PlayStation TV (Vita TV)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

actually you have to think that this is the cheapest entry into the PS ecosystem, this is the same price as the Ouya, you can turn your TV into a smart TV for instance, it is a PS4 streamer also

and in the US, you can use it for Netflix, Amazon Video, Music Unlimited etc... set-top box, beats booting up the PS3 just for these

you have to think of what the device does overall, like you can just plug this into your PC monitor and play unlimited P4G, upload your saves into the Cloud

it does many things, I think its ingenious
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

jehuty11 wrote:makakalaro ka ng vita games kahit wala kang psv?
parang vita na mismo ito. wala lang screen saka hiwalay ang controller. :D
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
balongbalong
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden

sony's attempt to rival apple tv? meh

what sony needs to do is more AAA games on the vita, not another apple tv like device or a slim vita.

movies and shows are ip locked, unlike iTunes that aren't. so essentially its strictly a ps vita home console for us here in PH, allowing you to play ps one and psp games, wow how exciting. oh and HD remakes and ports that are also available on ps3. come on sony how many games are worth it to play on a big screen that has a resolution intended for a 5 inch screen that is only available in ps vita line up? :huh:
Tibarn
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jhai_radikz

...bumili ako ng vita para malaro mga vita games sa small screen. :sweat:
Currently Playing:
PS4: Ghost of Tsushima Switch: Fenyx rising, Witcher 3
PS5: Demons Souls, AC:Valhalla
FC: SW-8583-1421-4426
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Tibarn wrote:...bumili ako ng vita para malaro mga vita games sa small screen. :sweat:
some people might see the $99 price very tempting if they are already on the PS ecosystem, it's not really for people who already have the Vita

very tempting to those who have a huge library of digital PS1/PSP games also

for me, it's the 2nd console for the 2nd TV in the house when the main TV with the PS4 is being used for something else
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

nice ad, edited the title for more detail
dreamcastro
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: dreamcastro

I guess this is a great alternative for those who don't have vita, tight budget but want vita, or playing in bigger screen and real controller (sa totoo lang, hirap ako sa kakapindot sa vita dahil sa liit ng buttons, especially in fighting games).

I wonder if they can support external hard drive/flash drive since it has USB slot? (malamang hindi, pero kung baka sakali) :pray:
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Still can't really place this kung saan siya papasok in terms of target consumer eh. Kung sa bitin ang budget for an actual Vita but you really want to game, then just wait for the inevitable price drop of the PS3 when the PS4 comes out. Surely mas maganda pa din ang home experience mo with a PS3 than with a Vita.

Kung sa handheld gamer naman...I'd much rather stick to the actual Vita, I don't really need to buy another device to play on just to see my games on a big TV.

If I needed a quick fix for netflix and other media that the Vita TV carries, almost any other console or even Smart TVs have those by default already.

Nice as the idea might be of having a Vita for home use, I still really don't see an acutal purpose for it yet. :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

well, Japan seems to love it, the Value Pack and Standard Pack are all sold out in Amazon Japan, bodes well

smallest console ever? it plays PS1 games lol
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Oo naman...something as cool as this, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out in Japan! :grin:

Siguro a good thing to take for me abouut this is that it adds incentive for publishers / developers to make games for the Vita primarily because they can reach more people now who will technically have more Vitas either in their hands or in their houses.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o

Hmmm...so hindi din siya compatible sa lahat ng games... :ashamed:
PlayStation Vita TV will let users play PSP, PsOne Classics, and Vita games on a TV. However, games like Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, DJ Max Technika Tune, and even Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention are not compatible since they use the touch screen.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10/pl ... pXrLzG9.99
- http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10/pl ... iliconera)
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

once the DS4 comes out with the touchscreen, and the game patched, don't see much of a problem

only games that use the back touch lol
jaded
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: kjadd

Really made my day when I read it few days ago. Now I can and will play ps vita games on my laptop plus super portable pa.
PSN ID: kjadd <US>
Cosmoslayer
Rapid Reload
Rapid Reload
PSN ID: Cosmoslayer

Hope that USB port is compatible with the arcade sticks! :D
qwerty
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: onearmedscissor

jaded wrote:Really made my day when I read it few days ago. Now I can and will play ps vita games on my laptop plus super portable pa.
i see this as a Sony Portable Nostalgic Device
PSV+PS2+PSP+PSone+PSN+DS3+Apps minus AR+touchscreen = PSVita TV
sana pede rin to sa SDtv para pede ko dalhin sa province
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, B, A, Select, Start
nyll47
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: nyll47

Seraph011 wrote:Oo naman...something as cool as this, I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out in Japan! :grin:

Siguro a good thing to take for me abouut this is that it adds incentive for publishers / developers to make games for the Vita primarily because they can reach more people now who will technically have more Vitas either in their hands or in their houses.
Eto tingin ko main reason kung bakit ginawa ng Sony to :sweat:
PS3 40GB 10/19/08-3/27/10

PSN: nyll47

Easiest way to earn online: http://www.neobux.com/?r=rnyll47
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

qwerty wrote:
jaded wrote:Really made my day when I read it few days ago. Now I can and will play ps vita games on my laptop plus super portable pa.
i see this as a Sony Portable Nostalgic Device
also it can be a Gaikai, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, flickr, web browser, 4square, skype etc device
un_holly_man
Resident Evil
Resident Evil

im gonna get this... para di na tatambay sa kwarto mga pamangkin ko..
greatness indeed!
jaded
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: kjadd

qwerty wrote: i see this as a Sony Portable Nostalgic Device
How can I play PSone - PS2 and etc? Through memory card? Or streaming? I hope hindi siya streaming since I'm planning to play mostly on laptop. Good news kasi I have a tons of games sa PSN-PSone-PS2 which is hindi ko pa natatapos.
PSN ID: kjadd <US>