Hideo Kojima + Kojima Productions Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Here's the video
E3 2014: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Gameplay
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

During a media session at Taiwan's Taipei Game Show this weekend attended by Famitsu, Kojima was asked what he thinks about bringing earlier Metal Gear games to the PS4. He hopes that one day he'll see his 1998 action game Metal Gear Solid remade as an open-world title for PlayStation 4. However, he also says that he doesn't think it's going to happen anytime soon, if it ever does.

He responded, according to a DualShockers translation, by saying he's excited by the idea, but can't work on any such projects himself, as he's currently busy with Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Silent Hills.

Kojima went on to say that he would like to someday play in an open-world version of Shadow Moses, one of the locations from the original game, although he cautioned that it's not in the works now and may not ever be.
"If it was going to be a remake, I wouldn't want to make a standard remake, but something similar to what Planet of the Apes is doing: Bringing the best of the past to the present and doing something new."
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Well I guess after SH is done then Kojima can concentrate on this. MGS saga should come full circle altogether in PS4 before PS5 can be made.
MG1 and MG2 needed to be remake and after that, Kojima can make MGS1 easily by using the sandboxes from Phantom Pain, MG1 and MG2.

Everyone wanted to see the Solid Snake vs Big Boss fights in PS4 right?
Anyway, he has already the PS3 data of Shadow Moses from MGS4 they can start from there.

But the question is, how can you make Shadow Moses an open-world? Yes you can go anywhere around the island. But it's an island. It's not as big as Afghanistan like in Phantom Pain.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

pag open world naisip ko agad, umpisa pa lang pwede nang puntahan yung final boss :rofl:
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Daniel wrote:pag open world naisip ko agad, umpisa pa lang pwede nang puntahan yung final boss :rofl:
Actually pwede dati pero gagamit ka ng cardboard boxes trick :lol:
arcadekylle
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: arcadekylle

Focus on SH first... Then if its good make another one, forget MGS for a bit. :p
psn asia(ps plus, ps4 only): arcadekylle
psn us(vita/ps4 non plus): arcadekyle
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

sources:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima ... 0-6428811/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal- ... 0-6428873/

Ok, when i first read about this I was like "huh? anyare?" and honestly, i really don't know how this issue even started pero i suspect kojima must have done something really bad as to why konami wanted to get rid of him this way. If it was an impending resignation it would have done in an amicable manner pero restricting his access inside the office and even taking off his name on the box of the very title that he was made famous for is definitely a shock to gamers.

He sure must have pissed off the wrong people for the wrong reasons for things to turn out this way. :shock:
**** ****!
kurtsky
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kurtskyKG

shocking news naman ito
sayad5
Pa-easy-easy Mode

anong mangyayari sa FOX engine, sino may-ari nyan si Kojima ba o Konami?
"Mabait ang kapitbahay kapag walang password ang Wi-fi"
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Kojima Productions daw ang may-ari ng FOX Engine, at least sabi ni Wikipedia.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

sayad5 wrote:anong mangyayari sa FOX engine, sino may-ari nyan si Kojima ba o Konami?
Konami of course
eynjel18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Konami should stop making Metal Gear game after MGSV, don't they dare milk it and make mediocre games like they did to Castlevania. Kojima is Metal Gear, Metal Gear is Kojima simple as that.
Loneliness has followed me my whole life. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Kojima may have been the brains behind the fox engine but ownership of it belongs to konami syempre - he was technically employed by konami during the time of the engine's creation. Probably konami got sick and tired of kojima too, i mean, wala nang ibang titles na nilabas yung tao kundi metal gear related IP's over the years, mas nakilala ng gamers ang name ni kojima kesa sa brand name ng konami and as a publisher I would be pissed off too knowing na nasapawan ng isang tao lang and buong image ng kumpanya over the years. Don't get me wrong, I like how kojima turned the MGS franchise into a household name PERO hogging too much of the spotlight is bound to get you some unwanted attention sooner or later.

This is just one of my own speculations though so i could very well be wrong. We'll have to wait for kojima to air his side, unless of course, konami slaps a restraining order first to prevent him from talking.

btw, here's the box art for MGSV without kojima's name on it:

and here's the old version:

sources for the photos: http://kotaku.com/its-official-no-kojim ... 1717704237
**** ****!
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: crazy4cajun

Thats so wrong. They should have at least kept Kojiprod sa MGSV since sila naman gumawa nyan.

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

...not only does hideo kojima's name was removed pati yung foxhound logo sa baba inalis din. Wala magagawa si kojima dun, konami STILL does have the rights for the title after all.
**** ****!
kurtsky
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: kurtskyKG

I understand their reason bakit siya inalis pero yung logo at name hindi na sana.
And over the years si kojima nag papatag ng konami brand dahil sa mgs series
Crazycajun
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Makes you wonder kung kasama sila sa credits reel. Im sure kasama yun. Eh sino ia-acknowledge nila dun sa reel? Wala?

"Bad things don't happen TO you. Bad things happen FOR you."
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

kurtsky wrote:I understand their reason bakit siya inalis pero yung logo at name hindi na sana.
And over the years si kojima nag papatag ng konami brand dahil sa mgs series
i beg to disagree, madami nang titles ang konami way back hindi lang MGS. Andyan ang mga old school mainstays nila tulad ng castlevania at contra so putting MGS as the sole reason kaya tumatag ang brand is not necessarily true. Old school gamers recognizes the famous "konami code" more than the first MGS title. :lol:
Crazycajun wrote:Makes you wonder kung kasama sila sa credits reel. Im sure kasama yun. Eh sino ia-acknowledge nila dun sa reel? Wala?
Im guessing konami won't put his name in the credits too. Siguro yung mga involved na devs pwede pa pero si kojima baka hindi na - if the company literally wiped his name off the box art then chances are, we won't be seeing it in the staff roll credits as well.

The game isn't out yet so konami got plenty of time to do some final changes on the game itself and removing a name isn't too hard to do. Hindi na ko magtataka kung biglang ma-delay yung release ng game bec of this issue.

Talk about bad blood between devs and publisher :sweat:
**** ****!
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...pero mgs franchise lang kasi ang talagang mabenta overseas.

...lumipat nalang sana si kojima sa Naughty Dog. hehehe.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Balita ko hindi na gaano ganung ka-active ang Konami sa Game Dev on their own on consoles. Busy sa pag-publish at sa mga pachinko games.
Anyare sa Konami? Ganun ba talaga pag naging sobrang sikat ang isang isang gaming company? Magiging publisher na lang sila eventually at kukuha na lang ng gaming studios to work for them?

If there will be no Kojima in the credits, there will be farcry among kojima loyalist and die-hards especially pag hindi sinagot ng konami ang tunay na issue.

Pero i'm really curious what is really the cause of the rift.
Pwede tayong mag-speculate dito so what do you think? Aside from hogging the spotlight too much from Konami?

If you are Kojima, what can you do to pissed off Konami?
If you are Konami, what can you do to pissed off Kojima?

If Fox Engine will be left on Konami's hands, they should continue PT/Silent Hills. Sayang naman ang nasimulan.