Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

pati yung font ng konami sa mgs4 astig!!!
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

WTF! Naomi lost her accent? Damn! Twin Snakes all over again!

Why is Naomi with Liquid Ocelot? I guess she's being forced to cooperate. How? Probably someone dear to her has been taken hostage. But who? Richard Ames? Impossible! Ames died in the Big Shell. Then who?

Who is that masked soldier that is with Meryl? Apparently, he's not affected by the nanomachines. If you look closely, some of his hair is shown... white hair. Could it be Raiden? But Raiden is a cyborg now. Could it be that during that scene, Raiden isn't a cyborg yet. That means there could be more than one scenario and Raiden actually died in the early scenarios then became a cyborg in the later ones. It could suggest that the grave Snake is saluting in the E3 2006 trailer is Raiden's.

OMFG! I hate speculating! 2007 seems like forever. Give me 2008 already!
:bigmouth:
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

basta it will be all answered in MGS4 :D
daddycharlie
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: daddycharlie

..ilang buwan pa... :(
PSN ID:daddycharlie Asian PS3

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy." - Bob Kelso
“Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.” - Douglas MacArthur
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

http://www.metalgearsolid.org/forum/vie ... 35&start=0
1. Gekkous are being transported in the backs of the trucks.

2. FOXHOUND members are all wearing the same Sneaking Suit, which now has a label and serial number on the sleeve.

3. FOXHOUND member Jonathan is the one with the mohawk.

4. The black FOXHOUND member has a tattoo of the word "Faith" on his arm, along with two tribal tattoos.

5. The masked FOXHOUND member has light hair peaking out of his mask. He is also unaffected by the nanomachine tampering(?).

6. Two of the four FOXHOUND members, Meryl and Jonathan, share the same names as Policenauts characters. Wonder if we'll see a Tony, Ed, or Dave...

7. The soldiers don't just vomit and foam at the mouth, they lose bowel control.

8. The entire conversation between Snake and Campbell doubles as an in-joke referring to the PS3 capabilities and how MGS4 uses them.

9. Naomi Hunter is in the helicopter that comes to pick up Liquid.

10. The Gekkous in the Raiden vs Vamp segment are painted with camo patterns.

11. Raiden's chest plates are still damaged from the Gekkou battle of the E3 trailer, so this must occur after that, chronologically.

12. In addition to the heel, he can also use the tabi-style split in the toes of his boots to grip weapons. The text on the side of Raiden's headgear reads, "caution /// dual solid eye system". The "skin" on his lower lip and jaw is actually transparent, and you can see his teeth, jawbone, and tongue through it.

13. Vamp's gunshot wound is now a scar and he's wearing 5 dogtags; perhaps a referance to MGS2, maybe one for each of the dead members of Dead Cell? He's also got cybernetic claws on his boots; his pants may actually be exoskeletal armor. Writing on his pants reads, "use designated tool to remove fastner".
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Mahigit half a year pa. :)
Kephalek
Novastorm
Novastorm
PSN ID: maKENithappen23

Lupit nung laban ni Vamp at Raiden nagsaksakan na buhay parin eh lalo na TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION samurai binaon talaga eh :-)

pero honestly parang naguluhan ako bigla sa storya after watching the trailers. :?:
"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"

PSN ID: maKENithappen23
parokyano
LeBronista

Basta kasama si Raiden mgulo ang istorya.
iampoch
PlayStation
PlayStation

but frankly i kind liked the Raiden character sa MGS2. He filled his character well. IMO, all the hate for the character derived from the fact that many fans were expecting to control Snake (which they did almost briefly). When the realization that they're pretty much stuck with Jack for the rest of the game, they were expecting a "Snake"-style of character. Frankly, if Kojima did that, then Raiden would've stunk for me. He's supposed to be in sharp contrast to Snake, and again his overall personality perfectly fit his role in the whole story, and what Kojima wanted to imply.
-----------------------------------------------
"The bottom line remains, we as consumers, want our content free (as in Freedom) and if we don't get it, we'll take our content free (as in beer)" --> Sums up my thought about DRM
ecchigo
Tekken
Tekken

wow ang galing nung laban nila vamp :-)
"Time is GOLD... when watching BOLD" :mrgreen:

PSN: ioshin23
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

One problem pa rin sa PS3 na apparent sa game na ito is yung shadows (base on the new trailer). Medyo jaggy pa rin hanngang ngayon kahit yung self-shadowing.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

eynjel18 wrote:One problem pa rin sa PS3 na apparent sa game na ito is yung shadows (base on the new trailer). Medyo jaggy pa rin hanngang ngayon kahit yung self-shadowing.
Yup! I agree. But shadows don't really need to be jagged free. What I like for MGS4 is to have soft shadows... just like in real life!
ersatzi
PlayStation
PlayStation

If you watched the Kojima interview during E3, he hinted na ganun talaga yung gameplay diba? If that's so, it would a huge step in terms of yung graphics and layering... I mean, sabihin na natin na maganda na rin TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pagkakagawa sa MGS3, iba pa rin itsura nito eh...

Pero tama nga kayo, mejo jagged pa rin TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION shadows... Di ko rin magets kung baket duguan TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION mga PMCs pag hiniwa na sila nung sword ni Raiden...

I like the plot, closure for both characters - Snake and Raiden, pero hiwalay sila... I hope their stories never intersect in the game though, so parang 2 game modes talaga sya diba? :D
Favorite quotes:

Shake and bake! - Ricky Bobby
I am in a glass case of emotion! - Ron Burgundy
I love lamp! - Brick Tamland
Kelly Clarkson!!!! - Andy Stitzer
LoRdBlo0dz
Arc the Lad
Arc the Lad

LUFET ng TRAILER :-) :-)

QUESTION TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION

TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION bago matapos TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION TRAILER TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION 2 naglalaban

sino TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION naka sWORD?

at sino TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION parang TURUMPO na lalakeng namamato ng blades?
PSN US Account (MAIN) : LoRdBlo0dz (Zero yung 0)
PSN HK Account : MouriceWayne
PSvita : SFxTekken , PSABR , COD:Declassified , Unit 13 , AC 3:Liberation
PS3 : NBA 2k13 , Prototype 2
PS4 : Diablo 3 : Reaper of Souls , NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4
ersatzi
PlayStation
PlayStation

nakaSWORD - Raiden

yung kalaban nya - si Vamp...
Favorite quotes:

Shake and bake! - Ricky Bobby
I am in a glass case of emotion! - Ron Burgundy
I love lamp! - Brick Tamland
Kelly Clarkson!!!! - Andy Stitzer
parokyano
LeBronista

ersatzi wrote:If you watched the Kojima interview during E3, he hinted na ganun talaga yung gameplay diba? If that's so, it would a huge step in terms of yung graphics and layering... I mean, sabihin na natin na maganda na rin TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pagkakagawa sa MGS3, iba pa rin itsura nito eh...

Pero tama nga kayo, mejo jagged pa rin TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION shadows... Di ko rin magets kung baket duguan TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION mga PMCs pag hiniwa na sila nung sword ni Raiden...

I like the plot, closure for both characters - Snake and Raiden, pero hiwalay sila... I hope their stories never intersect in the game though, so parang 2 game modes talaga sya diba? :D
MGS2 part 2 ito.

or MGS2 + 2 = MGS4.
jomni
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jomni

Graphics is not so much improved from MGS3. Kulang sa dynamic lighting. Mukhang plastic pa rin mga tao, not like COD4. But I don't care because I'm more into the story and gameplay.
私はジョムニーです。 PSN = jomni

My blog and Used Games Store:
jomnisgames.blogspot.com
Selling original PS3, PS2, and PC games
More games for sale here!

Siren Zombie (しびと) Sightings
Vicious-sama
Cyber Sled
Cyber Sled

ersatzi wrote:If you watched the Kojima interview during E3, he hinted na ganun talaga yung gameplay diba? If that's so, it would a huge step in terms of yung graphics and layering... I mean, sabihin na natin na maganda na rin TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pagkakagawa sa MGS3, iba pa rin itsura nito eh...

You wont be able to play as Raiden in MGS4 and Kojima mentioned specifically that Raiden will pop in to help Snake in certain parts of the game. So yeah, Raiden will be very much involved in Snakes story.

@Jomni

The graphics are still a work in progress and I have no doubt Kojima will make MGS4 look fantastic when it's released. But you're right; Graphics are my number three concern when it comes to Metal Gear Solid. I want awesome gameplay and an awesome story. 2008 can't get here soon enough.
METALGEARSOLID4
June 12, 2008.

SNEAK OUT!
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

oo nga, story and gameplay over graphics din ako pagdating sa games. Kung eto na talaga ang last MGS eh sa tingin ko mahabahaba ang game na to. Sana minimum 30 hours ang gameplay and cutscenes para sulit ang last MGS. And kung present si Meryl at Naomi dapat kasama din ang favorite ko na si Mei Ling, kahit cameo lang ok na. Pero sana sya na ulit ang "Save Girl" sa MGS4. Nakakamiss tuloy yung MGS1 (asan na ba yung CD ko, malaro ga uli hehehe :D )

BTW, nung napanood ko yung latest e3 trailer eh medyo naalala ko yung opening scenes ng Jacob's Ladder. Yung part na nagwawala yung mga soldiers at nagaaway-away sila. If you saw the movie, you know what I'm talking about.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

eynjel18 wrote: BTW, nung napanood ko yung latest e3 trailer eh medyo naalala ko yung opening scenes ng Jacob's Ladder. Yung part na nagwawala yung mga soldiers at nagaaway-away sila. If you saw the movie, you know what I'm talking about.
Reminds me of MPO.