PC Setup Thread

Do you also play with non-PlayStation devices? Do you enjoy playing as a plumber saving a princess? Or some bald marines? Or maybe you want to play using the touchscreen?
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

May actual na troubleshooting yung video na ito kasi ayaw mag boot ng maayos sa umpisa. :lol:

Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
ServiceStar
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: US: xBigticketx R3: xFreedomJusticex

oo nga noh. ang kulit. change the "mammaries" hehe.
TIME TO LOCK AND LOAD
Keep It Classy!!!
Add me up
PSN ID's:
US: xBigticketx
HK: FreedomJustice
CAD: PhantomTicket
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Some CES hardware showcases by Paul's Hardware. I want that ultra-wide screen monitor! :lol: (I read somewhere that Shadow of the Tomb Raider can support 3440x1440 resolution)

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

"Bloody gravity" :lol:

Asus Strix Fix, Another Defective Radeon RX 5700 XT

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Medyo may driver (or perhaps hardware compatibility) issues pa rin ang GPUs ng AMD. Dati kasi naka ATI Radeon 9800 Pro ako at nasiyahan naman ako. Lumipat sa NVIDIA 8800 GTS (also happy with that). Pero nung nag AMD Radeon 5600 na ako, panay issues na. NVIDIA 560 GTX Ti pa yung huli kong nagamit. :lol: Hindi na rin ako masyado nag gaming sa PC nung nagka PS4 at Wii U (at 3DS). Pero may nagsasabi rin na hindi daw "properly binned" ang GPUs nila...

Can We Still Recommend Radeon GPUs? AMD Driver Issues Discussed

EDIT: Added the video below. RTX on vs RTX off! :mrgreen:

NVIDIA RTX In 2020 - STILL Not Worth It?

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

From monitoring your temperatures, to streaming gameplays, this video shows you some useful (free) softwares. I've been using the first two programs mentioned here for years now. :)

FREE programs that EVERY PC should have...

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

CPU-z lang ang nagamit ko. Kapag nag-overclock ako ng laptop ko baka masyadong uminit. Maingay na nga minsan ang fan e. :lol:

i3-5000 + nVidia GTX1050 lang.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

That Intel NUC looks really good. Until I saw the benchmarks... and price! :lol:

Is This TINY Gaming PC Worth It? Intel NUC 9 Extreme Review[/v]

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Balang araw magyo-YOLO rin ako kapag nagbuo ng PC!!! :lol:

Building a New LGR Editing PC! Threadripper 3970X

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ginisa ng maige yung Z490 board ng AsRock! :lol:

Huge Disappointment: ASRock Z490 Velocita Motherboard PCB Review[/b\

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Corsair Recalls a batch of SF Series Power Supplies
There's a problem with high Temperatures and humidity on a specific batch of them. Corsair discovered a potential problem with its SF series of Platinum-certified SFX power supplies that can lead to failure when the unit is exposed to high temperatures and high humidity.

SF units with a batch code between 194448xx to 201148xx, (October 2019 to March 2020), can potentially fail. Customers who purchased their SF power supplies before October shouldn’t be impacted.

“This problem can be apparent as soon as the unit is powered on for the first time, or manifest over time as the unit is exposed to a range of environmental conditions,” wrote Corsair. “We want to reassure customers that impacted units in no way risk damage to the components and hardware connected to your SF series PSU. This fault can occur only on the primary side of the PSU and is entirely isolated from the DC side of the PSU’s transformer that delivers power to your PC’s hardware.”

“While this issue does not, and will not, impact every unit manufactured within this time, out of an abundance of caution and commitment to the quality of the SF-Series, we are starting a voluntary product replacement program for owners of SF PSUs within this lot code range.”

If you own one, check it out and if so and you would like a new one, you can go here to submit a ticket to Corsair’s customer service team. “Where possible, we will endeavour to offer advance replacement of units to minimize customer downtime and disruption,” noted Corsair.

“The originally purchased unit will need to be returned to CORSAIR, at our expense.” So Corsair will replace the unit free of cost and even take care of the shipping fees.
SOURCE: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsa ... plies.html

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sa mga "old-timer" tulad ko! :lol:

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

hindi na ma-view yung video, pafs
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Huh, weird. Napapanood ko pa rin dito eh. Subukan ko na lang uli with spaces na lang tapos edit niyo na lang at save sa notes or text file.

https: // www.twitch.tv /oldtimeycomputershow/

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yung Twitch na channel mismo okay naman. Yung naka-embed na video lang siguro ang may problema.
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

The article states that pricing for current NVIDIA card will rise due to the resurgence of the mining craze. Which is so [EXPLETIVE SELF-DELETED] lame!!! :evil: We're already seeing some high mark-ups on processors and this happens. Seriously, I may not be able to build a good PC at this rate. (Kung hindi lang ako na-PTSD sa huling AMD card ko, puwede sana iyon eh)

NVIDIA Ends Production of GeForce RTX 20 ‘Turing’ Series As GeForce RTX 30 ‘Ampere’ Gaming Graphics Card Launch Gets Closer, Price Hike For Current High-End Cards Expected
NVIDIA has reportedly ceased production of its GeForce RTX 20 'Turing' lineup to make room for the next-generation GeForce RTX 30 'Ampere' graphics cards. The report comes from Ithome who has reported that not only are the majority of the high-end GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards being discontinued but will soon be delisted by major vendors as they prep up for NVIDIA's next-generation gaming lineup.

NVIDIA Ends GeForce RTX 20 'Turing' Series Production To Make Room For GeForce RTX 30 'Ampere' Gaming Graphics Cards
As per the report, NVIDIA will be ending production of its high-end GeForce RTX 20 series lineup which includes the following graphics cards:

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
GeForce RTX 2070

All four graphics cards listed are part of NVIDIA's high-end and ultra-enthusiast segment. All cards utilize different Turing GPU, we get the TU102 on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, the TU104 on GeForce RTX 2080 & RTX 2070 SUPER and the TU106 GPU on the GeForce RTX 2070. The report also claims that not only would the production be halted on these four graphics cards but they will also be de-listed by major vendors including NVIDIA themselves in the coming months.

It is additionally reported that ending production on GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards will lead to severe shortages in the coming weeks due to a rising demand in the mining segment which has started to revive in recent months. This could lead to the GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER & RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards to be out of stock much sooner than expected.

This could be a good thing for next-generation Ampere cards in terms of pricing. During the last generation, large quantities of NVIDIA Pascal GPUs were prepped due to the mining craze and several OEMs and retailers had to price hike the initial Turing cards to clear away inventory of older cards. If the Turing inventory is non-existent at Ampere's launch, then retailers would focus on the new cards and pricing them according to the MSRP suggested by NVIDIA rather than inflating them to sell and clear away older GPUs.

However, at the same time, those who are looking to get a Turing graphics card right now will be disappointed by the fact that a price hike on the GeForce RTX 20 series is being talked around by several retailers across the globe. That and with the resurgence of the mining craze is going to end up inflating prices on all existing high-end cards. The price hike is suggested to occur this month & My drivers report that even the mainstream GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER & the GeForce RTX 2060 will be affected. It is stated that NVIDIA has internally notified its AIB partners to adjust prices with the demand accordingly.

This more or less proves that while the current inventory is cleared up, we can expect the prices of Ampere based Gaming graphics cards to be much better at launch in the retail segment compared to what we saw the last generation. NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 30 series has also seen significant leaks in the past few weeks which confirms that we are headed for an intense graphics card season with NVIDIA and AMD going full guns blazing against each other to win significant gaming share in 2020 and beyond. Both sources report 17th September as a potential launch date for NVIDIA's next-gen gaming graphics cards.
SOURCE: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx ... nch-close/

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
slaughterbit
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: slaughterbit

Superman/Geralt building a PC. :lol:
US PSN ID: slaughterbit
HK PSN ID: slaughterbit_hk

Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hindi ko na yata aabutin yung point na makakapagbuo ako ng PC na katulad niyan. Unless yung mga gusto ko talagang games nasa PC lang. :lol:

Karamihan ng gusto kong games, controller-based, kaya consoles. :lol:
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^^^ Aside from the exclusives, the "plug n' play" nature of consoles still makes them great for gaming. Game on a PC if you don't mind (or like) tweaking settings thru the BIOS / UEFI and/or thru the program/game's menu :)

AMD and Intel do battle over TSMC capacity, says report
A new report from Taiwan suggests that AMD and Intel are battling for production capacity at TSMC. This news might be behind the ceasing of trading of TSMC shares on Taiwan's stock market earlier today, due to caps on daily price movements. The company is up 10 per cent in the most recent trading session which flat-lined about mid-day Taiwan time, after intervention.

CNBC notes that the TSMC rally is due in part to Intel's financial statements last week, where it said it would be delaying its 7nm chips. Furthermore, Intel indicated it might hire other foundries to make advanced 7nm processors. However, the potentially bigger news, for TSMC at least, comes today via Taiwan's China News which asserts that Intel is indeed in talks with TSMC and is anxious to grab production capacity.

Insiders talking to the Taiwanese newspaper have indicated the following:

* Intel has reached an agreement with TSMC
* TSMC will begin mass production of Intel CPUs and/or GPUs next year
* Intel chips will be fabricated on TSMC's 7nm optimised version of its 6nm process. (I'm not sure if that means TSMC N7P, N7+, or N6.)

Intel can be thankful for the TSMC capacity made available by the Huawei / HiSilicon orders being cancelled or it would be in an even worse position.

Meanwhile, AMD will press ahead to try and take advantage of its chief opponent's misfortunes / missteps. AMD hopes to capture market share in desktops, laptops, and servers and its Zen 3 CPUs and RDNA 2 GPUs will be instrumental in this aim going into the new year. AMD's next gen parts will be made on TSMC's N7/N7+ processes, and it is expected to be TSMC's biggest 7nm customer in 2021. This is all the more impressive because TSMC's 7nm capacity for 2021 will be double what it was this year.

You can read the Chinese language China Times article in English using Google Translate, or check out Twitter's Retired Engineer version here. Please note a couple of things: AMD is sometimes mistranslated as Supermicro, as it uses the same Chinese characters for some reason; and it is recommended you take the industry sourced news with a pinch of salt.

Intel does the GPU hokey cokey

The official Intel Graphics Twitter account teased followers with more Xe graphics news and then apparently changed its mind. The Tweet below was shared on Saturday.

VideoCardz has thankfully captured the Tweet for posterity. You can see, above, it said that we would learn more about Xe GPUs in 20 days time, which would have been 14th August. We can only guess about the reason for the Tweet removal, perhaps it is something as simple as it indicating the wrong date. The next officially scheduled Intel launch will be that of Tiger Lake mobile processors on 2nd September.
SOURCE: https://hexus.net/business/news/compone ... ys-report/

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

1 lang naman yung talagang nilaro ko sa PC, yung Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation :lol: