Usapang Superheroes

Talk about things other than video games. What are your other hobbies? What's your favorite TV show? Are you into sports. Any recommended restaurants? Do you travel?
the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project
PSN ID: D1_WhoKnocks

Parang ginawa na nga nilang marketing strategy yung mga "Death" story arcs eh haha! Besides that, at least medyo nagkakaruon more creative ang writers and artists since hindi paulit ulit yung ginagawa nila :D
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Yeah. There was a time that fans were shocked by these so called "deaths". Pero ngayon, we're just like, "kailan kaya uli sya bubuhyain?".

Besides, These characters have been around for decades. Even older than us. Kailangan talaga ng change in status quo minsan.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

Sawakas, next week na ang first issue ng We Stand On Guard ni Brian Vaughan :D

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic ... omics-2015
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Last Toycon 2015, I was able to snag a copy of the Arkham: Origins graphic novel. I was surprised na na parang choose-your-own-adventure and not a straight-up graphic novel. Pretty original.

the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

comic book release for July 1st

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/newr ... /next-week

Plenty of issue number ones coming this week :D
the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

Grant Morrison writing the origin story of Santa Claus, I'm sold :D

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/grant ... 00-152757/
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

The New Spider-Man is like ...... "Batman"? :shock:

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/30/a-detai ... der-mobile
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Crazycajun wrote:Yeah. There was a time that fans were shocked by these so called "deaths". Pero ngayon, we're just like, "kailan kaya uli sya bubuhyain?".

Besides, These characters have been around for decades. Even older than us. Kailangan talaga ng change in status quo minsan.
As far as "deaths" in comics are concerned, ito lang ang notables na for me may "shock" factor:
- Multiple Man
- Superman
- Captain America
- or someone i forgot

The rest parang "ok, then what? bubuhayin nila uli?"
Yung kay Colossus parang wala lang eh.

Anyway, lumabas na yung mga bagong comics post-Secret Wars..
Parang di ko trip... Siguro laking-616 lang talaga ako at di pa mag-sink-in sa akin yung mga changes.
Well, tiba-tiba na naman ang Marvel dahil maraming papatol sa mga Issue #1's na mga comics nila..

Yeah, i'll be getting that Amazing Spider-Man #1 in October although i'm pissed off that Spidey got his own ride ala-Batman.
I don't mind him having a costume enhancement and Parker having his own company. I'm happy that the costume is designed by Alex Ross. Yung Spider-Mobile lang talaga ang badtrip. Reminds me of the Japanese Tokusatsu show in the 70's "Supaidah-Man".
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

SirZap wrote:The New Spider-Man is like ...... "Batman"? :shock:

oo nga e. may kumpanya at kotse pa :D
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

I think the costume naman is plot driven, and I'm sure Marvel will eventually revert back to the original costume soon enough. Sort of like what happened with Superior Spider-Man :D
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

deathzero23 wrote:
Crazycajun wrote:Yeah. There was a time that fans were shocked by these so called "deaths". Pero ngayon, we're just like, "kailan kaya uli sya bubuhyain?".

Parang di ko trip... Siguro laking-616 lang talaga ako at di pa mag-sink-in sa akin yung mga changes.
Well, tiba-tiba na naman ang Marvel dahil maraming papatol sa mga Issue #1's na mga comics nila..

Yeah, i'll be getting that Amazing Spider-Man #1 in October although i'm pissed off that Spidey got his own ride ala-Batman.
I don't mind him having a costume enhancement and Parker having his own company. I'm happy that the costume is designed by Alex Ross. Yung Spider-Mobile lang talaga ang badtrip. Reminds me of the Japanese Tokusatsu show in the 70's "Supaidah-Man".
Yeah. Gone are the days na umaabot ng 100+ ang issues ng comics. Laging may reboot, relaunch, restart para bumenta and to avoid alienating new readers. On the flip side, maganda rin for thos who buy ng mga collected editions lang (like me).

the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

If you miss the mighty morphin Power Rangers, then this might be the comic book for you :D

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION-806010
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Ok nga yan. Pag nagkaroon ng bagong Spider-Man game, may Spider-Mobile sections din. Tapos pwedeng gumapang sa mga buldings. Take that, Batmobile! :mrgreen:

the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

Crazycajun wrote:

Ok nga yan. Pag nagkaroon ng bagong Spider-Man game, may Spider-Mobile sections din. Tapos pwedeng gumapang sa mga buldings. Take that, Batmobile! :mrgreen:
Although it does look like a Barbie Dune Buggy haha!

The one from old man logan looks better :D

SirZap
Big Daddy

if you just compare him with the japan version.

Like · Comment · Share
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Spider-Mobile... It made me think that somehow this is not only comic-book driven plot but also on business-driven in the real world. Once that Spider Mobile got sink in to mainstream readers like how it will be "cool", possibly it could carry over to a cartoon show. And the next thing we know, Spidey kiddie toys with a car (with reference to the source material) will be sold in malls. It's just my guess.. I could be wrong.

One thing is for sure, Hasbro has another action figure to milk-in. And... i'll get that action figure too haha. Pandagdag sa collection.
Darn you Marvel :lol:
the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

deathzero23 wrote:Spider-Mobile... It made me think that somehow this is not only comic-book driven plot but also on business-driven in the real world. Once that Spider Mobile got sink in to mainstream readers like how it will be "cool", possibly it could carry over to a cartoon show. And the next thing we know, Spidey kiddie toys with a car (with reference to the source material) will be sold in malls. It's just my guess.. I could be wrong.

One thing is for sure, Hasbro has another action figure to milk-in. And... i'll get that action figure too haha. Pandagdag sa collection.
Darn you Marvel :lol:
He even has his own gundam, so that's another toy they can pull off :D

deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^what the heck? I haven't read comics for a while.. But is that from Spider-Verse?
Pati tokusatsu spider-man sinama pala nila sa plot? Hahaha..
the_danger
The Raiden Project
The Raiden Project

deathzero23 wrote:^what the heck? I haven't read comics for a while.. But is that from Spider-Verse?
Pati tokusatsu spider-man sinama pala nila sa plot? Hahaha..
Yup galing yan sa Spider Verse :D I haven't read it though, since its my brother who collects Spider Man books
SirZap
Big Daddy

Like · Comment · Share