami. yahoo. :cheer:
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/thisiskitmac
PS4 gamer. Anime Fanatic.

PS3 Games Collection
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t ... 2#p2136142
Bangkay
Snatcher
Snatcher
PSN ID: Homurro

Details about MGS HD Release

Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker HD

First, one tiny point. The video clip announcing the HD Editions said that Peace Walker is bundled with Metal Gear Solid collection. The Kojima Productions page lists Peace Walker as a separate release. It's possible that Konami is handling the releases differently depending on the territory, but we'll have to wait for clarification.

Coming November 2011 for both PS3 and Xbox 360, price TBA. The PS3 and X360 versions will support one to six players, just like the PSP version.

The PS3 version includes a product code for downloading the PSP version of Peace Walker to the PSP.

The PS3 and PSP versions can use the new Transfarring system which allows for save data to be shared. This means you can play the game on the PS3, transfer your save data to the PSP for play on the go, then return home and continue playing on the big screen.

As detailed earlier, the HD versions do not run on emulation. New features include: right analogue stick compatibility, rumble support, high quality sound, and trophy/achievement support. Visually, the menus and other areas have been redone, as you can see in the below comparison pics. The game will support 1080p.

PSP Version:

HD Version:

PSP Version:

HD Version:

Metal Gear Solid HD Edition

Coming in November for PS3 and Xbox 360, price TBA. This includes HD remasters of Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3. The remastering is being done by Bluepoint Games.

The PS3 version of the game will include a product code for downloading the Game Archives version of the original Metal Gear Solid.

Konami also says that it is planning on offering HD Edition through PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Arcade as download releases.

Visual improvements for the HD remasters include 60 frames per second and 720p resolution. The games also have additional effects and are fully wide screen.

PS2 Version:

HD Version:

Regarding Transfarring support, Konami says the PS3 version will allow for Transfarring with "portable systems." It does not say which ones, but it seems that they're referring to NGP, as the Kojima Productions Transfarring information page says that PS2 titles that use Transfarring will be for PS3 and NGP.

Sauce: Andriasang
I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man, I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can!
I'm a tough tootin' baby, I can punch-ah yo' buns! Punch-ah yo' buns, I can punch all yo' buns! If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

PSN: Homurro
squall_leonhart
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

this announcement just made my year! kuntento na'ko sa E3 :lol: :2thumbs: :pray: :win:

bhAbOi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: bhAbOi

I only need E3 to confirm whats new on this HD release and i'm all set on buying this. kahit magkano pa yan bibilin ko! :cheer: sana mas detailed yung facial expressions saka fluid movements. :cheer:

nakakainip mag hintay. sana november na. skip E3,June,July,August,September,October! :win:
Add me up on PSN!

US PSN ID: JhorenBadtrip

Now Playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Battlefield 3, Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/bhaboi24 - World Tekken Federation
big_boss_rj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: big_b0ss_rj

squall_leonhart wrote:this announcement just made my year! kuntento na'ko sa E3 :lol: :2thumbs: :pray: :win:
yeah! the best talaga tong year na to! sobrang daming games na magaganda! sure buy na to. :win: :2thumbs:

malalaro ko na PEACE WALKER! :cheer:

swerte ng mga xbox fanboys, malalaro na nila MGS3 at PW! :grin:

XBL Gamertag: BigBossRj

Currently playing: ...

[RP]
squall_leonhart
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

big_boss_rj wrote:
squall_leonhart wrote:this announcement just made my year! kuntento na'ko sa E3 :lol: :2thumbs: :pray: :win:
yeah! the best talaga tong year na to! sobrang daming games na magaganda! sure buy na to. :win: :2thumbs:

malalaro ko na PEACE WALKER! :cheer:

swerte ng mga xbox fanboys, malalaro na nila MGS3 at PW! :grin:
sign of MGS4 port? :bigmouth:

big_boss_rj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

wag naman! sa PS3 lang dapat talaga yun.. dapat nga yung MGS3 at PW exclusive lang sa ps3 eh. :facepalm: :sweat:

yung MGS2 lang dapat sa kanila. collection pero isang game lang. :rofl:

XBL Gamertag: BigBossRj

Currently playing: ...

[RP]
theEnemy
IMBA
PSN ID: xtheEnemy

wtf. IMBATONNNNN!!!

Masyadong low-res na kasi ang MGS1 that's why they didn't bother.

oks lang yan na multiplat.

gamers tayo hindi fanboys.

let other gamers play these masterpieces.
PSN: xtheEnemy
seppppy
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative

Wooohooo!!! Peace Walker sa wakas malalaro rin kita, pati 2 at 3 in yummy HD!!! Would've been nice if sinama MGS1 pero sobrang OK na nito! Pati Zone of the Enders may HD collection din!!! Thanks Konami!!! :cheer:
ryanskie24
Philosoma
Philosoma
PSN ID: ryan_jin

wow! i have 2 games with sure buy tags on november! this one and uncharted 3! :win:

Ang sarap siguro ng gaming experience ng snake eater in HD! :party:
PS3 Ceramic White 320GB Slim(Online)
PS3 ceramic white 40gb(Successfully revived)
PSP Blue 16gb(up and running again)
ps2 slim(retired)
psone(retired)

currently playing: NBA 2K11, Castlevania: LOS, Enslaved
[MNYK]
theEnemy
IMBA
PSN ID: xtheEnemy

HD Collection in NGP confirmed ?

:bigmouth:
PSN: xtheEnemy
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

Bilhin nalang daw sa PS Store yung MGS1. :bigmouth:
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1