Mugen Souls Z

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Sequel to this year's Compile Heart RPG due 2013 in Japan.

Dengeki this week reveals Compile Heart’s latest game to be Mugen Souls Z, a sequel to this year’s Mugen Souls, for PlayStation 3.

The game will be produced by Keiji “Shooting Star” Inafune (not the real Keiji Inafune, also not Mugen Souls‘ “New Keiji Inafune”), directed by Kenta Kanno, feature character designs by Nanameda Kei, A-10, and Ryoji, and CG design by Katsuyuki Hirano. Tenpei Satou will compose the game’s music, and Haru Akenaga will supervise.

Mugen Souls Z is set within the 12 worlds created by the ultimate god. Protagonist Shirma (CV: Sachika Misawa), another ultimate god, sets out alone on an adventure to obtain certain seals. His weapons and bed are a coffin. And Chou-Chou, the first game’s protagonist, rides in her hand.

Battle direction is said to be unexpected and featuring strong cooperative elements.

The game is due out in Japan next year. The standard edition will cost 7,329 yen. A limited edition including a booklet, DVD, CD, and Neptune, Noir, and Blanc avatar download codes will cost 9,429 yen. Pre-orders include a Nepgear and Vert avatar download code. Visit the game’s teaser site here
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

I dunno what to think about this one. Mugen Souls was... alright, I guess, but I didn't dig the super deformed lolicon art style and the game just didn't feel finished. On top of that, and will they be able to fix the needlessly complicated systems the first game had and actually make a polished game?

I'm very leery of how things will turn out, but I'm giving it a chance. After all, Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 was what a sequel should be (not to say that the first game was bad, though).

EDIT: Here's a pic from Dengeki. Shirma's adorable.

Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

Here's more of the new girl.

Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Opening PV

(Compile Heart has shared the opening animation for Mugen Souls Z, its upcoming PlayStation 3 sequel to last year’s chibi RPG.) http://gematsu.com/2013/03/mugen-souls-z-opening-movie