[OT] Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

Welcome to the SAO Official Thread, I've decided to go with a FAQ style for this game, hope you like it

What is this game about?
This game is based on the popular anime series Sword Art Online which is now on it's second season. The game is based after the events of Season 1 - Episode 13/14, it follows an alternate storyline after that
Can I play the game without watching the anime?
Yes, you may, there is a short recap of the events leading up to the game, but of course this is a major spoiler for the anime, I highly highly suggest you watch the anime if you haven't already. It's one of best I've seen so far
Who are the major characters in the game?
The characters are mostly based on the anime so I won't spoil much but we have :

Kirito
Despite his small frame, his skills within SAO are top-notch

Asuna
She is the vice commander of the leading guild in SAO, she uses the rapier with graceful skill and speed, hence her nickname "Flash"

Filia
Mysterious girl that Kirito meets in the Hollow Area

Leafa
Due to unknown circumstances , she winds up in the world of SAO

Sinon
Having lost her memories, she decides to follow Kirito and his companions

There are plenty more characters in the game, most of the characters in the anime are in the game plus a few ones
Based on the characters above, this sounds like a dating game?!?
Not really, didn't post the other men characters because Kirito is just too cool

Besides the best part part of the game is the combat system, it is like a pseudo-MMO weapon/skill set system, lots of skills to juggle around. I encourage you to watch gameplay videos
How popular was the game in Japan anyway
Currently , it is the top 5 best selling Vita game in Japan at around 240,000+ units, it picked up a few thousands when SAO Season 2 started

That sounds cool, when is it releasing? and how much is it?
It has been released in Asia/R3 a few months ago with english subtitles, the NA version will have a different translation though. Unfortunately the NA version is only available in digital form for $39.99, available on 08.19.2014. It will be around 3+ GB in size.
What are the weapons available in the game?
One-handed sword, dual blades, rapier, curved blade, dagger, one-handed mace, spear, katana, two-handed axe, two-handed sword
That sounds interesting, can you post some videos?
Sure here are some Japanese trailers ,

If you want to see gameplay videos : ,

Here is a boss fight you will find interesting :

I will post english videos once I find them
Are there major updates to the game?
Yes, although the NA version will have the update this September, this adds roughly around 30+ hours to the game, this is mostly end game stuff so you really don't have to worry if you are just starting

Level Cap raised to 250, Large conquest event [Grand Quest], New field / Map, Date - Dialog with Sachi, Event CG, Allowing Argo to be used as a partner, new area boss, high level monsters, difficulty and system balancing / tweaking.
Where are the reviews for the NA version?
http://vitareviews.net/sword-art-online ... nt-review/

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment is a huge game. Combining the remade Infinity Moment with the new Hollow Area and dozens of recruitable characters, this is a game that will last you a very long time to beat. While there are some frame drops in certain areas of the game, you will not find a game on the PS Vita with this much content and, with the 30-hour Update on the way, it will only give you more to do from there.

The PlayStation Vita Review Network Rates Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment a 9/10.
Is there a playlist of videos in english which shows many details about the game?
That's it for now, will add more later, feel free to ask questions, will add them to the OP

Original thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=70827
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Sayang kasi digital download lang din siya sa NA... =( Sana may cart copy na lang din.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Seraph011 wrote:Sayang kasi digital download lang din siya sa NA... =( Sana may cart copy na lang din.
the R3 version is a card one, although you may need to have an R3 account to get DLCs
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Kaya nga eh...sa US kasi sobrang mahal mag import. Yung Child of Light lang ang hirap maghanap ng cart version dito without overpaying almost 3-4x the msrp. Tapos ayun pa yung issue ng DLC. =(
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Lirgota

The best collector set of this is in japan syempre. All those nice goodies. Siguro they didn't want to risk that in the states.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

they know this is a niche product hence they opted for a digital release because releasing this in cart form in NA would be a loss of profit for them , same as other games like the Atelier series

but it is better than nothing, in fact, I don't have a Vita game in cart form anymore but I have a 64GB card :lol:

but this game is really good, take a look at the gameplay video I posted, especially the boss one, it is possible to defeat enemies that are way higher (like dozen of levels higher) than you if you know what you are doing
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

added the first review of the NA version
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Lirgota

darkwing_uop wrote:they know this is a niche product hence they opted for a digital release because releasing this in cart form in NA would be a loss of profit for them , same as other games like the Atelier series

but it is better than nothing, in fact, I don't have a Vita game in cart form anymore but I have a 64GB card :lol:

but this game is really good, take a look at the gameplay video I posted, especially the boss one, it is possible to defeat enemies that are way higher (like dozen of levels higher) than you if you know what you are doing
Yep, i'm in it for the game lang. Never did care much about the physical stuff. If meron why not, kung wala eh di wala.
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

darkwing_uop wrote:they know this is a niche product hence they opted for a digital release because releasing this in cart form in NA would be a loss of profit for them , same as other games like the Atelier series

Could be...same thing happened with Phoenix Wright DD kaya digital lang din siya. But yeah, I'll probably still end up getting this and Child of Light in digital na lang. Wouldn't want to overspend to get them imported unless makauwi ako ng Pinas anytime soon which I doubt. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I suggest you watch this playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xLLDkGnT3p

shows how deep the game is
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

the game is out!
Aestre
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Aestre

does R1 got jap voice option?
PSN - Aestre
Nintendo FC - 2165-6945-0957
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Aestre wrote:does R1 got jap voice option?
It's actually all Japanese voices with English sub, no other option
Aestre
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Aestre

oh, cool i prefer the jap dub anyway. thanks :D
PSN - Aestre
Nintendo FC - 2165-6945-0957
parokyano
LeBronista
PSN ID: LeBronista

Pinapanood ko na yung anime baka makatulong para ma hype ako sa game..
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

parokyano wrote:Pinapanood ko na yung anime baka makatulong para ma hype ako sa game..
been playing the game, it's the only game forcing me to carry my Vita anywhere now lol there's so much to do in the game, it can get overwhelming at first though
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...titiisin ko nang di bumili nito, baka maumay ako sa gantong klaseng gameplay at pati hype ko sa freedom wars mawala.
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

basically if you liked the anime, you are going to love the game
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

new DLC for the week
Sword Art Online -Hollow Fragment- Adventure Pack includes tons of exciting new content to your original games:
- 3 new costumes
- 3 avatar sets and info
- 5 treasure boxes including new items
- 6 challenging extra missions
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Sana mag sale din ito at some point....pero unahin ko muna bumili ng 64gb mem card siguro, ambili mapuno ng 32! =$
Seraph M.D.
An1mo