Final Fantasy VII Remake

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

New trailer on page 17.

Final Fantasy 7 HD Remake Discussed by Director
The director of Final Fantasy VII has admitted that while he "would love to" create a HD remake of the game, there are a number of obstacles standing in the way.

Speaking to Eurogamer in his capacity as producer of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Yoshinori Kitase admitted that he would love to do a remake, but it would be an enormous undertaking.

"I can honestly tell you I would love to do that," he said. "If you simply ask me if I personally would like to do that, yes I would. Definitely. There's no lie about it. But you must believe me when I say it would take a lot to happen."

Two of the biggest issues are apparently "staff availability and budget" which, given the epic scale of the game, makes sense. The development time required to recreate the world at the standard fans want would likely rival even Final Fantasy XV at this point. But Kitase also explained there's another reason he hasn't pursued a remake of the game: he's not actually motivated enough to do it, as it would be such a huge commitment.

"Even if I casually say I would like to do that, because it would be a huge project I would have to motivate myself to the level that I really am prepared to take on this huge responsibility," he said. "I don't know if those three things will happen simultaneously. It has to tick lots of very big boxes. I won't rule out the possibility, but it would take a lot to make it happen.

"But should I ever take it on, it would have to be the biggest project I've done. My life work. So I would have to be as highly motivated as that to end up with something I'm very happy with. It's a huge thing for me."

Elsewhere in the interview, Kitase admitted he had no knowledge of a HD remake of Final Fantasy XII being planned, though he said if the team that created it thought it was a good idea, then it could happen.

Demand for a HD remake of Final Fantasy VII has been high ever since a tech demo was released for the PS3. Since then, former company CEO Yoichi Wada said the game wouldn't be remade until a fresh entry in the franchise surpasses it in quality, a statement that was echoed by Tetsuya Nomura.
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/17/ ... e=facebook
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

1. Staff availability
2. Budget
3. Motivation

How can we do #3?
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

Budget = Kickstarter :)
runab0ut
Starblade Alpha
Starblade Alpha
PSN ID: mortari0nactual

Don't care much about FF7, but Squeenix should tread very carefully... a lot of gamers place the game on a pedestal.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/15/fi ... station-4/

Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

it is confusing, don't know what source siliconera is basing the story on, doubt it is a remake
z3kEn
Momento Mori

I can feel it.. ITS COMING!
Be Excited! xD
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

This would be the XYZth time that Siliconera reported false news. I'll believe it when Gematsu reports it.
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

its not really impossible to pull it off, with the right team and dedication sigurado ma-achieve yun albeit super matrabaho lang kasi they will be practically re-rendering it from scratch. It's never easy to render polygon meshes to the modern models and UI that we see today lalo pa't hiraman lang ng team at devs ang SE for each project that they come up so very limited ang manpower. I remember advent children took about 5 years daw yata to complete pano pa kaya yung game itself. It'll be a monumental task just to render and remodel the characters alone, pano pa kaya yung mga summon at cinematics?
**** ****!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

not to mention they are working on FFXV and KH3
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...kung totoo to at remake sya, sana kasing ganda ng FF15. :sweat:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

(And no, this isn’t the Final Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)
sana nga announce na nila sa E3........
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
z3kEn
Momento Mori

merging thread bro .. :)
z3kEn
Momento Mori

malalaman natin ang sagot bukas sa Sony Press con or sa SE Presscon..
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kung hindi itutuloy ng SE etong ff7 remanek then magsara na sila mga ****** nila! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
**** ****!
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

it's Siliconera , if SE had announced anything the news would be everywhere

Please be excited :lol:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Fans like me have been waiting for this to happen since '97. But just like the years before, I am not keeping my hopes up....if ff7 won't happen then atleast make the chrono trigger one instead... :sweat:

I would give anything to see sister ray in full HD glory.... :sweat:
**** ****!
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Lirgota

Parang last guardian lang yan. Vaporware!
z3kEn
Momento Mori

grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

**** ****!