[OT] Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Official Site: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-gb/media/index.aspx

Developer:Ubisoft
Publisher:Ubisoft

US release:
29 October 2013 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U), 15 November 2013 (PS4), 19 November 2013 (PC), 22 November 2013 (Xbox One)

EU release:
29 October 2013 (Xbox 360, PS3), 22 November 2013 (PC, Wii U, Xbox One), 29 November 2013 (PS4)

Genre:
Historic Action-Adventure
Game modes:
Singleplayer, Multiplayer
ESRB rating:
RP (Rating Pending)

Platform(s):
Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC, Wii U

Media:
DVD, Blu-ray Disc, Digital download

"I once sailed for a king. I obeyed men of privilege and wealth. Now, I bend my knee to no man. My only oath is to my crew and together we will take back what is rightfully ours. With blood and steel, we shall stand up to the powerful. Captains will curse our flag, and kings will fear it. As long as empires generate wealth and riches, we will be there to bleed them dry."
―Edward Kenway, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's "Under The Black Flag" Trailer.
It is 1715. Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established a lawless pirate republic. Among these outlaws is a fearsome young captain named Edward Kenway. His exploits earn the respect of pirate legends like Blackbeard, but draw him into an ancient war that may destroy everything the pirates have built.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is an upcoming action-adventure game, and the sixth main installment in the Assassin's Creed series. A sequel to 2012's Assassin's Creed III, the game will see the player take on the role of an Abstergo Industries research analyst as they explore the story of Edward Kenway – father to Haytham Kenway, grandfather to Ratonhnhaké:ton and an ancestor of Desmond Miles.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will be set primarily on and around the islands in the Caribbean Sea during the Golden Age of Piracy in the early 18th century, with three major cities consisting of Havana, Nassau and Kingston.

Explore an Open World Filled With Opportunity Discover the most diverse Assassin's Creed® world ever created. Explore 50 unique locations where you can live the life of a pirate, including:

- Loot underwater shipwrecks.
- Assassinate Templars in blossoming cities.
- Hunt for rare animals in untamed jungles.
- Search for treasure in lost ruins.
- Escape to hidden coves. You can also play with friends in the critically acclaimed multiplayer.

The notoriety system featured in previous Assassin's Creed games was removed from Black Flag, as a "worldwide alert" for a pirate sailing between islands was deemed illogical. In its place, a system of pirate hunters will be introduced, with four tiers of increasingly difficult ships appearing to attack the Jackdaw depending on how many robberies Edward has committed.

The new "Horizon" open-world system will dynamically create side missions, such as merchant ships to rob, whales to hunt or pirates to rescue, dependent on an individual's playing style.

Edward will be able to crouch in Black Flag, making him more discreet while tailing enemies. He can also take off his hood, depending on his surroundings.

Naval combat
The game will also include naval combat, with 40% of the story taking place on the water, which includes numerous side missions.

Become the Most Feared Pirate in the Caribbean Command your ship, the Jackdaw, and strike fear in all who see her. Plunder and pillage to upgrade the Jackdaw with ammunition, equipment, and disguises needed to fight off enemy ships. The ship's improvements are critical to Edward's progression in the game. Attack and board massive galleons, recruit sailors to join your crew, and embark on an epic adventure.

Memories
Instead of Desmond Miles, the modern day portion will be centered around the players themselves, who act as "research analysts" working for Abstergo Entertainment and reliving the memories of Edward Kenway. The Animus will no longer constrain the players with its barriers whenever they attempt to interact with an environment the ancestor has not; instead tougher enemy ships will block the way, with the only way around them being to actually explore the world, and finding things that can go towards upgrading the Jackdaw. In addition, players will be able to connect with other players in the modern day, which will allow them to interact and share information with each other.

Experience the Gritty Reality Behind the Pirate Fantasy Stand amongst legendary pirates such as Blackbeard, Calico Jack, and Benjamin Hornigold as you establish a lawless pirate republic in the Bahamas and relive the truly explosive events that defined the Golden Age of Pirates.

Edward James Kenway (1693 – 1735) was a British privateer-turned-pirate and a member of the Assassin Order.

Edward joined the British Royal Navy early in his life and, once accepted, found himself stationed in the West Indies. However, a quick end to the war and the promise of gold, glory and fame eventually seduced him into a life of piracy; it was during this quest that Edward first encountered the Assassin Order, and became embroiled in their struggle.

Edward was also the father of Haytham Kenway and the grandfather of Ratonhnhaké:ton; through this line, he is an ancestor of Desmond Miles.

Edward Thatch (c. 1680 – 1718), also known as Edward Teach, or by the alias Blackbeard, was an infamous English pirate captain who sailed the West Indies and the American Colonies during the early 18th century, aboard the ship Queen Anne's Revenge.

Thatch was also a contemporary and associate of Edward Kenway. Following his retirement, Kenway took an Irish bloodhound as a pet, which he named Thatch.

Benjamin Hornigold (unknown - 1719) was an English pirate from 1715 to 1718, and a member of the Templar Order. He was most famous for mentoring Blackbeard and for being one of the founders of the pirate republic at Nassau.

He later became a pirate hunter working for Woodes Rogers, after the British offered him a letter of pardon in exchange for the lives of his former comrades.

Jack Rackham (27 December 1682 – 18 November 1720), more commonly known as Calico Jack, was a pirate captain who sailed the West Indies during the Golden Age of Piracy.

Anne Bonny (8 March 1702 – 22 April 1782) was an Irish pirate born in Kinsale, Ireland during the early 18th century who operated out of the Caribbean. At some point, she had a relationship with the Assassin Edward Kenway.

Charles Van​e (c.1680 – 29 March 1721) was an English pirate captain who sailed the West Indies from 1716 until 1719.

The multiplayer aspect of Black Flag will include cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes from previous games, alongside new maps and new characters.

To date, the characters are as follows:

Adventurer
Buccaneer
Cutthroat
Dandy
Duelist
Firebrander
Huntsman
Lady Black
Mercenary
Navigator
Night Stalker
Physician
Puppeteer
Rebel
Wayfarer

Adding to this, the locations are:

Havana
Saba Island
Saint Lucia
Saint Pierre
Portobelo
Prison
Palenque
Tampa Bay

Furthermore, players can create custom game modes alongside default and Game Lab modes and share it to their friends.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Limited Edition (GAMESTOP)
- Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag Limited Edition contains the essential items for gamers to Unite under the Black Flag.
- A stunning 18" Assassin statue featuring Captain Edward Kenway
- An embroidered 28"x 48" iconic Assassin's Creed pirate flag with crest
- Exclusive 80-page art book
- Steelbook game case
- Epic game soundtrack

- A retail copy of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
- An exclusive single player mission, Black Island.
- Access to the Black Ship.
- Special silver flintlock pistols used by Captain Morgan for single-player, and additional Captain Morgan items for use in multiplayer.
- Todd MacFarlane poster.

U.K.
Black Chest Edition
- A collector's box.
- A steelbook case.
- A copy of the world map.
- An artbook.
- A copy of the official soundtrack.
- Two exclusive lithographs.
- Two canvas prints.
- A black flag.
- A 55 centimeter Captain Edward Kenway diorama.
- Three exclusive single player missions, Black Island, Hidden Mystery, and Sacrificed Secrets.
- Access to all pre-order packs.

Buccaneer Edition
- A collector's box.
- An artbook.
- A 46 centimeter Captain Edward Kenway figurine.
- Three exclusive single player missions, Black Island, Hidden Mystery and Sacrificed Secrets.

Skull edition
- Pre-order pack: Captain Kenway's Legacy.
- A jumbo steel case.
- An artbook.
- Two exclusive single player missions, Hidden Mystery and Sacrificed Secrets.

Special edition
- Pre-order pack: Captain Kenway's Legacy.
- An exclusive single player mission, Sacrificed Secrets.
- Pre-order pack: Includes Captain Drake's Outfit, dual swords, and dual flintlocks.
- Pre-order pack: Captain Kenway's Legacy. Includes golden dual swords and the Treasure Hunter costume for the multiplayer.

AC4-Lethal Pirate Edition
- 18-inch statue of Edward Kenway
- Pirate flag measuring 28 inches by 48 inches, embroidered with the Assassins' crest
- Art book
- Steel game case
- Original soundtrack
- Black Bart action figure by McFarlane Toys.
- Digital wallpaper by Todd McFarlane
- Black Bart Sails for the Jackdaw
- Hidden Mystery mission
- Stede Bonnet's ship

E3 Official Gameplay Demo - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Defy History - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Pirate Gameplay Experience Video Naval Exploration - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

A Pirate's Life on High Seas | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

13 Minutes of Caribbean Open-World Gameplay | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Stealth Gameplay Walkthrough Video | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

DEFY - Official Live Action Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Gamescom Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

GamesCom Demo: Naval & Fort Commented Walkthrough | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

The Actors of Black Flag | Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Locations and Activities - 10 Minute Gameplay Walkthrough | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

The Black Flag Diaries #2: A Diverse Open World - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Building a Next-Gen Open World | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Infamous Pirates Video | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

The Pirate Heist Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag -- Tattoo TV Spot

PlayStation Exclusive Content Deep Dive | Assassins Creed Black Flag 4

Freedom Cry DLC Trailer Featuring Adewale|Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Edward Kenway story trailer I Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Official Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

ImageImage
ImageImage

Original Thread: http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=63845
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

very nice OT!

and also the first PS4 [OT]! :cheer: next gen is just around the corner!
cxiao12
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: cxiao12/cxiao123

While browsing the ps store nakita ko yung category na ps3 to ps4 na ang nakalagay eh pre order now for $9.99 ano to? Is it just me? Or talagang pre order lang TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION may payment pa afterwards?
ps3 slim 160gb CECH-2512A
psp 2000 piano black
psp 3000 pianoblack
psp 3006 purple
ps Vita sapphire blue 32gb
PSN: US cxiao123 HK cxiao12
CUH-1006A Hong Kong Ps4 Killzone shadowfall bundle
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

cxiao12 wrote:While browsing the ps store nakita ko yung category na ps3 to ps4 na ang nakalagay eh pre order now for $9.99 ano to? Is it just me? Or talagang pre order lang TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION may payment pa afterwards?
link to the web store?
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Pre-order ata yan.

Next-gen is upon us! My PS4 console... wala pa pang pre-order, games muna hehehe.
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

Very nice OT. Fighting!
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
mkmcarlos
Demon Lord of the Round Table
PSN ID: mkmcarlos182

Nice OT pre. :2thumbs:
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

PS3 vs PS4 visual comparison
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

DAT DETAIL :o :shock: :2thumbs:
migs23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: migs23 and iamironman23

getting the during targets buy 2 get 1 free sale for ps4 games :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
PSN ID: iamironman23 and migs23-dad ko ang gumagamit
Nintendo Network ID: iamironman23
PS4 PRO 1tb
PS4 Arkham Knight Edition 2tb
Xbox One S 2tb
Nintendo Switch (Neon Blue/Red)
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

feeling ko parang ganito mangyayari sa MGSV between PS4 and PS3 releases... gut feel ko lang
a13
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: batoy11

been playing this game the most since I got my ps4. I didn't originally plan on getting this game as I was set on getting watch dogs. good thing watch dogs got delayed; otherwise, I wouldn't have played this very fun game. I never got to finish AC3 because I just couldn't bear connor.

i'm loving how you can just sail and plunder ships. i never really cared about AC's story, so i'm all about the gameplay. gladly, in terms of gameplay options, AC4 delivers.
PSN ID: batoy11
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8672-9360
alex042795
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: alex042795

Magkano to sa DB? Papabili kasi ako sa kuya ko..
[RPHS] PSN: alex042795 -PS4/PSV/PS3
XBL: AlexPapaPH
NNID: alexpapaph
Switch FC: 7896-0448-2000

Solid Green and Gold
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Just tested my PS4 game of ACIV pero yung unit hindi akin, laki ng difference nung game in terms of graphical effects! :cheer:
ps3gamer
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: adiktus888

sir altahi paki confirm po if region lock yung DLC? kase bumili ako r3 na game ng AC Black Flag sa ps4, meron TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION kasama na mga DLC gagana parin bah sa US account ko yung DLC... Same lang bah to sa ps3? kase ok lang mga DLC ko sa AC 3 ko dati
Psn ID: adiktus888
LAG Ops 2 4 bars = delayed!
jaded
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: kjadd

Been looking for this games for 2 weeks na. Out of stock lagi and end up buying the PC version. Is there a difference between PC and PS4? May exclusive gameplay ba sa PS4 and worth it ba? If this weekend hindi parin maka hanap, I probably won't buy it sa PS4 =/
PSN ID: kjadd <US>
jetrick
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

The only difference between ps4 and pc is the graphics. If you have a powerhouse
pc mas maganda graphics ng ac s pc pero konti TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION difference di mo masyado
mapapansin. Pero sa content di ako sure kung may extra s ps4.
Intel Core I7 2600k
500GB
160GB
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
Gainward Phantom Nvidia GTX 670
PS3 Slim 360GB
PS4
jaded
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden
PSN ID: kjadd

jetrick wrote:The only difference between ps4 and pc is the graphics. If you have a powerhouse
pc mas maganda graphics ng ac s pc pero konti TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION difference di mo masyado
mapapansin. Pero sa content di ako sure kung may extra s ps4.
I just bought a copy sa DB. Suprisingly its R3 and can't redeem code since down ang PSN Asia. Found out it has exclusive content sa PS4 so i bought it quickly. About sa PC I have a decent tier desktop that can run at 1080p with high fps and a new model of Alienware m17x, But I was suprise that PS4 is almost identical when it comes to graphics with my desktop and laptop. Framerate isn't an issue anymore sa PS4 though lighting and some details are better in PC/Laptop.
PSN ID: kjadd <US>
jetrick
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer

Regarding the graphics of AC between pc and ps4 very minimal lang ang difference nila
mas ok syempre ang anti aliasing ng pc saka TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION soft shadow and of course tesselation.
Ano pala yung exclusive content and how much? Planning to get one sa ps4 para may
Games ako. Haha. Thanks
Intel Core I7 2600k
500GB
160GB
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
Gainward Phantom Nvidia GTX 670
PS3 Slim 360GB
PS4
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

ps3gamer wrote:sir altahi paki confirm po if region lock yung DLC? kase bumili ako r3 na game ng AC Black Flag sa ps4, meron TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION kasama na mga DLC gagana parin bah sa US account ko yung DLC... Same lang bah to sa ps3? kase ok lang mga DLC ko sa AC 3 ko dati
As far as I know yung sa PS3 version nung kaibigan ko eh ni-redeem niya yung codes sa R3 account (R3 yung ACIV) nya then nung naglaro siya sa R1 (US) account nya eh nadetect naman, which means mukhang region free yung DLC. Try mo na lang gumawa o maglagay ng R3 account sa PS4 mo.

Sa Season Pass, different region naman kaya? pwede?... anyone? :sweat: