[OT] Watch_Dogs

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

I don't really mind the graphics...gta v does look a bit better even with the character models and the over gameplay is more refined but I still like watch dogs because of the over all concept and so far the story as well. It's not the ground breaking game for the ps4...i don't think it was meant to be but it's not a bad game and i'd even go as far to say that it's above average.

But if you have a ps3 and no ps4, get the ps3 as there are really minor differences. If you have a ps4, might as well get it for that so you can at least play it with some upgraded visuals.

I'll be blunt though in saying that it get's really tiring to just keep on reading how the game doesn't live up to GTA V standard or how it doesn't make use of the power of the ps4. Masyado lang maraming complaining all over the net...buy the game, play it and enjoy it. If you don't like how it looks because it's not pretty., well guess what, buying the game and playing it is completely voluntary.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
Lirgota
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Lirgota

Ok na ako sa ps4 ver. Mahal kasi sa pc. Need to buy a very high spec vidcard para mapatakbo ko ng mataas sa 2560x1440 at maintain na 60 fps. Siguro pag may 800 series na and steam sale na goty nito.
Wheelman
Captain Tsubasa J: Get in the Tomorrow
Captain Tsubasa J: Get in the Tomorrow

darkwing_uop wrote:
skp_16 wrote:Kamusta driving dito compared sa GTA5?
it's not so good compared to GTA5
I was expecting na ala Driver ang driving since may input ang Reflections. Anyway, surebuy pa rin naman. :-)
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

@Seraph:
can't blame some peeps when they compare it to GTAV. because when Open-World game is mentioned, GTA pops up immediately in their minds.
nasanay lang siguro sila. I have still to get this game bukas pa. But the good thing is the average review rating of 8/10. That doesn't sounds bad. It's worth a purchase already. GTAV is a very high wall to scale and to beat I'll not expect any game to beat it right away. (Even Hideo Kojima was upset when he saw GTAV right)
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Seraph011 wrote: I'll be blunt though in saying that it get's really tiring to just keep on reading how the game doesn't live up to GTA V standard or how it doesn't make use of the power of the ps4. Masyado lang maraming complaining all over the net...buy the game, play it and enjoy it. If you don't like how it looks because it's not pretty., well guess what, buying the game and playing it is completely voluntary.
I go to different forums, and Watch_Dogs sure does get a lot of unnecessary, hyperbolic hate, but let's be real, Ubisoft did this to themselves too.

1. Regarding the GTA V comparisons, some of it may be warranted, some not, but that's the reality in a post GTA V world. Hell even inFamous SS, which is a different kind of open world game was being compared to GTA V. Some idiots wanted to fricking drive a car in inFamous (why, I do not understand). This is just the reality, if you release an open world game after GTA V, you better be prepared for the comparisons.

And lets not forget about this:

They purposely put GTA V in their cross-hairs.

2. The graphics issue I can agree with, it still looks great, a little flat during the day time, but the water, weather effects are impressive, and the amount of content (I would argue) makes up for that too. It's really a much more dense world, so I think it's a trade-off that some people would appreciate. That being said, in a world where we get 'rendered footage' and bull shots, I think these game companies should stop giving us BS footage and try to sell us on that kind of experience (who can forget the Killzone 2 E3 reveal, or Aliens: Colonial Marines?). Gamers sure are nitpicky, and whiny and it gets annoying, but it's not all our fault, we also get shafted by these game companies who try to sell us on graphics too much. If they fall flat on their face and they don't deliver that's their fault.
Masterpogi04
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bhie04

ang hirap nga ng driving.. hirap ako pag chase.
PSN ID: bhie04
LBM MemberakaMasterBigMouthPOGI

"This is my story and it will go the way I want it to or I'll end it here!"

[PHI] bhie04
riddo
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: ridd09

This game reminds me of true crime series sa ps2. Like iyong driving mechanics and crime alert thingy. Honestly i like this game, but like i said too much hype and expectations lang ako siguro. Ron_bato said it all. I couldnt agree more.
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Whoa.. I didn't know Ubisoft put a GTAV's crosshairs at their own backs.
...yabang :lol:
Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

You can't please everybody. Yun lang yun. Me i'm getting this game on the PS4
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Did anyone encountered this?
Watch Dogs Server Problems Are Causing Season Pass Issues Specifically on PlayStation 4
http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/05/wa ... ss-issues/

And it broke a record...
Watch Dogs Becomes Ubisoft’s Best Selling Launch Title Day one sales impress
http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/05/wa ... nch-title/
^So what happened to the Graphics-Nitpicking Whiners saying "Pre-order Cancelled" & "No Buy"? :lol:
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

Pano ma access yung bonus mission ng ps? San part ng map makikita yun?
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
kenpachi1427
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: gerome827

marsee06 wrote:For me parang mas maganda ang graphics ng ACIV
ah ganun sir downgrade nga talaga tong WD :lol:
pero may nabasa din ako na mas clear yun watch dogs compare to AC IV, hintayin ko na lang magsale to sa psn store :)
PSN ID: gerome827
ISP: PLDT
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Clestcruz wrote:You can't please everybody. Yun lang yun. Me i'm getting this game on the PS4
Same here. Masyado lang maaarte mga "PC master gaming races" :lol:
ROUZ
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: RouzPH

^
Kita kits bro sa Watchdog MP kapag meron na ako Ps4 haha!
US PSN ID: RouzPH
(Console and PC Gamer)

COD Clan:[RxG]Reflex1tyGaming

Damn Daniel, Back At It With The White Vans!
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

riddo wrote:This game reminds me of true crime series sa ps2. Like iyong driving mechanics and crime alert thingy. Honestly i like this game, but like i said too much hype and expectations lang ako siguro. Ron_bato said it all. I couldnt agree more.
I'm glad that this game turned out good. Because honestly, who doesn't want more good games? I'll get this down the line, my money is currently reserved for EA Sports UFC, but I'm looking forward to sinking some time in this game when I have less Ubi fatigue. :)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

yup the graphics could be better because we got spoiled by the E3 2012 footage, but after a while it doesn't matter any more, the game is fun but you can definitely feel the Ubi fatigue syndrome, good thing for the online play like trailing/hacking, it breaks up the tedium
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ROUZ wrote:^
Kita kits bro sa Watchdog MP kapag meron na ako Ps4 haha!
AFAIK eh hindi daw magkakakitaan sa ibang modes except dun sa races at kung may private session daw? :lol:
My PS4 purchase can wait... dami ko pang backlogs :sweat:
migs97a
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
PSN ID: warlord97a

Does anyone know if the DLC is region locked with the disc?

For example, US Season Pass with R3 Disc. I know some games R3 and R1 are compatible.
PSN - warlord97a
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

migs97a wrote:Does anyone know if the DLC is region locked with the disc?

For example, US Season Pass with R3 Disc. I know some games R3 and R1 are compatible.
just use your R3 account to redeem it, it will still be playable with your NA account, same as the PS3, it's what I did
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

napanood niyo na ba to? , may details din sa future DLC :lol:
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold