PlayStation 4

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Young_Hegelian
Myst
Myst
PSN ID: Young_Hegelian

So we need to use our real names, our real photos as avatars... So basically we need a Credit Card to confirm our personal information, because that's the only way I see people using their real name. What if PSN doesn't even support the Philippines, what then?

I hope I don't have to start over again, sana hindi katulad ng Vita to na one account lang per console, cause if that's the case I will definitely use my dummy US PS PLUS account if that's even possible instead of main HK account.

Still excited though, just worried since we are not supported by Sony.

EDIT
My understanding now is that Facebook and PSN will be tied together on your account. :agree:

Yung mock profile na pinakita ng Sony ang username nya DayZ100... DayZ on PS4?
PSN ID: Young_Hegelian
chrisjay90
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: Chan0fNetson

eh makakapag run na ba ang ps4 ng 1080 native games ??
kasi niresearch ko lahat ng ps3 xbox 360 games karamihan 720p lang inuunat lang nila para maging 1080 kaya TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION iba sabog graphics
kung gan2 nga
benta na xbox
bili bili rin ps4!! wooohoo
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

chrisjay90 wrote:eh makakapag run na ba ang ps4 ng 1080 native games ??
kasi niresearch ko lahat ng ps3 xbox 360 games karamihan 720p lang inuunat lang nila para maging 1080 kaya TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION iba sabog graphics
kung gan2 nga
benta na xbox
bili bili rin ps4!! wooohoo
actually most current gen games are even sub HD (less than 720p), like COD, most likely 1080p will be the native res for the next gen, for example Killzone :SF
KimiRaiks
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix
PSN ID: KimiRaiks

Wala pa ba idea ano itsura ng hardware nito?
PS3 R1
PS3 R3 (YLOD)
PSP2006
PS2
PlayStation
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

tingin ko yung hard ware parang ps2/ps3 din na may extrang nakalawit.

so kung 6x na ang blu-ray drive, hopefully faster loading ang games.
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

KimiRaiks wrote:Wala pa ba idea ano itsura ng hardware nito?
E3
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

PS4: PC-like architecture, 8GB RAM delight developers
"And the fact it's GDDR5 memory as well is just nuts..."

So, what, then, do developers think of the PS4? Most Eurogamer spoke to, some of whom are working on secret PS4 games as we speak, expressed their delight at the ease with which they will be able to make games for Sony's next-gen console. This, for many, is the most exciting thing about the PS4 - and will, surely, result in better games.

"The console itself is exactly what developers were hoping for. The familiar PC architecture means we can fast track our focus on the content rather than navigating the system's complexities which will surely result in better quality titles for players across the board."

Stewart Gilray, boss of Oddword developer Stranger's Wrath (they've got a secret PS4 game in development), agrees with Baynes.

"As Mark [Cerny] said, it's closer to PC architecture. So it's easy to develop for and easier to switch to and get something up and running relatively quickly; maybe half the time it would take to get a PS3 off the ground.

"We had PS3 Stranger's Wrath running in four weeks from starting it. You could probably get it up and running in a couple weeks on PS4. Which is why the early dev kits for PS4 were basically suped-up PCs. So when you move forward, there's not a massive re-learning curve. It's not a million miles away."

The console itself is exactly what developers were hoping for -BigBit boss Nick Baynes

The PS4's PC-like architecture isn't the only new feature to have met approval from the development community. The console's impressive 8GB of GDDR5 RAM came as a surprise to many gamers - and even some developers we spoke to who have worked with PS4 dev kits.

Traditionally console dev kits contain more memory than retail units. With the PS4 dev kits containing 8GB of RAM, Sony's announcement that the retail unit would contain the same amount delighted as much as it surprised.

"8GB of GDDR5. Just for a minute can you work out what that means?" Gilray says, excited. "That's a phenomenal amount of memory. And the fact it's GDDR5 memory as well is just nuts."

Gilray isn't alone. Respected game developers, including id Software programming legend John Carmack, Gearbox chief Randy Pitchford and Crytek R&D principle graphics programmer Tiago Sousa, took to Twitter to say how pleased they were with the amount of RAM in the console.

"8 GB unified mem as baseline for next tech iterations makes me very, very happy. Fun times coming ^_^," tweeted Sousa. "I can't speak freely about PS4, but now that some specs have been made public, I can say that Sony made wise engineering choices," said Carmack.

Overall, though, a good start from a development point of view. "It's refreshing," Gilray says. "They could have gone ape s*** and done a stupidly-fast £500 console, which can do movie-quality CG at 1080p at 60 frames per second. But would we want that?

"I'd much rather have something, which they proposed, which is a decent system that runs at 1080p with very good graphics but still concentrates on the social aspect."

full article here > eurogamer
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

to think my PC only has 1 GB GDDR5
Eric_R
Silver6
PSN ID: RED_1

I was hoping the console will have a multiple screen support. I guess that's not gonna happen. :huh:
::: Colony 102176 :::
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

in order to maximize 8GB RAM, the operating system must be 64-BIT, other wise it can only use up to 4GB.

unless they have something like this
http://askubuntu.com/questions/20049/do ... stallation
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

It's great news for indie developers, since its x86 code
sinkhole12
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Sana durable na at maganda ang design para tumagal naman yung unit.
Buying: 3DS GAMES>> http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52386
Selling/Trading: None
Mitups: Pque, Las Piñas, Alabang, Mckinley Hill
09054982633/09198021610
deathzero23
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Well this another question...

What about PS4's Cooling system? We don't wanna buy a Console that will be prone to another YLOD?
This is the question that is far more important than the specs itself. We are talking about "Longevity" here.
I guess Sony will not make concrete statement about it. Or we'll wait from someone to torture test it.

I hope someone in E3 will ask.. "YLOD?"
qwerty
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: onearmedscissor

Analog TV-Out... na naman.. parang yung sa PS1... talaga?
Bluetooth 2.1... i hope its not final.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, B, A, Select, Start
SirZap
Big Daddy
PSN ID: SirZapp

pagkakataon na para makagawa ng games for playstation
Like · Comment · Share
You and 101 others like this.
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

so wala ng hassle for devs ngayon to make games for console at mapapabilis yung paggawa ng games, dadami ang games lalo ng next-gen pag ganyan.. baka lumipat na rin mga PC Exclusive titles niyan sa PS4 :agree: (umm guild wars please?) :sweat:
gabe
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: chl_28

PlayStation 4 Eye

External Dimension Approx. 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (width x height x depth)
(tentative)
Weight Approx. 183g (tentative)
Video Pixel (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
Video Frame Rate 1280x800 pixel @ 60fps
640x400 pixel @ 120fps
320x192 pixel @ 240fps
Video Format RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
Lens Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
Capture Range 30cm~∞
Field-of-View 85°
Microphone 4 Channel Microphone Array
Connection Type PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)
Cable Length Approx. 2m (tentative)
Last edited by gabe on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
PS4 BF4 Account: xXSIXTHMANXx
PS4 Primary Account: X-SIXTHMAN-X
Sandatahang Lakas ng [RP]
Strike Team Tagay Primetime Edition
qwerty
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Power Serve 3D Tennis
PSN ID: onearmedscissor

sa wakas di na port ang games ng PlayStation nagyun at di na sila magdedepend sa Xbox ports when it comes on multiplats games.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, B, A, Select, Start
kwazy_myk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: swoosh_boo

deathzero23 wrote:Well this another question...

What about PS4's Cooling system? We don't wanna buy a Console that will be prone to another YLOD?
This is the question that is far more important than the specs itself. We are talking about "Longevity" here.
I guess Sony will not make concrete statement about it. Or we'll wait from someone to torture test it.

I hope someone in E3 will ask.. "YLOD?"
"Longevity" ANCIENT ALIENS :agree:

up for the YLOD, it is no joke to buy and buy and buyyyyyy, new PLAYSTATION console. :mrgreen:
[PHI] - PINOY BARUMBADOS...

[:.*] i..YUM!

PS3 80GB BC - Motorstorm bundle "SOLD"
PS3 40GB - R.I.P
XBOX Elite - LEGIT
PS3 SLIM - Gran Turismo Edition "Titanium Blu"

PSN: swoosh_boo + onezerotwosix
XBL: iamsw00sh
kodawocka
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: SuperStrategyKid

Bakit kaya in-na-in ngayon yung boxed shape ui na may resemblance sa metro ui for win8?
PSN ID: SuperStrategyKid / justingcharles
Cheapest PSN Cards Around :
http://pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=62027

My Feedback thread:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=62028