Headphones Thread

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
sib
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

Sennheiser Store (Singapore)
I tried some open-back headphones, HD599, HD600, HD650 at the Sennheiser store in Singapore, since they were on sale last month. I think they're at their best for acoustic. I was disappointed with the highs, since it felt like they were 'capped' compared to my ATH-LS200is and ATH-MSR7. It didn't sound veiled, it was like they hit a wall/limit and then that's the max they could go to.

I wasn't able to test the HD600 & HD650 with songs I'm familiar with, since they needed required an amp, so I tested them using the songs on their set-up in the shop.

E-earphones (ÅŒsaka)
Earlier this year, I went to e-earphones (audiophile heaven) in ÅŒsaka. I first tried the Campfire Audio Comet with ballad, acoustic and strings, and the detail was sooooo good that I wanted to buy it. The sound of the bass paired with my player was also the one that I was looking for. That was until I played some 'band' songs. I've read online that the Comet doesn't sound good if there are a number of instruments, but I thought there was no way that it would sound worse than my LS200. Well, I was wrong. It sounded like a mess.

I then tried to play hard-rock and post-hardcore songs on the other CA earphones - Solaris/Polaris (not sure), Jupiter and Andromeda. I didn't like the bass on the first two. The only thing I remember from the Andromeda was that it sounded like the bass was coming from behind my legs. It also sounded weird.

After that, I tried the same songs on several other earphones, until I found the Shure SE425. The bass on the SE425 was close to what I was looking for, so I tried the SE535 and d*mn this is what I wanted from the bass when it comes to hard-rock, post-hardcore, metalcore. But there were some issues. The first problem was that the bass was too strong and there's not much detail in the midrange when playing ballad and acoustic songs. The second issue is that it costs around JPY50,000. There's no way I was gonna buy this just for playing the other end of my musical preference.
Currently Playing
PS4:
PSV:
PC: Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps-, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Nice review there. I do not have a lot of experience in using headphones but this is something to think about if ever I get one.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: DonKB-PSX

I've been using my Behringer 302USB for almost 5 years now as my "headphone AMP+DAC" and I am very happy with it. But I fear I might not be able to use it as a "sound card" when the time comes when I need to move to Windows 10 for the lack of proper drivers. This video showed me some of the headphone AMP+DACs to consider. Do note that if your board's sound chip is "decent", then you probably don't need this.

The BEST Gaming Audio Setup I've Used...So Far!
Your friendly neighborhood, generic bald and filthy casual gamer

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
PS4 "Amateur" (CUH-1106A) - June 5, 2015 to Present
PS5 - June 18, 2022 to Present
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Mag iisang taon na nga pala ito sa akin sa late November / early December. Sabay ko nabili sa Lazada store ng EggHead.

Mahigpit lang yung headband sa umpisa pero katagalan comfy na sa akin yung headphones lalo yung sa kasamang earcups. Naisusuot ko ng ilang oras din. Sound frequency is leaning towards V-shape but may not be boomy enough for those crazy for bass. :lol: May kasama nang mga kable rin (3.5mm at 6.35mm) kaya puwede ikabit sa android phones, console gamepads at HiFi audio gears.

I really like the sound signature of this one. Leaning more on the "neutral" side. Earcups are also very comfy. Yun lang pagpapawisan tainga mo kung hindi ka naka aircon sa kuwarto. :lol: Although hindi detachable yung kable, puwede mong alisin yung nakakabit na 6.35mm adaptor para maikabit mo sa 3.5mm headphone port.

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
GabrielGaming
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer
PSN ID: kurtskykg

DonKB-PSX wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:10 am Mag iisang taon na nga pala ito sa akin sa late November / early December. Sabay ko nabili sa Lazada store ng EggHead.

Mahigpit lang yung headband sa umpisa pero katagalan comfy na sa akin yung headphones lalo yung sa kasamang earcups. Naisusuot ko ng ilang oras din. Sound frequency is leaning towards V-shape but may not be boomy enough for those crazy for bass. :lol: May kasama nang mga kable rin (3.5mm at 6.35mm) kaya puwede ikabit sa android phones, console gamepads at HiFi audio gears.

I really like the sound signature of this one. Leaning more on the "neutral" side. Earcups are also very comfy. Yun lang pagpapawisan tainga mo kung hindi ka naka aircon sa kuwarto. :lol: Although hindi detachable yung kable, puwede mong alisin yung nakakabit na 6.35mm adaptor para maikabit mo sa 3.5mm headphone port.
Excellent review master. Hindi ako ma technical sa mga specs ng headset as long as noise cancel and hindi masakit sa tenga pag matagal na ginagamit. My friend has those Audio Technica ones, okay daw sila especially when streaming.

Is JBL a good brand too?
90's Kid. Potts Disease Survivor.
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/RealKikoGG | NSW-5356-2178-9797
VincH
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^JBL and Audio Technica owned by the same company so JBL is good. Nagkaron na din ako ng JBL headset before and sa mga bluetooth speakers nila satisfied ako.

I recently bought KZ AST with 24 drivers total (12 each ear). I'm super satisfied with the sound quality! Binilhan ko din ng bluetooth earhooks. Walang wala yung Airpods Pro ko when it comes to sound quality! Mas cheaper pa.
saaaandaliiiii laaaaannnggg!!!
DonKB-PSX
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

VincH wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:37 pm ^JBL and Audio Technica owned by the same company so JBL is good. Nagkaron na din ako ng JBL headset before and sa mga bluetooth speakers nila satisfied ako.
TIL. :sweat:. Actually hindi rin ganoon kadami alam ko pag dating sa Hi-Fi audio gear. At iilan din yung audio gear ko dito na may kamahalan as I also have very limited resources. :sweat: I'm currently just using my portable Behringer mixer (Q502) tapos dati nung sa PS4 nakakabit thru Optical Out papunta sa Optical to RCA na FiiO na bili ko pa sa Spectra sa Ayala Makati.

PSN I.D. - DonKB-PSX
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

nakalimutan ko yung tatak ng headphones mula sa previous work ko. :sweat:
pero yun ang gusto kong bilhin.

as for now ginagamit ko itong in-issue ng current company. :D
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.