Assassin's Creed Unity

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1500_o.jpg

nag-iba rin itsura ni elise my lalabs :o
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^darn it... Parity my butt
boyastro
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: BOY_ASTRO7

I'm really having a hard time whether or not to preorder this! Tsk! Just when I thought 1080/60fps.. Man., this sucks!
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

honestly no matter how modest at least the latest graphics revision, the difference from it's first initial trailers is very spot on.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

What's in a number?

Alex Amancio, the game's Creative Director, reiterated this point: "30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic. 60 is really good for a shooter, action adventure not so much. It actually feels better for people when it's at that 30fps. It also lets us push the limits of everything to the maximum.

"It's like when people start asking about resolution. Is it the number of the quality of the pixels that you want? If the game looks gorgeous, who cares about the number?"
Source: techradar

Ano ito The Order 1886? :lol: Tch!
Last edited by atabspunk on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

This is stupid. I didn't believe it when Ready at Dawn said it, and I don't believe it when these guys said it.

The Last of Us Remastered is a prime example of what 60 fps can do for your game. SMH.
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Disappointing ito dahil naging fan din ako ng series but this is too much for me to handle... shame on YOUbisoft #PS4NoParity
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Action Adventure, Not so Much? Really?
Metal Gear Rising an action adventure game is running 60fps by Platinum Games which a smaller game company than Ubisoft.

Wtf with Ubisoft these days after downgrading Watchdogs?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

deathzero23 wrote:Action Adventure, Not so Much? Really?
Metal Gear Rising an action adventure game is running 60fps by Platinum Games which a smaller game company than Ubisoft.

Wtf with Ubisoft these days after downgrading Watchdogs?
Yun na nga eh, baka dahil sa open world ang unity eh nahihirapan sila i-optimize yung game at hirap mag 1080p60... ewan ko, waiting game na lang kung ano kahihinatnan nito sa november :banghead:
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^well if being an Open World at 60fps is the sole reason, why can't they just say it's impossible for their game engine?
Or is there an current open world game running at 60fps out there that will embarrass Ubisoft? Is that game Infamous or there are many others?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

deathzero23 wrote:^well if being an Open World at 60fps is the sole reason, why can't they just say it's impossible for their game engine?
Or is there an current open world game running at 60fps out there that will embarrass Ubisoft? Is that game Infamous or there are many others?
I can't think of any other open world game on consoles being 60 fps. Infamous Second Son had an unlocked frame rate, meaning when nothing too much is going on it reaches 40-50 fps, but goes down when there's much more going on in the world.

Other than that, no, 30 fps for open world games is the norm for consoles. Which is understandable given the scope of some of these games. If they had just said this it would have been much more acceptable.

Ubi being Ubi. In my opinion, they're already approaching EA levels of deviousness and incompetence.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Make that Ubi being EA.. hehehe
If they told the gaming community before hand that a Open World 60fps is impossible, fans may forgive them. But they tossed that very first AC Unity trailers that sets a high bar of expectations from fans. Now they nerfed it down.

Well, Ubi isn't new to that scenario anymore. They did this 2 years ago with Watchdogs. Impressive trailer in E3 2012 then downgraded it 2 years later. It's becoming a Ubisoft practice.
louie_03
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: Wabie33

Dapat magpatayo ng school si Hideo Kojima para matuto mga developers ng proper utilization ng kits sa game developing, 1080P nga yung MGS4 sa PS3 eh, nagawan ng paraan ni Kojima na maging maganda yung game na yun, I think Naughty Dog lang talaga yung OC sa Game developing
Guns, Guts and Greed - The perfect combination to gain power and wealth
gd1
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: Solid_Ggood

I agree guys. When I learned that this game is new gen and pc only, I was hyped. Astig pa ng Elise trailer. Kaso kaasar na talaga Ubisoft lately. Downgraded nanaman graphics like Watchdogs. Tapos from 1080p naging 900p. Missed opportunity. MGSV nga kahit lalabas on all platforms 1080p/60 sa PS4.
PSN: Solid_Ggood
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

louie_03 wrote:Dapat magpatayo ng school si Hideo Kojima para matuto mga developers ng proper utilization ng kits sa game developing, 1080P nga yung MGS4 sa PS3 eh, nagawan ng paraan ni Kojima na maging maganda yung game na yun, I think Naughty Dog lang talaga yung OC sa Game developing
This... i think FOX ENGINE will save us :lol:

Also... UBI... stahp!
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-uni ... n-players/
The more complex answer? A game’s final resolution isn’t set until late in the development cycle. This is notable because the team has dedicated much of the past few months to optimizing Unity to reach 900p with a consistent 30 frames per second. Considering the sheer number of pixels that are being moved around at all times – which affects both the CPU and GPU – that’s a significant achievement, especially as Assassin’s Creed Unity will release when the new-gen consoles are barely more than a year old. (As with all hardware, it becomes easier to optimize with more experience and software/middleware solutions that only come with time.)

As of now, Assassin’s Creed Unity is locked at 900p. But why “stop” there? “We know a lot of gamers consider 1080p with 60 frames per second to be the gold standard, especially on the new generation of consoles,” Pontbriand says. “We realize we had also pushed for 1080p in some of our previous games, including AC4. But we made the right decision to focus our resources on delivering the best gameplay experience, and resolution is just one factor. There is a real cost to all those NPCs, to all the details in the city, to all the systems working together, and to the seamless co-op gameplay. We wanted to be absolutely uncompromising when it comes to the overall gameplay experience. Those additional pixels could only come at a cost to the gameplay.”

So when you visit the Paris of Assassin’s Creed Unity, take a minute to look around. Visit the landmarks. Interact with the crowds. But most of all, play the game and get lost in the stunning next-gen world of Assassin’s Creed Unity – a game built from the ground up to deliver a new experience in a city of unparalleled virtual beauty and realism.

“Our mandate from the start was to redefine what Assassin’s Creed is for next gen,” Pontbriand says. A big ambition… and a promise that the global development team looks forward to delivering when Assassin’s Creed Unity releases on November 11.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Because Kojima is known to fully utilize a console's power to it's very limits. Even way wayback in 8-bit era.
MG1 and especially MG2 already pushed the MSX 8-bit system. Same thing with MGS1. In PS2 era, not only MGS2 but even MGS3 pushes the PS2 to the limits. MGS3's living jungle environment is already a statement of what Kojima can do while others can't at that time.

MGS4 in 2008 many believe he's already pushed PS3's power. Up to this day. MGS4's game engine isn't really very dated. It's still looks great. If there's a minor complaint, it's Mery's immovable hairstyle. But no Kojima didn't stop and believe there's a way to fully reach PS3's limits as well in preparation for Next-Gen. Like they say, "Necessity is the Mother of all Inventions". And there's the Fox Engine.

^well this is just my opinion ok.
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Bioware taking a dig at ubisoft :lol:

deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ron_bato wrote:Bioware taking a dig at ubisoft :lol:

ahahah I hope other developers hit on Ubisoft too..
This is like Apple Inc's competitors taking hit on them due to the bendgate issue
ROUZ
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: RouzPH

Hay mukhang sa PC ko na naman ito lalaruin :banghead:
US PSN ID: RouzPH
(Console and PC Gamer)

COD Clan:[RxG]Reflex1tyGaming

Damn Daniel, Back At It With The White Vans!
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...wala nang magagawa kundi tanggapin nalang, well atleast di gumaya yung ibang games like dragon age. :cheer:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426