PlayStation 4 Pro

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?

Will you buy a PS4K at launch?

Yes, Day 1
21%
Yes, but not day 1, I might get when it becomes cheaper
28%
Yes, but when I get a better TV
12%
No, i still have a PS4
26%
Nah, ps4pro what?!
2%
No, i'd rather wait for PS5
12%

Total votes: 43
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:Wanted the US version since my OG is US too. #ocproblems
Are you in on this? You were one of the more anti-neo members here, because of what it stands for. It would be interesting to read your thoughts on this.

I was underwhelmed, not because of what it can do, which is actually pretty good for the USD 400 price. But i was underwhelmed for what it means to me right now. I have a 4k tv, which doesn't support HDR, so I don't feel like I can maximize this machine. At the same time, support has not been widespread yet, so I'm in a wait and see approach.

I'm also looking forward to what the scorpio will bring to the table, but I fear that that machine is going to be expensive. The PS4 pro is not as strong as the very beefy scorpio, but I fear they had to do that because they didn't want another PS3 situation (USD 599!). So I'm still largely in wait and see mode.

Here's a good preview from engadget: https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/07/pla ... k-handson/

I feel like they really nailed the price of this down, 400 dollars is sweet for someone who doesn't own a ps4 yet, but for someone like me who does, I'm not so sure that this is worth the upgrade.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

z3kEn wrote:Confirmed na ba if nasa 60 fps mga bagong games na lalabas? Or stready 30 fps lang? Para saken not worth mag upgrade agad if ganun, 4k plus onting graphics lang nadagdag without higher fps.. Tsktsk
Not all games will get a 60 fps mode, but some will.

For example, Rise of the Tomb Raider will have a 4k mode, na 30 fps. It will also get two 1080p modes, one which prioritizes FPS (60ish), and one which prioritizes graphics (Ultra details, improved textures, AA, etc).

So it will depend on how a dev will want to make use of that power. But starting September, all games are now required to have some sort of Neo mode patch, how each dev will use that is up to them.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

I see.. So who needs 4k when you have 60 fps..
vjc_4581
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Adidas Double-Triple Cheeseburger ah. So apparently our ps4s are non-pro... just like our driver's license :bigmouth:
Last edited by vjc_4581 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

You Don’t Need to have a 4K or HDR TV to Enjoy PS4 Pro says Mark Cerny

Speaking on the PlayStation Meeting aftershow Cerny explained that the PS4 Pro would still offer advantages to gamers, even if they don’t own an HDR compatible TV. With new TVs pushing HDR technology into almost all new models, it’s likely that gamers will eventually own an HDR compatible TV, making the benefit clear. However, even before that it seems that the PS4 Pro will make games run a bit better, though it seems that Sony isn’t sure to what degree.

“You don’t need to have an HDR TV to enjoy the benefits of PS4 Pro,” explained Cerny. “The game experience is enhanced in any number of ways on an ordinary HDTV.”

source: http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/dont- ... ark-cerny/
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...akala ko sasabayan ang scorpio, di pala. well im sure gumagawa na sila ng bagong console pang tapat.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

ron_bato wrote:Are you in on this? You were one of the more anti-neo members here, because of what it stands for. It would be interesting to read your thoughts on this.
Yes, I will still buy it eventually despite all of my rants against it. :lol:

Remember you mentioned about "not wanting more?" It all boils down to cost. Since the cose of the Pro is just the same as the OG when it's released, it's a good price. Hoping for a good deal. Black Friday perhaps.

One of my arguments before about having mid-generation upgrade is that the OG owners will have, at the very least, a "slightly uglier" version from a graphics perspective. Something I didn't like about PC gaming. None of that in console gaming. Everyone has the same level of graphics quality. At least while until Pro comes out. And before DSi and and New 3DS. :lol:

For the Pro, there might be some of my favorite games or series that will have the graphics fidelity that I can't pass up. Maybe the next Dead or Alive game will have 30fps on OG, 60fps on Pro. Or Kojima's next will have more detailed characters.

And since it's 1TB, disk space might not be a problem anymore for me. I only have 100GB of space on my OG PS4. :lol:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

1) It's ugly. Slim looks great and should be substantially cheaper when imported.
2) Though upgrade is not as big as I hoped for, there is also the uncertainty when it comes to the support it will get. Sure, Sony has mandated that there must be upgrades to the visuals/performance of games but none of what they have shown provides a substantial improvement.
3) Fvck upgrading my TV to 4K/HDR to fully utilize this. I'd rather scratch my PC upgrade itch.
:bigmouth:
jdmpal
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ganda nito sa god of war hehe. :)
PSN : jdmpal
FC : 2529 0953 2108 (switch)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Wow, digital foundry is full of praise for the PS4 pro http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... tion-4-pro

This has got my hype meter going up a bit -_-

Must. Not. Bite.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

the darn thing looks like an adjustable bookshelf... :sweat:
**** ****!
MegamanX
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

Ok tong PS4 Pro pamalit if ever masira standard ps4 ko. Atleast hindi lang basta bumili ako ng kapalit kung hindi dahil na rin sa upgraded version siya.
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Priced at 23k here in the Philippines.

Not bad.
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

23K for PS4 Pro. May balita na ba kung magkano ang PS4 slim?

Also, paano naman kaya kami nga naka-LCD TV lang? I'm still using my LG Scarlet TV 32".
kobemvp24
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: kobemvp024

pasok sa budget yung 23K.....may home credit naman sony store sa megamall.....kaya madali na i-monthly yan....at least di mabigat...

yung ps4 slim.....

plano ko bumili ng isa pang ps4.....kung sa slim o ps4 pro...pro na bibilhin ko....

june next year na ko mag uupgrade ng tv to 4k o hrd tv.....bababa din presyo nyan..
Last edited by kobemvp24 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PS4 ASIAN 2TB
PSVITA 16GB
PS3 SUPER SLIM 500GB
N3DSXL M4HU LE

currently playing:

PS4 - FFVII HD, Digimon Story Cybersleuth
PS3 - Trails of Cold Steel, Lost Dimension
PSV - Tales of Heart R, Persona $ Golden
3DS - Xenoblade HD
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

uuuyyy, andaming nangagating bumili :bigmouth:
**** ****!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sn@kemaru wrote:23K for PS4 Pro. May balita na ba kung magkano ang PS4 slim?

Also, paano naman kaya kami nga naka-LCD TV lang? I'm still using my LG Scarlet TV 32".
There will still be some benefit for hd tv mode. Any combination of possibly better frame rates, anti aliasing, graphical details like improved textures, character models etc.

It's really up to the dev to maximize.

PS may 40 inch samsung ako na smart 4ktv na 20k lang baka gusto mo bilhin :bigmouth:
Sn@kemaru
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Snakemaru

17.K for PS4 slim. Almost 6K difference din with the price of PS4 Pro. hmm.....

@ron: thanks sa offer. Kailangan ko muna ibenta ito LG scarlet ko.

Any takers? :)
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Basta ako im still happy with my regular ps4.. If 60 fps ang FFXV sa ps4 pro me reason pa akong bumili by next year, pero kung constant 30 fps pa rin.. Tsk, no thanks!.. No reason to upgrade, antayin ko nalang ps5 if balak pa ng sony gumawa ng bagong next gen..
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

honestly, the only good thing i see about this reveal is not the specs of the new ps4 but rather the older models gets a price drop. Good news to dun sa mga matagal nang nag aalangang bumili.

:sweat:

..di kaya sinadyang idelay yung FFXV para maging compatible sya dito sa pro? hmmm... :roll:
**** ****!