Haze

This section is read-only. Inactive threads for the past 5 years will be placed here. Also, game threads that are locked after creating its Official Thread will be here as well. If a new thread is created and an existing one is here, it will be merged. If a member wants to reply to one of the threads here, please ask an administrator or a moderator and it will be unlocked and moved to its proper section.
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

sana ok tong game na to. i'll wait for the demo :D sana magkaroon agad:D
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

after Uncharted sana, Free Radical will deliver big time for FPS fanatics ^_^ based on their pedigree (yung developers mismo gawa nila yung Goldeneye, Perfect Dark) then Timesplitters, mukhang maganda naman ito ^_^

GDC 07 Preview yung sino nde pa nakakita

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/814/814150p1.html

watch the video ^_^ ganda pala! you can turn the enemy against each other lols
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nice. :D

hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

but after reading some RECENT previews I doubt it will surpass COD4, UTIII and Orange Box...
Sayang na delay yung Orange BoX hinde niyo maeenjoy yung portal at TF2
**********CERTIFIED**********
..:♥(,`*•.¸( `*•.¸¸.•*´ )¸.•*´,)♥:..
...:♥`•.*:+:,:=XBOT=:,:+:*.•´♥:....
..:♥(,¸.•*´( ¸.•*´`*•.¸ )`*•.¸',)♥:..
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i agree. i hope haze will be a good game though. ok naman yung trailer and gameplay looks to have a lot of promise. pero it doesn't have that much 'wow' factor that i got when i saw the cod4 trailer. i hope im wrong though. :D

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

yup i'm more intrigued sa 4 player co-op at yung story ^_^ story comes first! tapos kung solid lang ang game, m sold lols
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

some preview ^_^

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=9532

bear in mind its a preview code too ^_^
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Gusto ko yung NECTAR ni Jade Raymond kung sakali mang magkaron as a downloadable kontent !!!
ImageImageImageImage
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hehe ako din :D

hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Bad news for those who wants this game this year
Haze was delayed on Q1 2008.....
So Orange Box na ang best ps3 shooter sa December kung hinde rin madedelay :-) :-) ....

Other News....
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also be released on Q1 2008 the same as Haze...
and Splinter Cell Conviction was delayed to Summer 08-Fall 08...

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=16324
w_4_r
PlayStation
PlayStation

D L A Y B 3 Y O N D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hilarious!!!
jehuty11
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: thatsarcasticguy

"In addition," the release read, "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, previously scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007-08, will now form part of a stronger line-up for fiscal 2008-09."
delayed din yung karibal ni snake sa 360.
pag multiconsole owner ka ba true gamer na agad? di ba pwedeng ayaw mo lang masabihan na fanboy muna? :bigmouth:
PSN ID - Strangebrew11

<(_)>You have earned a trophy.
_/_\_Wala
Wala
hiddenleaf
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I can't wait for Splinter Cell: Conviction :-) :-)
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

waaaa crap naman delayed pa Haze kakasabi ko lang sa pinsan ko na isama yung haze eh :? :? :?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

don't worry Dec. 4 pala ito hehehehe :heh:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games

check out the Upcoming Games portion
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hehe galing. kala ko delayed na. dami ko pa games na kino-consider. if ever ill get this one pag di yung iba :-)

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

errr parang mali lang yun sa website hehehe :heh:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

PSU talks with Free Radical - Haze and Timesplitters 4

PSU: What are your thoughts on Haze being a system mover for the PlayStation 3? With a slew of multiplatform FPS titles coming, how will Haze (a PS3 exclusive) entice gamers to buy a PS3 over anything else?

Rob Yescombe: Well, with four-player hot-swap co-op, the Nectar gameplay system, two unique factions with totally different skills and abilities, as well as the 16-player multiplayer story maps, we’ve got a top notch package that’s going to make it an extremely worthy investment. Ultimately, our focus has been on replay value. If we’re hoping that people will buy the game and/or a PS3, we want to make sure they feel like they’re getting value for money.

PSU: Do you think that Blu-ray is a necessity for next gen gaming and will developers require Blu-ray size storage for games in the future if they don't already?

Derek Littlewood: It's clearly not a necessity, but it's an extremely useful asset. As hardware matures you always see an increase in the scale and ambition of games being developed for it, as developers get to grips with their new engines and toolsets, and that increased scale and ambition equates to an increased amount of content. So I think that as the PS3 matures, you'll see developers relying on Blu-ray to an increasing degree.

PSU: Why do you think multiplatform developers choose not to utilize the extra storage capacity on the PS3 for their games and add extra content? If the space is there why not use it?

Derek: It's not really as simple as just 'using' the space. Art, animation and audio assets for PS3 games take an enormous amount of time and money to create, and it's not like most developers have a box of additional levels they can just add onto their games at the eleventh hour. If you're developing specifically for the PS3 the additional capacity is a definite benefit, but if you're developing cross platform it's not usually so easy to just add extra stuff.

PSU: What was the reason behind dropping development on the Xbox 360 and PC?

Derek: From a development point of view, exclusive development is attractive because you can really focus on getting the best out of just one platform, rather than always needing to split your efforts across multiple versions of the game. And this is why exclusive PS3 development has been so useful to us, as the entire team has been able to work very closely with the PS3 hardware.

As for why the PS3 was our platform of choice, the company has a history of getting good results out of PlayStation hardware from our days working on the PS2, but also, out of the three platforms, the PS3 is still the youngest and so represented the best opportunity for us to get a game out into an uncrowded market where it was likely to get the best recognition.

PSU: Do you have plans to support Haze further with downloadable content?

I can't comment any further at this stage though, I'm afraid.

PSU: Will Haze have dedicated servers for multiplayer?

Derek: I can't comment on that at this stage, sorry.

PSU: Will Haze support clans, buddy lists, and parties? What kind of customizable options will be available for these?

Derek: Yes, we're supporting friends lists and parties, and you'll be able to do things like sending in-game invites to your friends if you want them to drop into your coop or multiplayer game. I can't really talk anymore about multiplayer options at this stage though, I'm afraid.

PSU: Have you hit any technical roofs with the PS3 hardware during development (memory, bandwidth, PPU, SPU, GPU)?

Derek: You always hit technical roofs, on any hardware platform. One of the biggest fallacies of games development is that there's hardware just around the corner that's going to allow you to do whatever you want, to whatever scale you want, but the reality is that regardless of the hardware, games development is about compromise. It's about choosing which things you want to do well (sometimes based on what the hardware does well) and making sure the player can see that effort up on screen.

The thing about the PS3 is that you really need to be using all of the SPU's constantly to get the best performance out of it – Haze has been pretty heavily optimised towards using the SPU's but even so we're not using them 100% of the time, although we're always looking for ways to do so. Memory has never really been an issue because the Haze engine is built to constantly stream the entire gameworld.

PSU: How do you guys feel about Bungie copying the Mantel Helmet designs in Halo 3's multiplayer?

Derek: That depends on whether it entitles us to a share of the Halo 3 profits or not. ;)

PSU: Has your experience working on Haze for the PS3 helped in development and planning for Timesplitters 4?

Derek: Of course. Your first game on a new platform is always a big challenge, and an invaluable learning process; it's only by finishing and releasing a game on a given hardware platform that you really get to grips with it – you know, which things it does well, which things it struggles with - and there's a lot of things we've learnt about working on the PS3 from developing Haze that will feed into the planning and early development on all of our future games, including TS4.

PSU: Will Free Radical be using the same technology and game engine used in Haze in Timepsplitters 4?

Derek: We haven't made any firm decisions about what technology we'll be using for TS4 as it naturally has slightly different requirements to Haze. But I think you can expect the core engine to be the same, yes.

PSU: Anything else you'd like to add about Haze or Timesplitters?

Rob: Buy them! I need to retile my roof before the rainy season starts.
blitz-dice
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: blitzburgh16

Haze Delayed?

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-94878.aspx
Free Radical(GoldenEye/Timesplitters)’s highly anticipated next gen FPS, Haze, appears to have been delayed. Originally due out in November 07, the game was pushed back until January 08. Now, it looks like it has delayed further by 3 months. Several online retailers have confirmed this, such as Amazon.com and BestBuy.com, indicating a released towards the later half of March.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity... Awwwww Riiggght!"

Halina't mag dice tayong lahat :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile: :bigmouth: :evilsmile:

Blitzburgh Steelers FTW!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

oh well its better to have it delayed than force a game to release early, alam na nating ano mangyayari hehehe be like Polyphony, they said they won't release GT5 until they are satisfied with it (naku baka 2009 pa ito lols lols)