Hitman [PS4]

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yeah maybe they're trying the "episodic scheme" if it will work. I hope no one buys so that SE will be forced to make "Full Games" not "episodic".
My worry is that if this scheme becomes a trend, some of the big game devs will become lazy.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

I gues it worked in Life is Strange so they're trying it for Hitman.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

It makes sense to have this episodic as long as it's not just contracts without any narratives.

This will blow if the pricing is still full AAA for each episode.
:bigmouth:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

an episodic game? good, another good reason for me to sit this one out and antayin ko na lang lumabas yung complete edition tapos mag less 1k ang price bago ko bilhin
**** ****!
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: OinkMcOink

As me as well, I guess it will be a while till I try out what all this Hitman hype is.
helghastinfantry
Myst
Myst

ok to kung mabilis internet sa atin. pati ff7 ganyan. lintek na squareenix yan
psn: CamperKing88
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

money making schemes in Game Developing.
- DLC (pero nasa loob ng game nakatago lang, hear that Capcom)
- Episodic
- what else? :lol:

I will really hate it if the era of making "full games" dies. Especially in action-adventure type of games.
For now, i'm against "episodic" format. Kung mala Splinter Cell or Watchdog na added missions or new chapter outside of the main game baka pwede pa. Pero yung isang buo, hahatiin mo pa into parts? what b.s.is that? right?
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^Collector's/Limited Edition, as I've learned from watching Pawn Stars, doesn't translate to "higher resell years later".

Also, In game purchases.. Just a casual slap to tell you that free games aren't free at all.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Lately ang mga Collector's Edition games mga vanilla versions lang. Bababa ang value pag may GOTY editon na. Kasama diyan ang Dead or Alive 5, Ninja Gaiden 3. Pati yata Tomb Raider (2013).
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

deathzero23 wrote:money making schemes in Game Developing.
- DLC (pero nasa loob ng game nakatago lang, hear that Capcom)
- Episodic
- what else? :lol:

I will really hate it if the era of making "full games" dies. Especially in action-adventure type of games.
For now, i'm against "episodic" format. Kung mala Splinter Cell or Watchdog na added missions or new chapter outside of the main game baka pwede pa. Pero yung isang buo, hahatiin mo pa into parts? what b.s.is that? right?
You are so misinformed that it pains me to read your opinions sometimes.

Episodic games are a legitimate business model. It works for some games more than others. But its a viable format for video games.

If you bothered to read the article, it will still go out in a full retail physical release in 2016. This way we get to play parts of the game earlier than we would have, and purchase a small section of the game before deciding if you want to commit to it, at a cheaper entry point.

Don't want to download because of our internet? Wait for the full release.

Want to play the full game uninterrupted and have the ability to resell? Wait for the full physical release.

Options are good.

Episodic games can work.

Life is strange benefitted from its episodic structure. So did the walking dead from telltale, and tales from the borderlands.it usually works well for adventure games, but we have seen games like resident evil revelations 2 try it and not fail.

Will this business model work for a AAA hitman title? I guess we will find out. But to dismiss devs as lazy or greedy because they use a non traditional release model is just plain ignorant.
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

personally lang, walang problema sa kin ang episodic format ng isang game as long na libre sya at mahaba ang episode :sweat: kahit mabagal internet ko ttyagain ko idownload yun hehe...

pero kung hindi naman pala worth it, aba, mag aabang na lang ako sa youtube ng gameplay videos at panonoorin ko na lang din na parang normal na tv show episode habang kumakain ako ng hapunan - ginawa ko to nung kasagsagan ng resident evil revelations 2 and nakakaaliw din, atleast nung nilaro ko na mismo yung game alam ko na gagawin ko hindi na ko mangangapa :lol:
**** ****!
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

magkakatalo lang sa pricing.. if the episodic game will be release in a manner that when ALL of it is done, it'll be equivalent the money spent buying a complete full game then for me baka pwede pa in my case. I never bought any episodic game before. Coz i prefer still buying a complete game (i could forgive a small game patch though). While there are other ways of selling games hence options, it's not a i curse the options laid on the table nor not accepting changes... I'm just used to "traditional way" of making and selling games that's all.

For this case, it's a wait and see.
Oink McOink
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It's legit, but it doesn't mean it is ethical, specially if it was initially intended to be released as a full game.

True, we can and I have waited for full game retail release, the problem is all the hype is gone by the time I play it, specially since I can't join in or read any discussion about it.

I think the developers are great if they can make a game that people can get in to, and of course they have to earn a living. Legit; true, but it's hard to be fair when a popular publisher/developer is obviously milking the cow after it's been long dead. Telltale has great games, and the episodic releases are successful, but that retail copy of Game of Thrones and Minecraft story mode are just being greedy and that's what we want to avoid. I am never gonna buy a game if that kind of "business model" becomes prevalent. That's putting the company before the end-user.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

HITMAN Episode 1 PS4 Review
IGN -
Gamespot -
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

**** ****!
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^hahah.. sana kumpleto na lahat yan..
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Parang Batman Arkham na GOTY. :bigmouth:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

**** ****!
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

sakit ng tiyan ko dito hahaha.. gusto ko yung 2-in-1 via Balcony Kill. Walang hirap, di nagsayang ng bala :lol: :lol: :lol:
grayfox17
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

deathzero23 wrote:
sakit ng tiyan ko dito hahaha.. gusto ko yung 2-in-1 via Balcony Kill. Walang hirap, di nagsayang ng bala :lol: :lol: :lol:
tawa din ako dun sa hahagisan ng fire extinguisher tapos patay agad hehe..pati yung pinasabog kasama ibang npc sa bar :sweat: :lol:
**** ****!