PlayStation 4 Pro

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Will you buy a PS4K at launch?

Yes, Day 1
21%
Yes, but not day 1, I might get when it becomes cheaper
28%
Yes, but when I get a better TV
12%
No, i still have a PS4
26%
Nah, ps4pro what?!
2%
No, i'd rather wait for PS5
12%

Total votes: 43
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/ ... imate-faq/
Q: Will PS4 Pro have separate or exclusive games?
There will not be any PS4 Pro-exclusive games. Because PS4 Pro and the standard PS4 are members of the same family, both systems will be fully compatible with all past, present, and future PS4 titles, including PlayStation VR. All PS4 games are PS4 Pro games, and vice-versa.

Following PS4 Pro’s launch on November 10 in North America, virtually all new PS4 game releases moving forward will be able to take advantage of PS4 Pro capabilities on day one, or in some cases shortly after launch via a downloadable update. Some titles previously released will be updated to take advantage of PS4 Pro features, including Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, The Last of Us Remastered, Infamous Second Son, Shadow of Mordor, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and more.

Q: Will all PS4 games be compatible with PS4 Pro?
Yes, all existing PS4 games are fully compatible with PS4 Pro. Developers are able to add PS4 Pro enhancements to previously released PS4 games via a downloadable update if they choose to.
Q: What benefits does PS4 Pro provide when played on a non-4K HDTV?
PS4 Pro offers benefits even if you play on a HDTV that isn’t 4K. Depending on how the developer chooses to use the increased processing power, games with PS4 Pro support are able to render higher or more consistent framerates, increased environmental and character model detail, improved overall visual quality, and other related visual enhancements. For a look at how games are using the power of PS4 Pro, watch some of the first game footage on our YouTube page.

Additionally, PS4 games that render below native 1080p (maximum quality for HD TVs) on the standard PS4 can be elevated to render at full native 1080p on an HDTV.
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Kaka upgrade ko lang ng TV last year. Siguro in 2-3 years mababa na rin presyo ng 4k TV.

And also, 23k ba talaga ang Pro? Nagrelease na ba ng price ang Sony Philippines? Sabagay, kung $399 ang Pro, around 17500-18500 pesos. Plus markup, so around 23k-24k nga. Same price ng PS4 nung unang lumabas.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

I've ignored one of the missing features on the Pro but after watching a video of the conference, it dawned on me that it's missing an optical drive. That's a big NO for me as I value physical copies of games over digital.

So I've changed my plans. Unless they add a CD drive, I'm just going to ignore the PRO till kingdom comes.

Sorry, Sony. This is a failure for me. If this is your way of slowly limiting Retail releases then I might as well go back to Steam, because physical discs is the reason why I stopped feeding Steam and PSN.

Call me old-fashioned but I like discs I could share, look at and just appreciate when I'm not gaming.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

i didnt watch the conference pero seryoso walang physical drive etong pro? :shock:
**** ****!
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

Ah meron. Now I'm confused. The attendee mentioned that it doesn't have an optical drive. But researching now eh meron naman, just no to 4k Blu-ray drive.

Sorry, jumped the gun on that one. We're fine now, Sony. I don't care about the missing 4k Blu-ray support.
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Though im not complaining and this will be a 100% day one buy for me, i find it weird na wala siyang 4k bd movies support. It's still primarily a game console anyway.

But i now realize how much of a value add this is to the xbone slim which does offer it compared to the ps4 slim which offers nothing but a mere size reduction.
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

xgh0st12x wrote:Though im not complaining and this will be a 100% day one buy for me, i find it weird na wala siyang 4k bd movies support. It's still primarily a game console anyway.

But i now realize how much of a value add this is to the xbone slim which does offer it compared to the ps4 slim which offers nothing but a mere size reduction.
Andrew house stated that the reason they didn't include it was that adoption of physical format for 4k content wasn't that high for them to consider. Still, I agree with you that it's a weird ommission, especially since they're pushing 4k and HDR, and the best way to consume that is through physical content, which far and away has much better video quality compared to streaming.

That said, I totally understand why they did it. Sony's philosophy of hitting that 399 price-point, and making a profit must have been important to them. If that's what it took to hit that aggressive price point, then I'm all for it. But this is coming from someone who rarely buys blurays.

Ano TV mo ngayon? 4K HDR ka na ba?
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

I'm currently looking for a decently priced 4k HDR tv lol, I plan to purchase one during the black friday shenanigans
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
marcjeff2285
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: dustblade2285

Bili bili na guys, unahan na sa Ansons
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
PSN ID: mjeg0202
EMAIL: mjeg0202singapore@gmail.com

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
nayj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nReiz

grayfox17 wrote:..di kaya sinadyang idelay yung FFXV para maging compatible sya dito sa pro? hmmm... :roll:
I think so too.. Naisip ko pa na baka 30fps lang kasi ang FFXV sa older model. Para na din mas madami ma satisfy sa FFXV kung sa PS4 Pro nila lalaruin. But that was just me overthinking. :lol:

Magiging ganito na kaya ang lifecycle ng consoles (3 years)? Kung oo, baka last na itong PS4 para sa akin Masyadong mabilis ang upgrade. Although, parang yung TVs and resolution changes ang nagpapatakbo ng upgrades sa console.

Nabasa at narinig ko na sa PS4 Pro daw ay 60 fps na ang 1080p gaming. Is this true? Tingin ko kasi depende sa developer. :?:
---
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
---
Currently Playing:
Nioh (PS4)
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kung ganyan nga ang magiging new trend then its wise not to be an early adopter. Sony probably realized that Masyado pa matagal ang lifecycle ng ps4 yet readily available na ang 4k resolution. They didnt want to abandon the ps4 yet this early in its lifecycle so they just upgraded it.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
nayj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nReiz

Crazycajun wrote:Kung ganyan nga ang magiging new trend then its wise not to be an early adopter. Sony probably realized that Masyado pa matagal ang lifecycle ng ps4 yet readily available na ang 4k resolution. They didnt want to abandon the ps4 yet this early in its lifecycle so they just upgraded it.
Pwede... Gusto na nila mag shift to 4K to make it a standard moving forward. Nagkataon lang na hindi in-sync yung TV and Console development kaya umabot sa ganito.
---
"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
---
Currently Playing:
Nioh (PS4)
xgh0st12x
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:
xgh0st12x wrote:
Ano TV mo ngayon? 4K HDR ka na ba?
Hindi pa dude. Happy pa rin ako dito kay Sony50w800B ko.
I will make the jump to 4k HDR malamang next year.
Baka may ma suggest ka dude.

Requirements:

30ms or lower display lag
120hz refresh rate
50 to 55 inch lang
Kahit hindi 3D
Smart (netflix lover here)
Below P50k sana
PSN ID (PS4): Gh0st0fSparta12 XBL GT (XB1): xgh0st12x NNID (WiiU): xgh0st12x
Pamilya, trabaho, ehersisyo, home tyeter, bidjo geyms. Copy paste hanggang kamatayan.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Wala pa, I think delikado pa bumili ng HDR TV ngayon dahil di pa nag sesettle yung technology. Ultimate dream ko talag 4K OLED HDR ng LG, kaso sobrang mahal :lol:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

kung puro ganito ang trend ngayon sa pag develop ng consoles na very minor ang updates then i might end up with a pc rig after all in the future para all in one na at hindi ko na need problemahin ang resolution ng monitor ko just to utilize the visual differences ... :sweat: Imagine nyo na lang, dumadagdag ang mga gimmicky features na ganyan so syempre ang ibang devs susunod ngayon sa trend and we will most likely see games eating up more storage space and not including their patches pa such as fixes for graphical bugs,etc ... :shock:
**** ****!
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

yeah parang wala nang masyadong pinagkaiba ang consoles at PCs.

- USB ports
- PC-like CPU and GPU
- hard drive
- hard drive install
- patches, updates
- PC-style games
- mid-cycle updates

ang advantage na lang ng console, controller ang default input at local multiplayer (same system)
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...buti pa cellphone ko may hdr na, saka nako mag pro hahaha. Saka di pa naman ganun kalayo agwat sa graphics, ok na ok pa yung lumang ps4 ko. :sweat:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Worry ko lang yung competition neto sa scorpio..
Parang kampante ang xbox nun inannounce yung pro eh lol.. Parang tinawanan lang nila, now pagasa nalang talaga ng sony is yung games.. More games!
jdmpal
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

sana sa vita din magka 4k and hdr :D
PSN : jdmpal
FC : 2529 0953 2108 (switch)