End of an Era: Nintendo Power magazine

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
javelin
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

Having grown up since the late 1980s on everything Nintendo,
I used to eagerly await the mail each month for each brand spanking new monthly issue
of Nintendo Power magazine.....staring firstly into the cool looking cover that graces
the front of each issue. Then slowly working my way page by page through the issue,
soaking up all the info my little mind could comprehend, eventually frantically looking for the "cheats/classified info" section.
I didn't mind much the reviews, as in that young age, I couldn't really understand what the gaming reviews
or scores meant. How I bought NES/SNES/N64 games, I did so based on the brand/title.
So like when a game like TMNT IV: Turtles in Time came out for the SNES, I quickly bought that because
I was (and still am) a huge TMNT fan. The same can be said when the game Goof Troop came out, despite what
I read in Nintendo Power about it, I still bought it, and it was actually fun. The same cannot be said about Home Alone,
that I wish I read the reviews of prior to begging my dad/mom to purchase it for me.

NINTENDO POWER!! Nintend-nerd fanatics who grew up reading your magazines, before the advent of the internet
and online zines, will truly miss you. The issues of Nintendo Power will surely become collectors items.
So make sure you get a copy of the last issue to made, which comes out this December.

What's your favorite Nintendo Power issue and cover??
DarkRushBeat
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i'll also miss them..i have been collecting issues (present and past) of this magazine. why would they shut down? is it because of Wii U?

my fave Nintendo Power issues are those focusing on

- Nintendo 3DS Launch
- Pokemon White/Black
Everybody wants Happiness, Nobody wants Pain...
But you can't have a Rainbow, without a little Rain....

Wrestling/Handheld Games/Horror/Zombie Films/Paranormal/Basketball Shoes/Body Building

Gameboy/Nintendo DS/PSP/Nintendo 3DS
FC: 1934-0903-9050
ezelogs
Aquanaut's Holiday
Aquanaut's Holiday
PSN ID: ezelogs

Most Gaming magazines are shutting down due to poor subscriptions. I myself a collector of gaming magazine particularly Nintendo Power, Xpert gamer and Gamepro (right now i only collect game informer). I blame the easy access media called the internet.

I am going to miss those colorful, humorous and very informative pages with tons of information that will solve your cravings. Thanks Nintendo Power.