The Beatles: Rock Band

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
TurnBased
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: twolfkg

Guys, may promo ang Toy Kingdom.

For every P500 purchase, get a chance to win a PS3 with Rock band Beatles! Based on the poster, full set siya! Complete with the Beatles guitars and drums! 30 bundles are up for grabs!

Bumili na kayo ng toys para sa anak/pamamkin/inaanak niyo! :agree:
Last edited by TurnBased on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: twolfkg / TurnBasedPPS
3DS FC: 4468-1101-2937
Cerv-Clash
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Cerv-Clash

T'wolf wrote:Guys, may promo ang Toy Kingdom.

For every P500 purchase, get a chance to win a PS3 with Rock band Beatles! Based on the poster, full set siya! Complete with the Beatles guitars and drums! 30 bundles are up for grabs!

Bumili na kayo ng toys para sa pamamkin niyo! :agree:
hehe yup sa TV din may ad sila about hehe time to buy :agree:
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t ... 22#p813822
"If you're not going after your dreams, you merely just exist"
Swine
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

T'wolf wrote:Guys, may promo ang Toy Kingdom.

Bumili na kayo ng toys para sa anak/pamamkin/inaanak niyo! :agree:
makadaan nga ng Toy Kingdom mamaya..baka swertehin ako... :smiley:

Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

bili bili na para manalo :smiley:
calvs
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Calvinitial_D

Harmonix knows that The Beatles are a band whose audience transcends generational boundaries, so they’ve designed The Beatles: Rock Band with accessibility in mind. MTV is marketing the game through avenues that are unconventional for videogames to reach Beatles fans -- specifically, adults -- who may not necessarily be gamers, and thus, might not have ordinarily been aware of this product.

So what does that mean for the game? Well, all 45 songs are available from the start in Quickplay. Instead of progressing through the Story Mode to unlock new tracks, you play to unlock rare -- and, in some cases, never-before-seen -- media. This comprises photos, audio, and video spanning the entirety of the band’s life. The Story Mode’s main screen lists the game’s songs; they’re organized in chapters based on periods of the Beatles’ career. You start out with their first gig at the Cavern Club, and you make your way through a chronological setup including other famous concerts and albums, all the way through to the rooftop performance on January 30, 1969.

Each song shows your star rating (one to five) and two camera icons signifying unlockable photos. To unlock the first photo, you merely have to complete the song with three stars. But in order to see the second photo, you’ll have to finish it with a five-star rating. Harmonix publicist John Drake explained that it was set up this way so that everyone -- even people playing on Easy difficulty, which has “no fail” turned on by default -- can see at least one photo. But this still offers a challenge for the more skilled, veteran Rock Band contingent, especially the ones attempting to five-star songs like “Birthday” on vocals.

The photos themselves are overlaid with a Beatles fact that provides context; there are over 90 photos in the game, and Paul McCartney personally verified every single fact that accompanies them. I saw a shot of John sitting in a studio with headphones on and a guitar in his hands -- it’s a behind-the-scenes image that was taken during the recording of Please Please Me, the band’s very first album. Many of the photos are candid shots, while others are promotional material. There’s a great image of the Cavern Club concert, showing a small room packed to the walls with maybe a hundred people; Drake noted that it looks “like a ... fan photo.” But this is just the start of the Beatles-related content in the game.

Stars on a song unlock photos, and photos unlock “prizes,” which are non-photographic media that can be viewed in the game’s Theatre. This is the really good stuff -- audio and video, including performance footage, that’s “either never-before-seen or very, very rare.” Drake was gracious enough to play one of the prizes for us. The Beatles Christmas Record was the first of seven annual holiday gifts to the band’s UK fan club, which, in 1963, boasted 25,000 members. I mentioned to Drake how amazing I found it that this content is being released in, of all places, a videogame; he agreed, saying, “This provides the depth that people don’t think is coming to the game.”

Another feature designed to make life easy for newcomers is the game’s drum teaching. Harmonix added to the drum trainer that came with Rock Band 2; this time, it’s called Drum Lessons. It’s more of a “rudiments trainer” than the beat/fill practice in that game, a result of Harmonix’s “presumption that people coming into this game are probably even less good at drums than people who’ve played Rock Band 1 and 2 -- like, they’re probably even more entry-level.” So it begins with the basics -- eighth notes first, followed by one hand and the kick pedal. The third test has you drumming with both hands, and the fourth lesson puts it all together. As Drake put it, “That’s your first week of drum lessons if you’re nine years old.”

There are 45 drum lessons covering a drummer’s full toolkit (by the end, you’ll come upon some pretty gnarly-looking beats, like a paradiddle that Drake was able to complete flawlessly at 140 beats per minute). Once you’re confident in your drumming techniques, you can move on to Beatle Beats. These are drum patterns and fills taken from Beatles songs; they’re not named, since some beats can be found in a number of songs. Drake began playing one and sang a bar of “With A Little Help From My Friends” over it, and then kept drumming but switched to “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer.”

A neat touch is that the drum trainer provides definitions of music terms. So if you’ve ever wondered what exactly “syncopation” is, the game will tell you! The game includes 86 Beatle Beats, so by the time you’ve made your way through all of them, you might think you’ll be able to play many songs without looking at the note highway. But Drake mentioned Ringo’s drumming tendencies, which will likely throw you off: “Ringo is a really solid drummer, who settles into a really good feel for a song, but he’s really innovative in that he never plays the same thing twice.” Keep your eyes peeled, folks!

Everything I’ve seen so far of The Beatles: Rock Band indicates that Harmonix has done their very best to ensure that nothing about the game even hints that it’s a mere cash-in, or that it’s “milking” the Rock Band franchise. The unprecedented access that the developer had to the surviving Beatles and their family is being conveyed to gamers. After hearing The Beatles Christmas Record, I remarked, “This [game] is going to make people cry.” And it very well might.
http://www.destructoid.com/preview-the- ... 4168.phtml

can't wait for the rickenbacker!!!!!!!

Currently playing online (PS4):
Fifa 14
COD: Ghost
BF4
NBA 2k14

PSN: Calvinitial_D
Ratings & Feedback
rockbandfanatic2
PlayStation
PlayStation

sweet sgt pepper costume! :clap:

im hoping TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION dlc will remain at 1.99 but i wouldnt mind paying like 2.25 or 2.50

its the beatles!
nheo
Suikoden
Suikoden

3 albums for dlc

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158588

gusto ko talaga TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION gretsch
doy
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: doy626

First Review! :smiley:
88 - Game Informer
Harmonix has done a remarkable job of bringing the Beatles' music to life in an interactive setting, devoting enormous attention to the details of history and authenticity that Beatles fans demand. The developers also added their own flair to the game, making this the most aesthetically beautiful music game to yet release. [Sept 2009, p.80]
PSN ID: doy_07

Experience Chewy:
Trinoma (2nd Level)
Greenbelt 3 (3rd Level)
SM Cebu (3rd Level)
rockbandfanatic2
PlayStation
PlayStation

Im kinda sad na konti TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION na hype dito :grumpy:

A band that sold 1 billion albums worldwide only has 6 pages here 20 days to release!

Anyway i cant wait to get the abbey road medley, 16 minutes straight of awesome :party:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

1 gitara lang talaga gameplay nito no?
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
rockbandfanatic2
PlayStation
PlayStation

cel-shaded wrote:1 gitara lang talaga gameplay nito no?
1 guitar 1 bass 1 drum set and 3 mics(vocal harmonies) :clap:
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

rockbandfanatic2 wrote:1 guitar 1 bass 1 drum set and 3 mics(vocal harmonies) :clap:
yun nga e. mas maganda sana 2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 drum, 3 vocals. ala-beatles talaga kayo nun. may mic yung 3 nasa harap. hehehe
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
calvs
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Details for the Three Downloadable Albums Coming to
“The Beatles™: Rock Band™” Music Store Revealed

“All You Need Is Love” Available on 9/9/09 for $1.99

--

Details for downloadable albums coming to The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store are as follows:

Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks

• “Come Together”
• “Something”
• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “Octopus’s Garden”
• “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)”
• “Here Comes The Sun”
• “Because”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “The End”
• “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Release Date: November 2009

• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
• “With A Little Help From My Friends”
• “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds”
• “Getting Better”
• “Fixing A Hole”
• “She’s Leaving Home”
• “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
• “Within You Without You
• “When I’m Sixty Four”
• “Lovely Rita”
• “Good Morning Good Morning”
• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
• “A Day In The Life”

Rubber Soul (1965)
Release Date: December 2009

• “Drive My Car”
• “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
• “You Won’t See Me”
• “Nowhere Man”
• “Think For Yourself”
• “The Word”
• “Michelle”
• “What Goes On”
• “Girl”
• “I’m Looking Through You”
• “In My Life”
• “Wait”
• “If I Needed Someone”
• “Run For Your Life”

As previously announced, “All You Need Is Love” will be released Sept.9, 2009 for the standard Rock Band DLC pricing of $1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360), exclusively through Xbox LIVE for a limited time as a downloadable song for The Beatles: Rock Band, with Apple Corps Ltd, MTV Games, Harmonix and Microsoft proceeds benefitting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).

The Beatles: Rock Band downloadable content will be available for purchase on the Xbox®LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, PlayStation®Network and via the in-game The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store for Wii™ using Wii points purchased through the Wii Shop Channel.

In conjunction with the release of the entire, original, digitally re-mastered Beatles CD catalogue, The Beatles: Rock Band will be available Sept. 9, 2009, simultaneously worldwide in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories for the Xbox®360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI), and the Wii™ home videogame console from Nintendo. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones.

The Beatles: Rock Band marks the first time that Apple Corps, along with EMI Music, Harrisongs Ltd, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, has agreed to present The Beatles music in an interactive video game format. The Beatles: Rock Band will be published by MTV Games and was developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) will serve as distribution partner for the game. In addition, Giles Martin, co-producer of The Beatles innovative LOVE album project, is providing his expertise and serving as Music Producer for this groundbreaking Beatles project.

For more information on The Beatles: Rock Band, as well as art and video assets, please visit http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/press.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158588

ako super excited dito! pati si win :clap:
namulat ako sa beatles nung elementary, nung may "steve o'neal's remembering the beatles" sa channel 5, lagi ko pinapanood :clap: dami namin magkaka-batch nun na sobrang nahilig sa beatles :clap:
Fifa 14
BF4
NBA 2k14

Ratings & Feedback
th3 patriotz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: elmokigab

same here sobra panadik ako sa beatles :agree:meron ako complete anthology nila :smiley: pero pinaka fav ko sa kanila apat si john lennon iba kasi sense of humor niya :evilsmile: at iba talaga music ng beatles kahit wala pa masyado gadget nun pero iba parin yun music nila.di tulad ngayon modern na mga gamit di parin nila magaya yun music ng beatles :bigmouth: haaaayyy sayang wala ako pambili nito :wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:
PS ID:elmokigab

PS3 40GB 03 16 08>>YLOD 05 11 09
PS3 SLIM 120GB 12 20 09
NINTENDO DS LITE CRIMSON RED 4GB

IF YOU WANT TO BE A HERO JUST FOLLOW ME-JOHN W.LENNON
a13
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: batoy11

yung included na bass guitar sa set, yun pa din ang gamit ni paul sa mga performances nya til now. napanood ko sya sa letterman nung isang araw gamit yun (baka nagpromote ng game, hehe!).

bili ko nito for sure, fave ko hey jude, here comes the sun, saka in my life. beatles music is music in its purest form. im not much of a music lover and though i never really grew up to their songs, i really like their songs a lot.
PSN ID: batoy11
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8672-9360
madreinman
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

lalabas ba ito na game lang? or set lang talaga?

meron na kasi kaming tatlong gitara eh.
GH Community: tr3smadrid
calvs
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

siguradong may game only to
Fifa 14
BF4
NBA 2k14

Ratings & Feedback
rockbandfanatic2
PlayStation
PlayStation

cel-shaded wrote:
rockbandfanatic2 wrote:1 guitar 1 bass 1 drum set and 3 mics(vocal harmonies) :clap:
yun nga e. mas maganda sana 2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 drum, 3 vocals. ala-beatles talaga kayo nun. may mic yung 3 nasa harap. hehehe
Eh design choice yan kasi kung 2 guitars ma seperate yung rhythm and lead unlike rb and gh where they combine it to make it a funner chart. but i do agree with you na sana ganun even if the 2 guitar charts would be boring, kasi as long as you can sing sabay hindi boring.
calvs
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

problem lang nun sobrang cramped na ng screen with 4 note highways :ashamed:
Fifa 14
BF4
NBA 2k14

Ratings & Feedback
Q2k
Novastorm
Novastorm

uh can these songs be played in RB2 ? or must one get the Beatles game ?
InFamus - Prototype - Rockband 1-2 - SingStar - KILLZONE 2 - MGS4 - Heavenly Sword - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - GTAIV - COD4 - Orange Box - Kane & Lynch - Burnout Paradise - Unreal Tournament 3- Virtua fighter 5- LBP - SOCOM: Confrontation