Apple iPad

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Fed_05

HaseoSy wrote:Mga sir magkno,po b price ng ipad 2 ngayon? Plan ko sana bumili din nito.=)
kung sa Apple Store ka bibili sa pagkaka-alam ko eto price nila:

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

16GB - Php 23,990,00
32GB - Php 28,990,00
64GB - Php 33,990,00

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G

16GB - Php 30,990,00
32GB - Php 35,990,00
64GB - Php 40,990,00

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: JOEY_ed27

At first I was set on getting this... then I waited for Vita's pricing to come out... now since the the price is practically the same... Im back at wanting an ipad 2 again...
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

joey_ed27 wrote:At first I was set on getting this... then I waited for Vita's pricing to come out... now since the the price is practically the same... Im back at wanting an ipad 2 again...
At this point I'd suggest waiting for the news about the Ipad 3. Since apple products have a yearly release cycle, it's really not advisable to buy an apple product so close to the release window of its next iteration. Since the Ipad 2 was released around March last year, I think the Ipad 3 would be released around the same time. :)
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:
joey_ed27 wrote:At first I was set on getting this... then I waited for Vita's pricing to come out... now since the the price is practically the same... Im back at wanting an ipad 2 again...
At this point I'd suggest waiting for the news about the Ipad 3. Since apple products have a yearly release cycle, it's really not advisable to buy an apple product so close to the release window of its next iteration. Since the Ipad 2 was released around March last year, I think the Ipad 3 would be released around the same time. :)
ganun ba so march of this year out na rin ipad 3? same price kaya yan ng ipad 2 on release?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ I would think so. Tapos siguro bababa yung presyo ng Ipad 2. Kasi nung lumabas yung Ipad 2, same price lang siya nung unang lumabas Ipad 1 tapos yung presyo naman ng Ipad 1 bagsak agad.
jazzeon
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jazzeon

punta ka sa mac rumors meron don buyers guide.
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." - Orson Welles
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:^ I would think so. Tapos siguro bababa yung presyo ng Ipad 2. Kasi nung lumabas yung Ipad 2, same price lang siya nung unang lumabas Ipad 1 tapos yung presyo naman ng Ipad 1 bagsak agad.
jazzeon wrote:punta ka sa mac rumors meron don buyers guide.

Thanks to both of you :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Was curious again with the ipad cause last night I tried playing games (fight night & street fighter) on may cousins ipod touch. It was good. Maybe with Ipad's screen size gaming would be even better. :bigmouth:
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

san ito? :ashamed:
jazzeon
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

joey_ed27 wrote:
san ito? :ashamed:
macrumors.com meron dyan buyers guide. ang sabi nila sa iPad buy only if you need it.
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." - Orson Welles
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ ganun ba.. only when I need it.. :bigmouth:

Im actually looking at it as a handheld gaming device since some of the games on the console are available on the apps/ itunes market.

Tama ba yun perspective na yun ipad 2 for gaming... I tried the ipod touch kasi naliliitan ako.. Rather than getting a Vita.. ipad 2 nalang muna
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

For gaming, I would still get the Vita. Iba pa din kasi ang quality eh, though talagang nageenjoy ako sa 2k12 ngayon sa ipad. The thing though is, hindi siya close to console quality but it does do the job of giving you enjoyment for the price of the games.
Ang magiging major difference niya though is that the Vita would give you console quality gaming in a handheld.

So tingin ko, don't buy the pad for gaming purposes lang...mas malaki ang capabilities niya and it goes far more toward multimedia than just gaming. Ang Vita naman, mas more on gaming talaga and a bit less on other multimedia when compared to the ipad.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
francis_1787
Silverload
Silverload
PSN ID: franzco

Although may console games na lumalabas sa app store, hindi sila exactly same gameplay or content.

For example, yung mirror's edge sa console first person pero sa ipad third person siya. Medyo trivial at first pero kung iisipin mo, yan talaga yung nagdistinguish sa mirror's edge and it's just not the same experience.

The point I'm trying to make is that baka ma-underwhelm ka lang kung nag-eexpect ka ng console-like feel sa mga ipad games. Mas bagay talaga ang tablets and phones dun sa mga games na you can play for short periods of time. There are some games that are more suited to be played with a controller.

For the most part naman, ang napalitan ng ipad ko is yung laptop ko. Pero in relation to gaming, mas masaya maglaro ngayon kasi sobrang daling tumingin ng walkthrough habang naglalaro. :lol:
PSN ID: franzco
Diablo 3 Battletag: franzco#6706
Steam Id: legen-dairy

Currently Playing: Diablo 3, DOTA 2, Marvel Heroes
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Seraph011 wrote:For gaming, I would still get the Vita. Iba pa din kasi ang quality eh, though talagang nageenjoy ako sa 2k12 ngayon sa ipad. The thing though is, hindi siya close to console quality but it does do the job of giving you enjoyment for the price of the games.
Ang magiging major difference niya though is that the Vita would give you console quality gaming in a handheld.

So tingin ko, don't buy the pad for gaming purposes lang...mas malaki ang capabilities niya and it goes far more toward multimedia than just gaming. Ang Vita naman, mas more on gaming talaga and a bit less on other multimedia when compared to the ipad.
:2thumbs: Thats actually one of the games that interest me.

:2thumbs: True, iba parin syempre ang magiging experience on a device dedicated for gaming. One thing I realize though, Im not going to play games on a handheld device at home. Ive got PS3 & 360 for that. Siguro nga Ipad 2 would be a better choice for me considering it gives me other capabilities in the long run.
francis_1787 wrote:Although may console games na lumalabas sa app store, hindi sila exactly same gameplay or content.
:2thumbs: I noticed this. Played Fight Night on an ipod touch... Theres just no comparison sa console. I only like the fact that a version of some console games that I like is available on the apps store.. Pwede na rin,
jazzeon
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

joey_ed27 wrote:^ ganun ba.. only when I need it.. :bigmouth:

Im actually looking at it as a handheld gaming device since some of the games on the console are available on the apps/ itunes market.

Tama ba yun perspective na yun ipad 2 for gaming... I tried the ipod touch kasi naliliitan ako.. Rather than getting a Vita.. ipad 2 nalang muna
magvita ka na lang kung for gaming.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Basta keep in mind that you're buying the pad for more than just gaming purposes dapat. Andun yung other apps and shempre may games na mas friendly sa ipad than on a pc / console. Example would be plants VS Zombies.

For pure gaming naman, you can go either Vita or 3DS. Yun nga lang, other than gaming, medyo limited ka na sa magagawa mo on those devices when you compare to something like the ipad or other tablets.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Seraph011 wrote:Basta keep in mind that you're buying the pad for more than just gaming purposes dapat. Andun yung other apps and shempre may games na mas friendly sa ipad than on a pc / console. Example would be plants VS Zombies.

For pure gaming naman, you can go either Vita or 3DS. Yun nga lang, other than gaming, medyo limited ka na sa magagawa mo on those devices when you compare to something like the ipad or other tablets.
Thanks bro.. well said :2thumbs:
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

jazzeon wrote:
joey_ed27 wrote:^ ganun ba.. only when I need it.. :bigmouth:

magvita ka na lang kung for gaming.
i'LL still get a Vita bro :2thumbs: . Just not at the moment. Unahahin ko na muna Ipad. Most likely I'll wait this one out until theres a significant price cut and more importantly the games that I like is already available.
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

eto para sa mga naghihintay ng iPad 3 :agree:

Report: iPad 3 Coming This March
Apple fans will soon have the opportunity to plunk down cash on the company's newest iPad.

According to a report from Bloomberg, the iPad 3 will go on sale this March and include a high-definition screen, a more powerful processor, and the ability to talk to faster wireless networks.

The screen will be a greater resolution than the iPad 2 and communicate with a wireless standard called long-term evolution, or LTE, that will soon be available from Verizon and AT&T.

Apple has declined to comment on the report.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... march.aspx

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-1 ... -chip.html

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
joey_ed27
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Although sa akin.. take my credit card :ashamed: :rofl: :rofl:
Fed_05