PlayStation TV (Vita TV)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
qwerty
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: onearmedscissor

jaded wrote:Really made my day when I read it few days ago. Now I can and will play ps vita games on my laptop plus super portable pa.
i see this as a Sony Portable Nostalgic Device
PSV+PS2+PSP+PSone+PSN+DS3+Apps minus AR+touchscreen = PSVita TV
sana pede rin to sa SDtv para pede ko dalhin sa province
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, B, A, Select, Start
nyll47
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nyll47

Seraph011 wrote:Oo naman...something as cool as this, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out in Japan! :grin:

Siguro a good thing to take for me abouut this is that it adds incentive for publishers / developers to make games for the Vita primarily because they can reach more people now who will technically have more Vitas either in their hands or in their houses.
Eto tingin ko main reason kung bakit ginawa ng Sony to :sweat:
PS3 40GB 10/19/08-3/27/10

PSN: nyll47

Easiest way to earn online: http://www.neobux.com/?r=rnyll47
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

qwerty wrote:
jaded wrote:Really made my day when I read it few days ago. Now I can and will play ps vita games on my laptop plus super portable pa.
i see this as a Sony Portable Nostalgic Device
also it can be a Gaikai, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, flickr, web browser, 4square, skype etc device
un_holly_man
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

im gonna get this... para di na tatambay sa kwarto mga pamangkin ko..
greatness indeed!
jaded
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: kjadd

qwerty wrote: i see this as a Sony Portable Nostalgic Device
How can I play PSone - PS2 and etc? Through memory card? Or streaming? I hope hindi siya streaming since I'm planning to play mostly on laptop. Good news kasi I have a tons of games sa PSN-PSone-PS2 which is hindi ko pa natatapos.
PSN ID: kjadd <US>
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

playing PS2 games is incorrect, unless they have been converted to the Vita format like Sly, GoW etc...digital PS1 games are playable now in the Vita

basically what you can play in your Vita now can be played on the Vita TV, and in PS1 games like Tekken there is local multiplayer like in the Vita TV ad
kLuMzi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

I say PS4 should come with this feature from the get go. (and Xbox One can stfu :lol:)

If Vita can play PS4 games, I dont see a point PS4 cant play/handle Vita games.

A PS4-V maybe? Or a PS4 "premium" version + bundle with Vita.

With that, you can play both systems games either way you want, on mobile or at home.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

it would add cost if the PS4 can play native PSV games, same as the original PS3 had PS2 chips inside it, besides PS4 + Vita TV is only $499, with that combo, you can play the PS4 on any TV in the house through remote play
qwerty
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis

PlayStation 3 titles could be headed to the PS Vita TV

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57602 ... s-vita-tv/

"In the future, Sony Computer Entertainment will offer games developed for the PS3 to PS4 and PS3 by using a cloud-based game distribution service," House told Nikkei. "Technically, the PS Vita TV can support such games. Therefore, SCE is considering providing PS3 games to the PS Vita TV by using the service in the future."

wag naman sana. it can stream PS4 games and can play PS3 games through cloud
if thats the case PS3 consoles were doomed. on the brightside its the smallest or slimmest PS3 console with your HDD floating somewhere else... ok na yung idea na it can stream PS4 contents and as we all know PSVita can serve as a second screen so maybe PSV tv can enhance PS4 gaming by using another 2nd or more monitor. just my opinion.
timpossible.
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

how much mbps is needed to efficiently stream games from the ps4 to the vita tv?
that's what I want to know.
qwerty
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis

timpossible. wrote:how much mbps is needed to efficiently stream games from the ps4 to the vita tv?
that's what I want to know.
it depends on your wifi/internet connection. both devices should be connected to PSN under the same account
i just dont know if this time it will use bluetooth or if it has a wifi direct features.

now you could play your PS4 titles on your friends house without bringing your actual PS4 unit there... just plug your PSV tv and instant PS4 made portable... yun siguro main reason kaya inimbento ni Sony 'to... kailangan lang mabilis ang net mo.
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

Kelangan ba talaga meron ka Dual Shock 3 :3
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Clestcruz wrote:Kelangan ba talaga meron ka Dual Shock 3 :3
yup, but there is a value pack that includes a ds3 and a 8gb card, for about $160
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

"Western interest in Sony's upcoming PlayStation Vita TV has exceeded the company's initial expectations for the device, the company has said. "
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... ony-admits

Speaking in a roundtable interview today with Eurogamer, Sony Japan exec Masayasu Ito said that the response had been "strong... more than we expected".

"Of course we are thinking of launching it in the US and Europe," he added. "But when it comes to the timing, we'll have to watch the environment and identify what other services are available in the US and Europe and whether we'll have to add other services."

This could include other media content - local services for each region such as iPlayer, 4OD or Netflix spring to mind - or other types of game streaming.

"We'll have to look at all of this before deciding on a launch in Europe and the United States," he concluded.

In a separate interview, Sony Computer Entertainment boss Andrew House explained that Sony had been "very encouraged" by the Western response. "It's been very, very positive."

House also went into further detail about why PlayStation Vita TV is launching in Japan first. Simply put, there is no existing competitor in the region for the device, whereas streaming media boxes in the West are more commonplace.

"The reason we wanted to launch PlayStation Vita TV in Japan first was because we think that there is a significant gap in this market even for a pure streamed TV box," he explained. "There isn't really a competitor here that's staked out a claim. And frankly, in my own view, Japan is a little behind the adoption curve in video streaming services.

"So we thought we could have an opportunity in Japan to really establish a leadership position by having an addition differentiated killer app - which is having our huge library of streaming games content."

As for Europe and the US, House concluded that the potential was there, but agreed that Sony needed to investigate each region's potential further.

"The landscape is different elsewhere. [Some of Vita TV's capabilities] are already part and parcel of how consumers view media there. We need to look at each of those markets and how we approach them."
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...pwede din ba magpasok ng usb dito para manood ng mga movies like ps3?
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
Khrysler Jerikho
Crimson Ai's Rated R Nekostar
PSN ID: Khrysler_Jerikho

kant0nme
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
PSN ID: kantonme

Wow Ayos na Ayos Ito sa personal tv viewer ko :cheer:
http://psnprofiles.com/kantonme

psn kantonyou us
xbl Kant0nme
3ds 2621-3649-4246
nintendo id kantonme
Khrysler Jerikho
Crimson Ai's Rated R Nekostar
PSN ID: Khrysler_Jerikho

kant0nme wrote:Wow Ayos na Ayos Ito sa personal tv viewer ko :cheer:
Naiimagine ko na pafs, magiging ganito ka:

PototoyPwets
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Magkano kaya magiging market price nyan?
US PSN ID: pototoypwets
EU PSN ID: Pototoyski_uae
"Your best Final Fantasy is the one you played first"
kant0nme
PSN ID: kantonme

Khrysler Jerikho wrote:
kant0nme wrote:Wow Ayos na Ayos Ito sa personal tv viewer ko :cheer:
Naiimagine ko na pafs, magiging ganito ka:

Hindi ganyan nakahiga ang style ko Medyo mabigat yun personal 3d viewer :lol:
http://psnprofiles.com/kantonme