So far, what video gaming generation you enjoyed the most?

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Video game gen you enjoyed the most?

1st gen (Magnavox Odyssey)
No votes
2nd gen (Atari 2600)
No votes
3rd gen (NES/Famicom, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, Atari XEGS)
7%
4th gen (SNES/Super Famicom, Sega Genesis, SNK Neo Geo, NEC TurboGrafx-16)
7%
5th gen (PS1, Nintendo 64, Sega Saturn. etc...)
50%
6th gen (PS2, Game Cube, Dreamcast, Xbox)
25%
7th gen (PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii)
11%

Total votes: 28
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: skp7_13

***Hindi ko muna isasama ang 8th gen***

For me, 5th gen! IMO it revolutionized video gaming! :2thumbs:
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Fed_05

7th Gen, kasi lahat ng games na nabili ko dito (PS3) original at maraming digital, dito ko na-enjoy at na-appreciate na bumili ng orig at nakakapag-buy and sell pa ako.

Yung sa 6th Gen late na kasi ako nakarating back in 2006 na ako nakabili (PS2 Slim) kaya di ko na masyadong na-enjoy despite the good games na meron doon.

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
PSN ID: Fed_05
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Yung era ng PS2-GameCube-Xbox. Purely gaming, walang masyadong DLC. Lahat ng contents nasa disc na. Close 2nd yung PS3-360-Wii. Mas maaksyon at mas marami akong natapos kasi. :D
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

6th gen: madaming games, karamihan dekalidad at walang pre-order BS at resolution parities lololol
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

3rd gen. particularly famicom. it brought friends together. It made imaginations work. It made us talk abouT the games. Want to be the characters in the games. It was the generation that sparked the 'hiraman tayo ng bala' era. Sometimes may solian, sometimes hindi na. We didnt have the internet to tell us about game codes.

We found out about 30 lives in contra and the code to go straight to mike tyson through our FRIENDS. Multiplayer meant a group of friends on a 14 inch screen eagerly awaiting their turn to play - some of them cheering you on. Some of them wishing youd die already so that they can play. Minsan may nagkakatampuhan pa dito.

Playing on a 14 inch color screen if you were lucky enough to have your parents allow you to use them. Nakakasira daw kasi ng tv ang video games)

And to finish a game, you had to be really patient, dedicated and focused. There were rarely any saves. There were rarely any check points. There were rarely continues. If you lose all youmlives, then screw you, kid; start from the friggin beginning.

There were no walkthroughs. You want to get through a difficult level that you cant get past, you asked FRIENDS. Di pa uso EGM and game pro nun. Nintendo power pa lang. Which was ultra expensive and difficult to get in the Philippines.

So i say this to all those who think that the best games are based on the best titles, characters, gameplay, graphics or the better console - if this is how your appreciation for video games are defined...

then i pity you.

*Bow*
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

PS one days pa din ang the best...
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
mkmcarlos
Demon Lord of the Round Table
PSN ID: mkmcarlos182

Nagsimula ako sa 3rd Gen. Family Computer Era. Agree ako sa sinabi ni xgh0st12x lalo sa mutiplayer part. Magtatawag pa ako ng mga kaibigan ko para mag laro sa bahay.

Pero 5th gen talaga ang pinaka na enjoy ko sa lahat. Daming JRPG sa PS1. Memorable talaga yung Suikoden 2, MGS, Tenchu at iba pa.
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Up! :lol: :grin: :ashamed: :sweat:
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

Nothing beats 35 pesos per CD. Buti bagong buhay na.
:bigmouth:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

and this was my bible back in the days ...i practically have to beg my mom to get me one every month :lol:

**** ****!
jaiz
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

4th Gen fan ako, kasi nandyan lumabas mga paborito kong laro and in my opinion nag set ng benchmark for future games, plus UFO for the SNES is the bomb!
Nobody can beat me but Izer Keio
Playing:Call of Duty Ghosts,Resident Evil 6,GTA V,Dead Island Riptide
imban
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload

the PS1 gen definitely

the family computer gen is nice.. but it has its limits.. the generation next to that is bound to the same limits.. but the PS1 gen is the renaissance of gaming
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

The 8-bit and 16-bit generation. Mas enjoy ako nun kasi kalaro ko nun mga kapitbahay. I'd invite them over to my house lagi. Nung dumating ang PS1 days, nagsimula na akong maging isolated gamer.
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

imban wrote:the PS1 gen definitely

the family computer gen is nice.. but it has its limits.. the generation next to that is bound to the same limits.. but the PS1 gen is the renaissance of gaming
I totally agree with this!

3rd gen made gaming popular, 4th gen improved it, but 5th gen revolutionized gaming! 5th gen nagsimula dumami ang genre. Despite na maganda rin ang 3rd and 4th gen, majority ng games ay side-scrolling.
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

skp_16 wrote: I totally agree with this!

3rd gen made gaming popular, 4th gen improved it, but 5th gen revolutionized gaming! 5th gen nagsimula dumami ang genre. Despite na maganda rin ang 3rd and 4th gen, majority ng games ay side-scrolling.
May graphical/software limitation pa kasi yung 4th gen. Sa 5th gen nawala lahat yun kaya yan pa rin ang favorite kong era. It has the best of both worlds (deep/gameplay centric games nung old era & CGI/wide genres of games ng new gen).

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
imban
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload

honestly.. i don't like the whole "gaming with the kapitbahay" thing.. it sounds mushy mushy and all but we all know the reality of that situation :P
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

^^ pare palaro. iligtas kita sa stage na yan. mahirap yung boss diyan e. :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
ChardPurple
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: chard_newfag

I used to do this "kapitbahay gaming" during the 3rd/4th gen era when I'm still on my elementary days and I can say, its mostly nostalgia. In my case, I enjoyed the memories more than the games.

Now Playing: Tekken 7, Gwent: Homecoming (PC), Detroit: Become Human (PS4), Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

"Substance over style, quality over quantity, practicality over idealism."
skp_16
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

4th gen and 5th gen ako nag "kapitbahay gaming". Pero mga pinsan ko yung mga kapitbahay ko. Makakatabi lang talaga bahay namin (until now). Lagi kami nag fo-four players sa PS1 because of multitap! :2thumbs: :cheer: :fight:
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

SNES days!

dumadayo pa kami sa ibat ibang gaming rentals dahil sa mga fighting games like street fighter and mortal kombat. i kickass in fighting games dati. kabisado ko lahat ng fatality, babality, brutality at lahat ng "ity" sa mortal kombat 3. sikat ako sa mga shops at andami kong nakilalang tao kung saan saan :bigmouth: :sweat: :lol:
saaaandaliiiii laaaaannnggg!!!